Page:

Nirvana RHOF Induction

bootselectric
Being
Thought Provoker
Canada
Joined 18th June 2011
Forum Posts: 216

A place to discuss their recent induction, discuss Nirvana in general, and talk about why this video brings tears to the eyes of Nirvana fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9nT6mUMzE0

jaspersilence
Fire of Insight
United States 7awards
Joined 12th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 708

It weighs heavy on my heart even to this very day...Kurt's "I don't care" style spread so fast,it became unoriginal even faster.The music had so much power for being so easy to play,only because of his songwriting skills.Although I'm sure he wanted to reach people he never expected to gain so much fame.You can't really find much on the meanings of his songs because everyone interpreted them in their own way,but no one really could relate to what he was trying to express.In my opinion,this was the main reason for his suicide.Imagine screaming at the world for mercy and the whole world screaming back with promises of understanding and positive change...but realizing that it never really comprehended what you were saying.Hit after hit,Nirvanna single handedly brought down the empire of big hair thrash pop rock,only for the fans to cut their hair,throw on a flannel,and take off the make up,to start another empire.Kurt saw this cycle so well,and knew there was no way to stop it.And on it goes today...I'd spend my riches on mind numbing drugs as well if I was as successful and the music ran out of relevance.He'd be alive today if he never would have signed that record deal.but you can't blame him for hoping to be heard and understood,for a bit of peace of mind.

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

well deserved....

bootselectric
Being
Thought Provoker
Canada
Joined 18th June 2011

I couldn't have said it more perfectly JasperSilence. And his last form of protest has idolized him, w/ most still unable or unwilling to get what would push someone that far. But his own personal issues are usually used to further beat up a dead man. A man who tried to quiet the bullies so others could speak. He inspires me to this day for that. And even though I was 4 when he died, him, more than any other artist, I've always felt my heart break when seeing him or things like the RHOF video.

On a side note I did not care for Joan Jetts performance. But perhaps I'm nitpicking

jaqp
Azazel
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 14th Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 11

I've been listening to Nirvana a lot more than usual for the past two weeks, and it makes me sad.  Kurt was such a sensitive soul, and seeing how Courtney changed him is awful. I wish I could tell him how important he was, even 20 years after his death.  He has influenced so many people, and his life always be a bittersweet moment in music.  Seeing he and his band inducted into the RnR Hall of Fame makes me incredibly happy.

Gabby_66
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 16th Apr 2014
Forum Posts: 2

I honestly believe in the Courtney Conspiracy. If anyone watched the documentary based on Kurt Cobain's death all signs point to her... I mean they don't have the right evidence to convict her but its obvious it was her, she never loved him. The only reason she was with Kurt was for the publicity for herself. His "suicide" letter had two different hand writings , there had been people Courtney had asked to kill Kurt Cobain and also when being called about Kurt's death she said "At least it'd be good for the publicity for her band" ... I mean I know Kurt hated people and had many suicidal thoughts but does it make sense that he would do it at the rising point of his career and during the life of his daughter?

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

he was a self hating drug addict who didnt like anything....this is what he always wanted.

to be talked about but not have to listen.....

i'm sure C love is somehow responsible but give the nigga some peace.........

bootselectric
Being
Thought Provoker
Canada
Joined 18th June 2011

right on. don't fall down a rabbit hole, he was just an artist

Page:
Go to: