Go to page:

why on earth do you call DU home?

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

Somebody who pushes open the door labeled "Deep Underground", has found his door.

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2400

lightbaron said:ehhh...

What about this place keeps you?

I keep coming back because here I am NOT afraid to be ME!  

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

There is definitely something mysterious about the DUP green padded velour walls. I often think this is like some strange social experiment...

I can imagine a young psych student sitting in a bar with her friends being asked the question, "so what are you going to do, webmistress, now that you've graduated?"

The webmistress replied, "I'm going to stick a bunch of poets in a room with no windows and see what happens."

We're all willing guinea pigs in this green room. We're all rediscovering, learning about ourselves, our passion and our creative talents. We're finding that missing something in our lives... but why does Alexander Case call Deep Underground home?

I found this place whilst looking for a better poetry website. I immediately fell in love with the website's platform. I've seen a lot of poetry sites now and DUP is by far the best user friendly setup.

The next thing I noticed about the website was how supportive the poets were to my writing and to each other, which was a major thing for a part-time closet poet of 16 years. Then I copped my first actual critique from Atakti [on one of my best poems at the time] and I was like, "what the fuck? Who the fuck... damn, this chick can write." I realised that not only had I found a place where people dug my poetry, but these people cared enough about poetry and about DUP that they wanted their fellow poets to grow. Also, I think Deep Underground is a potent little poetry group, with a very diverse, unique and most talented bunch poets I've seen online.

Have you ever had that feeling when you're driving to work and you think? Fuck! I don't want to do this for the rest of my life! I've frequently have this happen to me since I've joined DUP... like every Monday... followed by most Tuesdays... and then every second Wednesday. This place made me realise that I need to be creative in my life. That's why I keep coming back here. This place planted a seed in my mind.

Thanks LB for asking DUP the question. It's an interesting read.

seekingkate
kateA
Tyrant of Words
Australia 28awards
Joined 20th May 2014
Forum Posts: 2079

I had 2 erotic poems + 2 erotic stories I wanted read & critiqued.  I googled and DUP came up and the rest is history.  I try to limit my time on site but it's not been successful. I like to write, I like people to read what I write & to comment.  I like constructive feedback because I want to learn.  I belong to a writers group in my area + attend monthly writers workshops. Since joining DUP I feel my work has grown & improved but I still have a long way to go.  At times I don't feel comfortable critiquing as I don't feel I'm experienced enough but hopefully just letting someone know you like what they've written for whatever reason is enough to spur them on to reach greater heights. I know it does for me.  :)

Go to page:
Go to: