Go to page:

It's been a long time.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5594

Jestalessa said:[quote-270279-MadameLavender][quote-270250-Jestalessa]hi there...

i believe this post would be under General Chat if it were an available forum post category, but it isn't at the moment. if you'd like to PM your old besties to welcome you back, that would probably be the thing to do... or start an actual discussion in the Discuss category. they'd find you. [:

Isn't that where we are--in the Discussion category?  Perhaps a "Welcome Back" sticky thread right under the "Introduce Yourself" thread in "Poetry Workshop", would be in order, so that there's a general place for people to pop back in and make their presence known after an absence?

(And welcome back, guys!)
[/quote]

Yes, sorry, maybe I wasn't quite clear about what I meant. If you look at the description for the "discuss" category, it asks for a more particular type of discussion than re-introductions and general chatty topics, that's all. I was trying to say that if you make your presence re-known by starting one of those types of discussions in this category, or maybe a competition in the appropriate category, one's old friends might find them naturally. I really meant no disrespect, just trying to re-rail this forum train. A sticky thread would be perfect. Welcome back, OP. [:[/quote]

Oh ok--I wasn't meaning to come across as if I thought you were being disrespectful--I think that with General Chat being unavailable, "here" is where it's probably the closest place to General that is available, and I could have been having a brain fart, too--it happens a lot lately!  Or another thought, is we could retitle the "Introduce Yourself" thread to something like "Introductions, Re-Introductions:  Hello's and Welcome Back's"  rather than have 2 separate threads.  Maybe one would be better, for all the "hello's" regardless if they're new or returns?

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 261

Moderation at work. Trivialities minimized and shooed away.

Go to page:
Go to: