Forum Posts: 2

The tingles rule the world, man. The tingles rule the world

bootselectric
Being
Thought Provoker
Canada
Joined 18th June 2011
Forum Posts: 216

haha it would seem, but it's still an "embarrassing" topic for some. A good whisper/soft speaker will send me into a nod...

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

asmr is being used in "false memory implant studies" as well.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2003/dec/04/science.research1

eye witness testimony in a court of law may soon be obsolete.....

DarknessIsNear
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 7th May 2014
Forum Posts: 2

It's true that it's an embarrassing topic for some. I think it's because most people are uncomfortable talking about when they're going to sleep or something like that. Same here. It's amazing. If it weren't for asmr, I'd be getting like no sleep at all.

Waterviolet
Fire of Insight
Canada 4awards
Joined 14th Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 628

I read the link and still doent rilly understand what this is can someone clarify a bit for me please

bootselectric
Being
Thought Provoker
Canada
Joined 18th June 2011

basically it's just things that create a sensation in the brain,easily described as a tingly sensation. Not everyone experiences it, but it's also used to relax and induce sleep. It certainly is a community these days, and I know myself it has a grabbing effect if I'm triggered well. It works like an orgasm, but is most certainly not sexual, except when there's cleavage.

bootselectric
Being
Thought Provoker
Canada
Joined 18th June 2011

Johnrot: That, right there, is a uncomfortable, yet inevitably true and obvious technique. People are impressionable like that, but it definitely rubs me the wrong way to mess w/ a person like that.

TheFutureEmbrace
Twisted Dreamer
United Kingdom
Joined 11th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 15

I watch a lot of instructional massage videos on youtube, and even though I'm actually interested in massage and learning the techniques they often send me to sleep. I think ASMR is kind of the same as biofeedback, wherein the reason these massage videos make me drowsy is because my muscles are almost mimicking the feeling of the touch. Kind of the way you sing a song in your head but you aren't actually hearing it? That's my (probably wrong) interpretation of it anyway.

It has become something of a small online phenomenon I think, and anything that makes people feel good and happy is fine by me.

Page:
Go to: