Go to page:

2 sites plagiarizing from Du

poet Anonymous

yeah, i know how you feel Mag, it's disheartening and exhausting when it happens one too many times.  I'm still battling with poetry.com and that b**** still has most of my poems, more than i have here in my portfolio.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

They are a bunch of fucking wankers.  I really need to be blunt at the moment. Sorry Vee, there is not a lot that can be done when the site owners ignore your requests. Makes them just as bad in my book.

seekingkate
kateA
Tyrant of Words
Australia 28awards
Joined 20th May 2014
Forum Posts: 2079

how do we find out the http address for each of our poems?  Please can someone tell me...
Am in the process of sending an email to fubar.com about the Italian Meow and his plagiarising of 2 of my poems....

poet Anonymous

When you go to the poem itself in your page, just look at the top portion of your browser and it will display this.

http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems/171726-between-my-soft-thighs/

(copy and paste to your email, along with the guy's profile link)

http://fubar.com/italianmeow

and, im sorry which one was your second poem in question?

seekingkate
kateA
Tyrant of Words
Australia 28awards
Joined 20th May 2014
Forum Posts: 2079

Thanks for that Vee....
Second poem was http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems/170436-lets-see-where-this-goes/
I'll finish the email now and see what happens.....thanks again

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
AscensionES
Aptilneilrionaltion
Dangerous Mind
Australia 9awards
Joined 22nd Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 1797

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

poet Anonymous

Plagiarists equal the devil's spawn.

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

are you guys callin people out on the other sites?

i jus don't get it?

it's flattery right?
i'm not dissin anyone jus sayin....
tell everyone they fake and you get your name known cuz people stealing from you?

maybe i'm diff cuz i write garbage and nobody jacks me but they are not making money and if you call em on it it's a plug for you?

right?

i hate the whole concept of marketing.........

i don't defend biters but if they spreading your name, aren't you just spreading theirs now?

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

My work/poetry, my business.  Your work/poetry, your business.

I choose how I deal with plagiarist or not. You choose how you deal with them or not.

Catch them quick before they make millions of pounds from them!
Hilarious Dick-y.

poet Anonymous

Kate A,
the poem "between my thighs" is posted on several places on the net, not just Italian Meow's profile.
he may have pulled it from one of the other sites.
Look at Google entries here in this link

https://www.google.com/search?q=Between+my+soft+thighs+That's+where+I+want+you++Tantalising+my+8000+nerve+endings+In

On 2 of the sites, the poem was posted the same day as you posted the poem here, July 30th.

Tumbler posts are quickly grabbed and copied many times by others; the traffic of viewers is very heavy there.

7thMidget
Lost Thinker
Portugal
Joined 3rd Aug 2014
Forum Posts: 19

johnrot said:(...)

i don't defend biters but if they spreading your name, aren't you just spreading theirs now?

I think the issue is that they're not spreading the original writers' names. They're taking the poems as if they wrote them themselves.

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 1531

Stealing is wrong no matter what it is. I like your car so I hope you don't mind if I take it any time I please. I also like your money, so I'll have me some of that too. I mean its just flattery that I like what you have, so just give me your car keys and wallet, there are a few babes I want to impress with them and they don't need to know it all belongs to you...

Or maybe you just don't care about your poetry the way most of us do. My poetry matters to me. I sent my poetry collection to the Library of Congress and paid them $40 to get it all officially copyright registered so if it ever got stolen I would have legal grounds to stand on in court. I doubt it will ever be necessary, but since I got them published I feel a lot more secure than I did before. Web site copyright is all well and good, but I have seen a few poetry sites I posted my poems in go out of existence over the past 15 years. Don't count on DUP being here forever.

It would almost be flattery to have someone copy your work if anyone knew about it, but you are not going to get credit from a thief. And while you ae busy being flattered by my desire for your things, I like your girlfriend too, please send her on over to my house so I can use her for a few weeks. I'll be sure to post some selfies of us in bed together so you can tell everyone that she's really your girlfriend and you are so proud of how other guys want to be with her too!
JJ

Tamaura_NightAngel
Thought Provoker
France 1awards
Joined 23rd Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 42

there is a nother site on facebook called Strange Art they have one of my poems on there that they took with out me saying its ok i do not write poems anywhere but on dup and when i tryed to go in to contact some one about it gives me the page with nothing but a bunch of photos on it but when you look it up there is my user name for dup but some one canged it and there is also the poem that i wrote  i will copy and post what it says in the surch thing for google  there are other peoples work from dup on here also but this is realy annoying and i dont post my poems on fb or anywhere but dup !!!!!!!
Strange Art - Facebook
m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=551398411617826
Time by Tamaura - NightAngel. Time is moveing in hiperdrive I cant bleave that tomrrow is the day that I will have to see his face . I am holding it all together I will ...

WHAT DO I DO !!!

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5599

Tamaura--report the Facebook site and provide a link to your work  here, that's been stolen.

Update on Street Poetry:  looks like they've removed my accusatory post from their page, but have also gone in and added the authors' names to the poems that have been posted, as giving them credit.  So for those who have had their work posted on that FB page, it appears that you at least have credit for it now, but there too, if you do not want it there, i.e. your permission was not asked to post your poem, then you'll need to get in touch with FB.  If you're fine with how it is now, then let it ride.

Go to page:
Go to: