Go to page:

Poem Donations

clewluss
SMOOKY
Thought Provoker
Joined 22nd Apr 2014
Forum Posts: 281

Are you a successful poet?  

Have you achieved a sense of satisfaction?  

Then why not consider putting a poem out there, for others to claim as their own, for those of us who really cannot write good work, like yourself.

Help others feel the same satisfaction and joy you get from the compliments and awards you  receive from your readers and listeners.

I am asking Successful poets, who have had more than enough for themselves.

Like giving those extra or outgrown clothes to Goodwill, here is your opportunity to cast off a poem and make it available to the world of less fortunate writers.

This act of giving, will allow yourself to experience new, unique joys you may not have even known existed.

All great and established poets, I call on you from the farthest reaches of Australia, Britain, Spain, even the United States.

I will guarantee you will find your donation very rewarding.

Donate a Poem, Today!

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 1779

Hello, Well, I am not sure how this would work. I mean it's like they know they didn't write it and it's like lying saying they wrote it but didn't . also how could that benefit someone who can't write. then they would have to live up to the standards of the poems they pretended to write.
I'm all for charity but this makes no sense.
Sorry ...
Good luck

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5594

I think people have been plagiarized enough--this is in essence, having them give their permission to be plagiarized and let someone else put their name on someone else's work. I doubt you'll get any serious entries here, but I'll venture a guess, that if any entries do drop in here, they'll be snarky ones at that.  

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16073

Im disqualified as I don't come from the countries specified and I'm not a successful poet. But I concur with you Mlavender. It's almost like promoting plagiarism.  

BoFantastic
Thought Provoker
7awards
Joined 24th Apr 2014
Forum Posts: 333

Donate a poem? What is this Salvation Army? The idea sounds a bit absurd to me, no offense. It sound like a ghost writer. But not get paid for the work. The Karmic repercussions would be bad for both participants, the poetry gods would not like it. You got to respect the poetry gods, and obey your inspiration.

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

I know I am

Deep in my mind

d
e
e
p

d
e
e
p

down

at the end
of all matter

at the very end
of my nervous
system

b e y o n d  thought
b e y o n d comprehension
b e y o n d my own capacity

there is nothing
but an exhale of wind
a movement
a shifting inspiration

so I push

and push

to expel this feeling
to prove my worth as a poet

I feel

[it]

sliding free of my mind
free of my body
free of worthlessness

free

feelings
words
emotions
abstract
meanings
falling free
like a dead bird
plummeting back to earth
with
a
BIG
dry
thud

and
remnants
of a brown
nothingness

I am

Written by Curtis

poet Anonymous

Weirdest thread ever..... lol

poet Anonymous

I can't understand someone wanting accolades for doing something they didn't do! The prompt you get when publishing-"only submit your own work", is for good reason. I can give you credit for having your heart in the right place (assuming it's not that you want them for yourself )but your head is obviously lost.
This embodies much of what's wrong with people in general these days, they want to do the minimal with as little effort as possible and then have the world applaud them for it.
If they can't write they should try harder or find what they are good at and pursue that.

I'm glad the site mods were onto this one, this is a thread that exists to try to break the rules of writing and publishing ethics.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

clewluss said:

Like giving those extra or outgrown clothes to Goodwill, here is your opportunity to cast off a poem and make it available to the world of less fortunate writers.

^^^^ that is a pretty poor comparison. Giving away clothes is not giving away the label of said clothes (it does not mean they can say they made those clothes)

You are asking us to give away our creations (which on the most part  are written from personal experience) for whoever, to claim them as their own work. Whatever happened to each person challenging their own minds rather than have a piece of someone else's donated to them?

How about an artist create a work of art on canvas, then give it to me because I cannot paint/draw and then I will tell everyone I painted it?

It is absolutely ridiculous albeit your heart is in the place as Miki said.

(thumbs down)

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

I would be interested in donating a poem to an aspiring poet. shame on all you nay sayers. words are free, and for the most part poets are poor barely keeping head above water types so giving financial aid to causes can be hard. why not give a poem?

it’s hardly plagiarism if you donate it same was as the panhandler isn’t a thief if you throw some coins into his hat or bucket or whatever

are words that precious to you, your words?  ..but they’re not your words are they ..not really.

I put it to you people that you are a bunch of elitist snobs, hoarding words.

fo shame, poets ..fo shame

thank you, Curtis for exposing this ..this innate  meanness among  the very type of people with whom charity should be living and breathing

...there are no words  ..’cept the ones above obviously

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

There is a big difference in giving someone a poem and giving someone a poem and them claiming to have written the life within said poem.

Yeah take the coins.  But don't claim to have minted them.

Words are anyone's, but the story told belongs to the author not the story teller.

poet Anonymous

I'm nawt A knaysayher. Butt it didn't werk. Eye tryed givin' my writin' stuff aweigh. Won guy took it. Everybodee laffed. Eye gess datz rejeckshun.

The Free stuff poeum eye don't Kare about

Eye'm givin' dis won aweigh.
Itz just trash
dis poeum.
Butt if youse want to tayke it.
Go ahead.
Tayke it.
Klean it up.
Mayke it yur own.
Eye don't care.
Eye ain't know knaysayer.
Itz free.

Butt pleeze upp and coming poeit.
Pleeze give me sum kredit.
Give me sum kredit fer givin' free sheet aweigh.
Dat wuld bee da wryte ting tew dew.

Syned,
Mister Roachmill
An aspyering poeit
Eye use tew bee a detective.
Still am eye gess.
Kynd uv.

poet Anonymous

...And therefore, Craic will be making a large donation anonymously- watch your email.

Magdalena makes the point perfectly. "Donating" clothes or paintings or poems is one thing, but claiming its your work when it isn't is lying and if that helps improve self esteem, the problem is bigger than a poem can solve.

Whether you sewed, knitted, painted, wrote it
The "joy" obtained, (if any) when compliments are received on work only exists because you actually did the work!

None of us own words exclusively but what makes a poem worthy is the use of words to convey what's felt deeper, and that we DO own.
If we could donate the pain and life experience along with the piece then maybe it'd be fair

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

Simplepasserby
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 22nd Aug 2014
Forum Posts: 41

How about instead of donating a poem to a poet, we just simply give them advise and inspiration? I am not claiming I am good or anything, but if someone wants to be a good poet, why not get advise and suggestions from more established poets? Donate some of your talent. I think its a little dishonest to take a poem that isn't yours and receive applause for it, even if they give you the right. That's just me though, and really why care about accolades, I think about half of my poems have never been commented on, but I still enjoy writing it really isn't about the praise, its about looking at a write and thinking, I enjoy that. It got out what I needed to get out, that's the real beauty in poetry. Sure it is nice to receive the metaphorical slap on the back once in a while, I don't think anyone would deny that, but that really shouldn't be the biggest driving factor so much so you whish to lie about someone eles work. That's my two cents worth.

Go to page:
Go to: