Social Experiment- Homosexuality.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
flower_child
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 22nd July 2014
Forum Posts: 16

I was trying to not comment at all on this thread until it died out, but it is actually for a college project.
I am supposed to choose a debatable subject, and conduct a social experiment.
I do assume there is a wide variety of people on this website, probably around 15-50 or so.
I need 100 replies in order for it to work, but it is due at the beginning of the school year (which is in two weeks) so I am just waiting for everyone's opinions!

P.S I was just going to write down how many people are pro-gay or anti-gay and use statements from here (with the author's permission of course).

Therefore, it is a social experiment! I am sorry- I really should have been more clear and I do understand it is an intimate subject. Noone is obligated to reply and I am extremely sorry if I offended ANYONE!

Awakenedsoul
Fire of Insight
United States 9awards
Joined 26th Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 41

This type of forum thread is part of the problem.  Our opinions in the end really has no bearing, only effect.  If we all did not form judgment (discussion) people would do exactly what they felt like doing.  If everyone was honest (unlikely) and could picture a life as such - NO judgement - we all would be different people today, god only knows what we would have done.  So this topic is basically bull, because the answers are tainted by the simple practices that we follow blindly day to day.  So my jaded answer is I am pro Love no matter the sex, quantity or color.  Either way have fun with the information, no matter how useless it really truly is.  I mean no disrespect when I say that, it is just another useless opinion.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
lilsouthernbelle
Fire of Insight
United States 3awards
Joined 25th May 2014
Forum Posts: 1

I must say Jack i whole hearted agree!! So well put. I hope many open their eyes n minds to each n every word

Belle

poet Anonymous

[quote-270974-Jack-Tex]
Roll cameras... 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, cue Capo Condottiero Jack Tex.

I, for one, accept gays as human beings but I don't like or hate them, they are what they are

Then why did you say this:
Re: Social Experiment- Homosexuality.
 Posted on: 22nd July 2014 4:53pm

I'm a fan of tuna helpers and I abhor peter puffers.  

Semper Fi,
Jack Tex
July 22, 014./  

Did you mean you like the term tuna helpers, but not the label   of peter puffers?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2400

flower_child said:I was trying to not comment at all on this thread until it died out, but it is actually for a college project.
I am supposed to choose a debatable subject, and conduct a social experiment.
I do assume there is a wide variety of people on this website, probably around 15-50 or so.
I need 100 replies in order for it to work, but it is due at the beginning of the school year (which is in two weeks) so I am just waiting for everyone's opinions!

P.S I was just going to write down how many people are pro-gay or anti-gay and use statements from here (with the author's permission of course).

Therefore, it is a social experiment! I am sorry- I really should have been more clear and I do understand it is an intimate subject. Noone is obligated to reply and I am extremely sorry if I offended ANYONE!

I figured it was a "college experiment". However, this subject would get you an F if I were the Professor. I would not even read it. Especially knowing it was almost conducted on a poetry website. Debate certain genre of poetry, not sexual preference. Be original, especially when in college. There are so many other things out there that you could debate. Why is it always the same old shit? Good Luck to you. Im not offended, Im just sighing at how non original youth can be today. Just my opinion. I could have kept going on this, however, what would be the point? Enjoy the day my friends. :)

flower_child
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 22nd July 2014
Forum Posts: 16

There was a list of subjects, actually. All the better subjects were taken, so I took this one so I didn't have to write a paper on gun rights or something.
As I am not in a place where I can just stand on the street and ask random people (which was not part of the experiment, it was to do an online-type of thing).
I'm just following the professor's instructions!

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6672

Flower -

I think perhaps the method of you receiving the replies and recording the data is slightly too open-ended. A thread where you gave the choice of 'pro-gay', 'anti-gay' or 'other' would have been better. Also limiting any reply to less than 100 words or some similar would have definitely have helped for such a place as DU. It seems that although we are poets, we are not always economical or short and sweet with our words.
The problem with all social experiments is quite simply society and people: they are variables too erratic to keep the experiment true. Though limiting the experiment leads to it being unnatural and inhuman so bang would go society!

Jack -

I am starting to wonder if you have stolen some of soul or some of my clones... Either way you have piqued my interest, and I enjoy your rants/raves. My personal favourite for arguments, not necessarily winning them, is 'reductio ad absurdum' as it allows for the use of sarcasm. The internet and anglo-american issues however mean the sarcasm does not always work though. Rumour has it that Americans generally do not understand sarcasm, I mean really, as if it wasn't a plain and simple thing!

Madi -

Methinks you are not that suprised by the revelation. Though do your words mean you have grown up in a culture accustomed to homosexuality so that it is therefore not a hot topic as some people find it? As for myself, I've been exposed to far more questionable people than questionable sexualities, though what that says about society is probably useless.

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012

flower_child said:There was a list of subjects, actually. All the better subjects were taken, so I took this one so I didn't have to write a paper on gun rights or something.
As I am not in a place where I can just stand on the street and ask random people (which was not part of the experiment, it was to do an online-type of thing).
I'm just following the professor's instructions!

OMG! You passed up the opportunity to write about gun rights!???!

And to the whole standing on the street and asking strangers  yadda yadda....one word RESEARCH lovely flower...think about it honey...

I could go on for years about gun rights, just PM me.

Waterviolet
Fire of Insight
Canada 4awards
Joined 14th Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 628

U americans shouldent be allowed cap guns nivermind actual guns with amunition
So fuckin typical u make me sick i hope u shoot each other until there is nothing left
But a pile of wana be zombie apocalipse pieces

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012

Waterviolet said:U americans shouldent be allowed cap guns nivermind actual guns with amunition
So fuckin typical u make me sick i hope u shoot each other until there is nothing left
But a pile of wana be zombie apocalipse pieces

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

m_abbott1999
Madi
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 2nd Dec 2013
Forum Posts: 509

God help the person who takes away my Derringer. Lord help them.
Anyways, this is gay rights, not gun rights.
Do we give gays guns? That sounds like something no one would dare address as a separate issue when reviewing their gun laws- if gays can have guns, why can't they have dainty wedding bands?

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012

[quote-271052-m_abbott1999
Do we give gays guns? [/quote]

I was waiting for this. I agree it was about sexual preference.  so what say you?

Go to page:
Go to: