Go to page:

Writer's Block... Any ideas?

opheliac
Dangerous Mind
9awards
Joined 29th Aug 2009
Forum Posts: 2122

the only way to deal with writer's block is to stop considering yourself as a writer. It works miracles with me!

jvp
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 21st June 2014
Forum Posts: 91

OK, so you have writer's block.  What else can you tell us about yourself?  

dethly_deltron
Strange Creature
Joined 11th Aug 2014
Forum Posts: 2

while it seems frusterating to get a case of writer's block, it is something that you dont wanna force either. i am a musician and weather it is words for a song or the musical part of it, if it forced...it isn't really natural.

anonymouslyhere
Pariah Shadow
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 31st Oct 2013
Forum Posts: 1633

Listening to some music or read some good poetry either hear or look up some of the good poets, Emily Dickinson Sylvia plath ect. I mean don't copy it but it could get the creative juices flowing.

poet Anonymous

I will preface this comment by saying that I'm on my phone wit a terrible connection right now and I don't know what's been said previously bc its too much bother to look...but with writers block I think Mr Bukowski had it right (he even had it inscribed on his headstone) "Don't try". When you have apoem that needs to be birthed, go with it but if you have to try its not worth it! I agree with him..if listening to music, trying to write in the comps with their prompts or going for a walk does not inspire you the FACE IT..you have nothing worth saying right now and don't try

dartford
Paul S...
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 29awards
Joined 13th June 2013
Forum Posts: 249

just write loads and don't consider
posting it, just write for the sake of
it and do it for your own amusement,
just write something you'd like to
read...oh yes, you've got to read..:)

whale
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 24awards
Joined 9th Dec 2013
Forum Posts: 233

Don't write

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

destroy everything you know and then attempt to rebuild....

ThyHoneynut
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 30th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 65

My problem isn't that I can't figure out what to write...My problem is that I'm unable to write out all that's in my head.

whale
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 24awards
Joined 9th Dec 2013

Ah ... You are one of those that thinks that others thinking about them thinking is a thought worth thinking about

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

getting your toe cut off is inspiring..

whale
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 24awards
Joined 9th Dec 2013

Or a head - this is a good way of emptying the mind although very bad for future inspiration of course... Mmm ... More to think about

whale
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 24awards
Joined 9th Dec 2013

Thinking about it a foot would be better - would Henley have written invictus if he'd had two - or
may be keep all toes,
don't lose your head
and go for a walk
instead

CaeruleaTigris
Strange Creature
Joined 28th Aug 2014
Forum Posts: 3

Write things based on your dreams.

Harold-Weathervein
Levi Braathen
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 22nd Feb 2010
Forum Posts: 43

Just sit down and do nothing. Don't fiddle with your phone or have the tv on. Just sit on your chair and do nothing. A strong whiskey water usually helps as well.

Go to page:
Go to: