Go to page:

why on earth do you call DU home?

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5594

I think this place found me, rather than me finding it....and my writing has vastly improved, I think, since being here, though I never claimed to be a writer or had any formal courses/training in it.  Call it fate, karma, divine appointment--whatever, but here is where I'm supposed to be right now in life.

War-Kid
Nicholas-Spock
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 12th May 2014
Forum Posts: 9

well... I don't call DUP home. DUP is mainly for people who wish to visit poetry sites by phone, and people who write eroticas. I visit sometimes here, but mostly I hang around AP^_^

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16069

War-Kid said:well... I don't call DUP home. DUP is mainly for people who wish to visit poetry sites by phone, and people who write eroticas. I visit sometimes here, but mostly I hang around AP^_^

Well you have been here only a couple of month. But you are right too, for you. Just a place to hang around.:)

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 261

Why on earth would I?

jaspersilence
Fire of Insight
United States 7awards
Joined 12th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 708

I joined DUP as soon as it started crumbling(go fucking figure)...I feel it is in a stage of rebuilding,but I can say this...Through all of the immaturity, arrogance, creativity, difference...This is a good place to grow.If you keep a proper distance and don't get absorbed in the nonsense...Focus on your poetry..You can really blossom as a poet feeding off of a place like this.

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

this is the longest relationship i've ever had...

can't ghost now....

PsychicApocalypse
Darker Half
Dangerous Mind
Belize 30awards
Joined 5th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 1483

its frankly simple.

I can write ... pieces which i didn't know I could, but knew that i some how had it in me. What makes it an internet home to me is the fact that my Pieces are accepted with open arms. A first for me, due to the type of writing I've found myself producing.

The acceptance, the talent and friendliness of others (or those whom I talked to)is more than what i get from people that are around me.

m_abbott1999
Madi
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 2nd Dec 2013
Forum Posts: 509

It's a different kind of crazy here. I like it.

RavenofSorrow
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 19th Jan 2011
Forum Posts: 453

It's better than any other poetry sites out there.. I've / tried a few.. they make u comment on a couple poems  before you can put one up. And there's more limitations on what u can write. I feel more of a group vibe from this site like Bern part of a family to put it in a cheesy way..

AscensionES
Aptilneilrionaltion
Dangerous Mind
Australia 9awards
Joined 22nd Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 1797

RavenofSorrow said:It's better than any other poetry sites out there.. I've / tried a few.. they make u comment on a couple poems  before you can put one up. And there's more limitations on what u can write. I feel more of a group vibe from this site like Bern part of a family to put it in a cheesy way..

I personally believe there should be a three comment limit before you can post a poem or start a thread. And those comments should be of substance and critical thought.

Although, we're far too lazy for that.

poet Anonymous

johnrot said:this is the longest relationship i've ever had...

can't ghost now....

sorry, just made me giggle.

dartford
Paul S...
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 29awards
Joined 13th June 2013
Forum Posts: 249

home is where your art is..:)

although, if I'm serious for a moment,
I can't imagine now not posting here,
and yes, it does feel like writing home...

vortexman
Dangerous Mind
United States 14awards
Joined 25th Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 1260

never call anywhere HOME I'm alien to my own body hehehe

walkin....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walk-in

had an accident hit by a car passed out...when i awoke felt and wrote different TRUE Story!

DystopianMelody
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 9th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 1391

I think DU is too much like home now, I barely go home these days either. But for some reason it's always in the back of my mind, when I'm drunk, sad, hyper, or at work my mind drifts to this place a little too often. If I could figure out why I'd tell you. It's where I learned how to write, where I first tried something completely new and where I was encouraged to try more and more different things that eventually led to feeling like my eyes were opened for the first time. I'm not sure if any of that makes sense but it's some of the reasons why this place will be special to me for a long time. Even if I can't be here as often as I want.

Go to page:
Go to: