Go to page:

Tarot~

flower_child
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 22nd July 2014
Forum Posts: 16

Hello everyone
I am getting a deck of tarot cards in the next week.
I really need to practice, I'm rusty on my tarot, but am doing free reading to practice!
If you comment on this thread with a topic that is TAROT-appropriate, (here is questions NOT to ask the tarot http://www.biddytarot.com/what-not-to-ask-the-tarot/), when I get my cards I will privately message you a thorough tarot reading! Have a good night guys!

Benji
Leah Johnson
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 23rd Mar 2011
Forum Posts: 556

What do I need to know/beware of starting college ?

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

beware of dropping out..............

DystopianMelody
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 9th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 1391

Just got my cards. I predict a riot.

BoFantastic
Thought Provoker
7awards
Joined 24th Apr 2014
Forum Posts: 333

What do I need to know about Australia? (it has been popping up in my life a lot right now) thank you for the reading.

poet Anonymous

What do I need to know about buying a house this year?

edead
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 9th Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 47

Madame Sosostris, famous clairvoyante,
Had a bad cold, nevertheless
Is known to be the wisest woman in Europe,
With a wicked pack of cards. Here, said she,
Is your card, the drowned Phoenician Sailor,
(Those are pearls that were his eyes. Look!)
Here is Belladonna, the Lady of the Rocks,
The lady of situations.
Here is the man with three staves, and here the Wheel,
And here is the one-eyed merchant, and this card
Which is blank, is something he carries on his back,
Which I am forbidden to see. I do not find
The Hanged Man. Fear death by water.
I see crowds of people, walking round in a ring.
Thank you. If you see dear Mrs. Equitone,
Tell her I bring the horoscope myself:
One must be so careful these days.

Unreal City,
Under the brown fog of a winter dawn....
T.S. Eliot
The Wasteland

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

I have owned the "Mythic Tarot" for some years now.  Twas handed down to me (mentioned before on the DU)
The true origins of the tarot are still not known for sure.

I do not believe life is preordained (for destiny comes from the choices we make, which we can alter if and when we choose) so I do not believe the future can be told and that divination is more for questions and answers about the here and now.

Just saying and only my opinion of course

(yeah, I know, the future is in every second ahead, but that would be nitpicking)

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5600

I'll toss in my opinion, from the God-and-Bible perspective, just to add another viewpoint for shits and giggles:

Personally, I believe that only God knows the future, and it's partly what Magdalena said about changing it ourselves by our thoughts and actions;  If the belief is, that God created all and knows all that's coming, then he can also change his mind, too, just like we can change our minds on things, make choices, etc.

What the future holds, is a blend of what God wants for us as well as what we want for us, meaning that it's ok to ask things of God, want things for ourselves, want a certain future for ourselves, etc., but the ultimate goal and endpoint for us all, is subject to change and tweakage along the way, based on our choices and wants, as they intertwine with those of God.

Every time something comes up, claiming to tell the future, a couple of Scripture passages come to mind:

Ecclesiastes 8:7
For he knoweth not that which shall be: for who can tell him when it shall be?

1 John 4:1-3
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

And I know that not everyone shares my beliefs and faith, but that, to me, says basically, that no one other than God knows the entire future, and all things should be tested up against the word of God. Example: If a medium is channeling a spirit, and someone asks that spirit to admit that Jesus is God, and it won't do it, then what?  Can you be sure that the spirit is speaking the truth, if only God knows the future?

Just some food for thought....

poet Anonymous

I got a spirit animal guide Tarot Deck so Hey!!!!!!  

vortexman
Dangerous Mind
United States 14awards
Joined 25th Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 1260

my Great Great Aunt Mary had a deck and predicted my Grandma would be a young widow.  Sure enough she later got married and her husband died in the mines...she even wrote a song about it.

https://familysearch.org/photos/stories/403721

https://familysearch.org/photos/stories/403590

Sotpaerrvae
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 2nd Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2

What do I need to know about the main conflict in my life right now?

seekingkate
kateA
Tyrant of Words
Australia 28awards
Joined 20th May 2014
Forum Posts: 2079

BoFantastic....Australia...the best place to live and visit...but guess I'm just bias.....
a land of many vistas....some of the people are a bit strange...lol....most of us have a wicked sense of humour...don't stick to the cities...go west young man...go west... but can understand if you want to stick close the water....great beaches...lots of sharks...no, i won't say anymore...it may scare you....lol....this is why i don't have a job with the Tourism Board... :)

seekingkate
kateA
Tyrant of Words
Australia 28awards
Joined 20th May 2014
Forum Posts: 2079

i've used many divination tools over the years...just enjoy them but don't live by them...we have free will and that can change our path in an instant.... :)

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16209

Personally I like surprises. But knowing the numbers to the next lotto draw would be nice.

Go to page:
Go to: