Go to page:

Writer's Block... Any ideas?

Huefxria
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 27th July 2014
Forum Posts: 2

I am not a new user here, in fact I used to have an account here, however.. I lost contact with my email & the username & password, so i am now restarting... I am in need of any ideas on what to write... I am stuck. :/ don't you all just hate that sometimes? Ha! Any ideas?

Krosgood
Violence
Thought Provoker
United States 12awards
Joined 21st Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 166

I read and watch movies a lot. It helps me most of the time. But if you are in the mood to write and can't think of something a good thing to get those gears turning is find a picture, something you really like, and write about it.  Sometimes music helps too. Hope that helps some.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
LunaObscura
Utmakalitho Petragammata
Fire of Insight
United States 5awards
Joined 2nd June 2011
Forum Posts: 655

I like to listen to atom heart mother and meditate

Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 20th July 2014
Forum Posts: 433

When you have multiple personalities, one of you is always writing about something.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
edead
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 9th Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 47

Get out of your element. Do something new that you've not done before. Go to a new place, meet with ew people orHang with a different crowd.

AscensionES
Aptilneilrionaltion
Dangerous Mind
Australia 9awards
Joined 22nd Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 1797

You've nothing to write about as you've nothing to say.

Refine your thought process, question your intentions and show us the results.

jvp
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 21st June 2014
Forum Posts: 91

Sometimes I feel like I'm going to stop writing poetry, it has served it's purpose, I can move on.

Here are some ways to generate new topics to write about....   Write a funny poem (send it to me), Write a sad poem (keep that), write about whats wrong with the world (if you don't think anything is wrong turn on the news), write about your daily routine, join a competition, ....   Read other peoples poems for a couple of weeks, see what you like, and then write a different perspective...

Good luck.  Look forward to your next penning....

poet Anonymous

When you stare at a blank page and you can't write, something is going in your life that is preventing the creative juices in your brain to flow. Yes, in most cases when something is wrong in your life, that's when writers tend to gather the inspiration and creative juices to write a poem, HOWEVER, sometimes writer's block is a symptom that something in your life needs attention and until you address it, those creative juices cannot flow. OR!!! If you're having writer's block, I suggest you go online or open a poetry anthology (if you have) and read other poets like Dickinson, or Frost, or Bukowski OR read the poets on this site or re-read your own poems.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
BigVirge
Big Virge
Fire of Insight
Barbados 1awards
Joined 15th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 329

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Spot on .....

Just don't sit there trying to force it ....
If you relax and chill sumthin' invariably will hit you but you better have pen and pad or device ready to note the idea down .... if  you cannot complete it there and then ....

Writers Block ... I think NOT.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 20th July 2014
Forum Posts: 433

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Even more problematic for the individual with the personalities, given that they all share one bank account because only one of them has a real paycheck.

But I highly suggest starting one or two, because there are stories just waiting to be told - inspired by life experiences you simply don't remember having.

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

Jack's ... 420 ... the taste of mi brujita ... Live jazz ... Next question.

Go to page:
Go to: