Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

What is more impotant in a relationship:

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

the understanding that things die and that realization of separate goals is not deceit.......and sex...........

poet Anonymous

I didn't see trust as a choice for this vote.  However, I agree, if trust is violated, then understanding and compassion cannot be given, and if they are non-existent, women do not want sex.  And, perhaps some men won't either??   Real love includes trust, compassion, and understanding.

BigVirge
Big Virge
Fire of Insight
Barbados 1awards
Joined 15th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 329

A Pre-Nup !!!!!

How about ... "  Love " ... as it conquers all, apparently !!!!

I'mma seriously go with, " Overstanding " .... thus, recognising the beauty and the failings of your relationship, equally, as balance is ultimately what keeps things stable.

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6699

Well not sex as wish as hard as we might, we are but mortals and even the best horsepower needs time to rest and recharge.
Possibly compassion, but where is a relationship built on little more than helping. Could lead to needing problems to keep the lives alive.
Any relationship without affection is hardly a human one or worthwhile at that.
And although understanding is indeed important there are some people, either because of their past or simply their style, do not want to always be understood.

So I'll play the wildcard and say time. But then again better have it all, cake and kit to all eat.

owlspeaks
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 30th Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 4

Compassion, because all of the other things mentioned spring from it. It is the bond between everything living, including human relationships

kissofthedevil
Somebody Useless
Twisted Dreamer
United States 2awards
Joined 20th Nov 2012
Forum Posts: 33

Trust and understanding is the base to all relationships. When those are set then everything else will fall into place.

poet Anonymous

Trust, say those who have recently been served with a hit of recently been cheated on.  I didn't see the option for trust.  Anyway, the weird thing is that with trust, when it is broken, most people can somehow restore it and forgive over time.  Live a little more.

Madintellect
Mike stew
Fire of Insight
Canada 4awards
Joined 29th Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 232

Personally I think its trust... Because without it you got nothing

Madintellect
Mike stew
Fire of Insight
Canada 4awards
Joined 29th Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 232

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Bpoet
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 6th Apr 2014
Forum Posts: 1

Both compassion AND understanding

KittyFromHell
Dangerous Mind
United States 14awards
Joined 31st May 2013
Forum Posts: 654

I think its all important... along with trust. But to have and maintain all those things there must be good communication. To understand each other you must talk about issues and resolve them. To trust each other you must be truthful in what you say. To get affection you must both be willing to give and receive... putting in equal effort. To have the mind blowing sex you need to not be afraid to tell them what you fucking want. So I think communication is the most important... otherwise you have misunderstandings and other such problems. That's my two cents...

Satyr
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 20th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 59

I picked understanding because there was no option for friendship. Friendship should be the building block for any relationship, whether it be intimate or not. Without having a common ground for any form ov a relationship, everything almost becomes a lie.

At least, that's my theory.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14458

I'd have liked to have seen the option for 'Partner of the opposite sex' ..cos lets face it, that's kind of important too, without getting biblical or anything. And yes, I totally concede that there is gayness out there, but that's all fun and games, an unfortunate by-product of watching Will and Grace backwards. What we're talking about here is 'more important' so, yeah, I nominate partner of the opposite sex  

busty40
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 15th Apr 2014

Sex

L-O-W
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 24th Mar 2014

It is all important.