Page:

Benjamin Franklin

Moonlite_nthe_Dark
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 8th Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 18

I'm doing a paper on Benjamin Franklin and how he impacted American History for class and need help. I'm stuck with how to start off the paper. From what I read on him, he traveled a lot, was charismatic, dabbled in a variety of fields from science to politics. But with him traveling a lot, for political purposes, i'm not sure how to order the events by time or place and am at a standstill for how to start off the paper

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1873

Ben was way to big a person for anyone paper.  If this is for a college paper, I suggest you do a historical social profile of the man.  That's a fancy way of saying the 'history of his personal life.'  His prowess as a lover of women was legendary, but it also resulted in personal turmoil.  But you do understand what made the guy tic.

ZexionKingdomHeart
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 11th June 2013
Forum Posts: 322

First off, let me say, that the Admins or some of members may not sit well with this being posted, but I will help you, nonetheless.

To place his travels of political importance, it is best to give them their own section and place them within chronological order. Then in the last few sentences, write the most important date in his political career and write about its circumstances, etc. (I'm not sure what your teacher is looking for but this is what I did when I wrote about Benjamin Franklin last year for a research paper.)

7th_son
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 19th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 292

if you want to light a fire with your paper you can question why all correspondence between benjamin franklin and adam weishaupt are redacted in the library of congress..

Moonlite_nthe_Dark
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 8th Mar 2014

It's for high school American History I, she wants us to "introduce your person and their life, career, and contributions to American History." I have information on his life yet his career is complex, and there's many contributions to American History he made besides his part in the making of the Constitution. The main places it seems he's gone are France, Britain, Philadelphia, and Pennsylvania, traveling between them in different times in his life. But they all have something to do with American History, be it on the state scale or impacting the country at the time.

Moonlite_nthe_Dark
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 8th Mar 2014

Though with the admin I thought would be able to post this since it said anything idk this is only the 2nd thread I've made and a first of being involved in a forum

ZexionKingdomHeart
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 11th June 2013
Forum Posts: 322

I understand...I was just warning you as there may be an admin or someone in general, who will say something along the lines of, "oh this isn't poetry talk...etc." But you know... Anyway, the main thing with historical research papers is to make sure EVERYTHING is in chronological order.

Astyanax
Ceejay
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 23rd Feb 2010
Forum Posts: 748

Moonlite_nthe_Dark said:I'm doing a paper on Benjamin Franklin and how he impacted American History for class and need help. I'm stuck with how to start off the paper.
How about, 'Once upon a time...'?

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 2483

Astyanax said:[quote-257681-Moonlite_nthe_Dark]I'm doing a paper on Benjamin Franklin and how he impacted American History for class and need help. I'm stuck with how to start off the paper.
How about, 'Once upon a time...'?[/quote]

Ceejay, that puts moonlight in total darkness...c'mon!

souladareatease
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 28th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 5085

I'd suggest with his Youth...working the Printing Press and the aspects learning that trade...how it affected his future endeavors.

Moonlite_nthe_Dark
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 8th Mar 2014

Lol and thank you all for your input. It has been a great help

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 261

He was a rake

atarliss
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 19th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 70

I'd start out with an excerpt or an exciting moment, then go back and start from the beginning.
Example:

Thunder rolled across the sky, and rain splashed on Ben's spectacles as he stared up at the tiny paper kite jerking and twitching in the furious wind. Crack! Lightning flashed, and Ben stiffened in horrified awe as he watched a thin line of fire skim down the string. Just before it touched his fingertips, it impacted the tiny silver key he'd fastened above his hands. The key sparked for a second, then went still. Ben grinned as he reeled in the kite, thinking back over the many events that led to this moment.

Benjamin Franklin was born in 1706....

Hope this helps!

DystopianMelody
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 9th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 1391

First of write Benjamin franklin at the top of the page
the just underneath that in brackets write
(C.ash R.ules E.verything A.round M.e)
Su Wu

Page: