Go to page:

I'd like some feedback on these two poems about my addiction

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 2483

Doctors in California prescribed MJ to a quadraplegic patient who was my former wife's patient. He grows them inside his garage and in his backyard. I was asked to redesign the lighting and power needs as the circuit breaker was always tripping. I would say raw, herbal medicine is better than anything else processed.

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 2483

OOOPs, sorry I did not see the first page until now...by the way listen to the pillars of DUP like LEP, they know better! Try to experiment on other forms of poetry until you feel comfortable with one form, then build up on it. Your poem is full of raw emotion based on real experience which I believe is better done in free verse than rhyme...just saying. Keep on writing and believe me, you will get the hang of it! I'm speaking from experience; I started writing poems three years ago and I'm still in the process of learning.

poet Anonymous

I don't need any scientific data to tell me how it made me feel; there were reasons that it was and still is, in most cases, illegal.  Nope, no laced herb back then, just home grown.  I am an addict, and I've hidden it long enough.  I am proud of my recovery, because it is fuckin' hard to not partake in a mind-altering substance to chill and forget the day or life's woes.  Those still smoking are lucky, because it is much harder dealing with life straight.  And back to the pieces above, it was fun, for a while.  I do think about it all of the time.  Sean, how do you really feel?  Seriously, great feedback.  I miss getting lit so much.

Austin_Rura
Austin Rura
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 6th Dec 2013
Forum Posts: 327

Man I'm not trying to take anything away from you, and overcoming mental addiction is a great thing to be proud that you did for yourself,... but facts are facts. It's not a PHYSICAL addiction and the substance does not deserve to be schedule 1. As well those who do smoke should not feel any worse than one who takes up alcohol or cigarettes. In fact marijuana doesnt lead to drunk driving or nicotene addiction(which is very VERY physical which is why i dont smoke cigs) so therefor people if not the stoners themselves should feel better about the subject with that fact. i will say however that it can be just as mentally demanding as a physical addiction is physically demanding for SOME people to get over the mental barrier that requires serenity... and simply not partake. have you ever been on probation where you had to quit or go to jail? it doesnt seem like that fucking much of a big deal then let me tell you. but back to the serenity thing... i dont eat meat for example... i still think it fuckin tastes good, but i personally don't want it in my body for personal moral and semi religious reasons so ive disciplined myself to go without cold turkey (pun most definitely not intended in fact i apologize for it). permanently. for the rest of my days on this earth and if i do ever partake in flesh again i will have lost all respect i once had for myself. which is truly difficult living in pennsylvania where if you didnt grow up skinning deer you were probably too lazy or a nerd. meat however is not a human beings only source of nutritional satisfaction just as marijuana is not a persons only way to pursue happiness. but just as PETA hasnt made meat illegal and children around the country are free to endulge in the infamous MCRIBB so should those who enjoy a simple nonphysically addictive plant with very minor psychoactive effects be allowed to sit down peacefully, quietly and relax  

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 261

If penning those words got you out of a bad place, that counts more
than any cheers or jeers they prompted here.

Lost_Puppy
DanceOfTheMelancholy
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 30th Apr 2014
Forum Posts: 4

I like them... I like them because its not a bunch of nonsense rhymes thrown together...

dismembered_bunnie
SoiledEnigma
Strange Creature
Joined 17th June 2014
Forum Posts: 2

I like this, being a recovered addict (no one ever recovers) this entire set reminds me of how things played out in my own head when I said enough is enough.

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

jaspersilence said:I'm actually glad the second was about weed...people think it's harmless,and although it really doesn't brutally affect you,over time it changes you into an idiot...It's the only drug that immediately attacks the mental,and that is everything you are...The world doesn't need a bunch of highed up hippie morons running around laughing at an ant carrying a leaf.

seriously jasper?

i'm not a full force marijuana advocate but to single out cannibis like it does not have any other positive properties is just ignorant. it is not the only drug that degrades mental capacity.
i been smokin weed off and on for 20 yrs.
i graduated high school with honors.
i have a 3.9 gpa in college.
new studies say that the human brain grows until age 25.
personally i disagree.
always learn.
always grow.
the desire for knowledge can not be stopped by a certain sense of euphoria.
it only excells.

you wanna sit around and smoke and play the bongos, do you.
you wanna smoke and read about the theory of relativity,
or do both,even better......

enthusiasm to learn is way more powerful than the munchies....

and that is not all it does either. You imply that you minimize the negative effects of other intoxicants and demonize a chemical that has many other positive uses, away from recreational. You sound like an ignorant christian who wants to pick one thing and take a stand with, without doing research on all the other bad out there.caffeine,ephidrine,alcohol, don't feed that to babies either. if on the forefront of your opinion on drugs is marijuana,then i believe you should do some more research. i'm not suggesting 5 yr olds should smoke joints or it should not be regulated but crack doesn't enthuse apetite through chemo,does not prevent epileptic siezures in children,did not aid  in the great depression and in ww1.....

kids
stay in school
don't do drugs
but don't let someone tell you something with a biased opinion
who obviously had a bad time and is not fully informed tell you what is real.
don't believe me either.....
be smart.
do your own research.

no offense jasper just sayin........

poet Anonymous

I lyke your dialog youse kreated.  Dat's real! Don't never give up!  Beauty is in da eyes of da beholder.  Trewf!

ASK
Twisted Dreamer
Denmark 1awards
Joined 8th July 2014
Forum Posts: 7

Nice one, I like how you see it from both sides.

Go to page:
Go to: