Go to page:

Does a/multiple god(s) exist?

BoFantastic
Thought Provoker
7awards
Joined 24th Apr 2014
Forum Posts: 333

It all come down to understanding the difference between believing and knowing. Knowledge is power, but believing is powerful. You can know that God exists, you can even feel Her beating in your Heart and you can even hear Her voice in your ear. But if you don't believe Her she has no meaning or value to you.

m_rc_2
Strange Creature
Joined 23rd June 2014
Forum Posts: 1

when people think of "god" they usually think of an all knowing being with infinite wisdom and such. i've been thinking recently that what if god wasn't a good guy, but rather quite a bad one; if you don't follow his rules and do what he wants, you go to hell. for all we know god could be the equivalent of an all powerful thirteen year old boy and a bossy one at that. I'm not saying that if there is a god that this is the case, I'm just giving another perspective

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1873

Multiple Gods are like multiple orgasms; I can't believe in anything I can't relate too.  So all that's needed for me to convert, is make me cum over and over, till it hurts.

Atakti
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 1st Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 3273

Cower, mortals!! How dare you question?

Well, that's the thing. How can we imagine a sentient, greater being without any frame of reference except ourselves?

There is a theory that humans possess divine powers but just need to unlearn some egotistical mental processes to access them. I suppose it is possible — why not? How does that theory taste? Suck on that for a bit, see how many icks or mmm's come up.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

kissofthedevil said:We as humans can only assume that a god does exit while on the other hand we can assume that he doesn't exist. We can also assume that there are multiple gods that do exist. But with all of the possibilities in the world who knows who is right. That's what I think of it.

And so many act upon assumptions without fact... No one knows either way for a fact. There has been so much hate and suffering etc because of "God"s. People are stupid.

Atakti
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 1st Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 3273

Magdalena said:People are stupid.

Yep, easily proved, too.

Waterviolet
Fire of Insight
Canada 4awards
Joined 14th Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 628

Ya we are bult in gods immage so what does that say
Daaaaahuuuk

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6700

Waterviolet said:Ya we are bult in gods immage so what does that say
Daaaaahuuuk

That perhaps it is more that god/gods is/are built in our image.

fieryangelsouljia
M6rr6g6n
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 30th Nov 2011
Forum Posts: 263

uhm, well i believe that nobody is right and nobody is wrong when it comes to monotheism or polytheism. i believe there is one central force where everything gets its energy and "essence" and i also believe that there are multiple deities that have transcended physical form and get their energy and strength from this central energy. i'm more of a Wiccan/New Age Spiritualist, but im neither right or wrong, i can only assume when it comes to mono and polytheism and follow one rule: DONT FOLLOW THE MASSES. what does your inner voice tell you is worth believing? the possibilities are infinite. explore and have fun :)

LizB
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 19th Jan 2014
Forum Posts: 65

This is a really touchy subject my friend. We'll find out if I see any of you in hell (because I'm definitely not going to heaven after telling God to fuck off so much). I guess it's in our nature to ask questions like these even though we may never find a definitive answer. It's like asking if aliens or mermaids exist, you really don't know if it's just a myth or reality. Hearing stories from heathen friends who worship Loki makes me wonder because they believe he is present in their everyday lives. There's always going to be that debate if he exists or not. Maybe some people need to live with structure like that in their lives.

m_abbott1999
Madi
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 2nd Dec 2013
Forum Posts: 509

Waterviolet said:Ya we are bult in gods immage so what does that say
Daaaaahuuuk

That says he/she/they oughta be a funny looking thing....

BleedingSpectre333
Eden
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 5th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 63

Who's to say, but one thing is clear. Something does not exist simply because no one can disprove it. For example, if you say you believe in a god and he is real just because no one can prove otherwise. If you do that then I can say a transdimentional god-eating space goat is real and ate your god because you cant disprove it. Please don't use logical fallacies for an argument. Especially on the internet.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
lightbaron
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 19th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 2374

No nothing is true, but everything is permitted. One god, two god, me god four...all acceptable but none universally true

Go to page:
Go to: