Go to page:

cool metal heads

maggot1148
Conqueror Worm
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 19th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 16

I love you baby, but all I can think about is Kielbasa sausage your butt cheeks is warm.

Awakenedsoul
Fire of Insight
United States 9awards
Joined 26th Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 41

The band are who they are, genre was created for organizational reasons. No matter how you define them, either you are a fan or your not.  To answer the question anyway, Yes metal, heavy metal, thrash metal....what ever metal you want to say it is most definitely metal.

poet Anonymous

maggot1148 said:I love you baby, but all I can think about is Kielbasa sausage your butt cheeks is warm.

COCK PUSH UPS

APERSON
Eris
Fire of Insight
United States 1awards
Joined 24th Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 1082

I'm not sure about the whole genre thing, I always say I like punk rock and post punk, but labels always get a bit twisted around everyone has a different thought pop up when a word is said...

...and on the discussion of screamo it honestly depends on who's screaming, some singers can actually remain a constant thick voice, wich I personally like,others just go all high pitch and I kind of hate that, It's hard to find many "screamo" bands that I like, most keep the same tone through out, in my head there should be a bit of difference when singing about an ex girlfriend and people starving to death on the street...

TLIFD
Rope
Thought Provoker
2awards
Joined 17th Dec 2011
Forum Posts: 232

APERSON said:I'm not sure about the whole genre thing, I always say I like punk rock and post punk, but labels always get a bit twisted around everyone has a different thought pop up when a word is said...

...and on the discussion of screamo it honestly depends on who's screaming, some singers can actually remain a constant thick voice, wich I personally like,others just go all high pitch and I kind of hate that, It's hard to find many "screamo" bands that I like, most keep the same tone through out, in my head there should be a bit of difference when singing about an ex girlfriend and people starving to death on the street...

yeah their are decent bands in the screamo genre and their are not , as you would find in any other genera.I would have loved for you to have used some band names to elaborate some of your points

TLIFD
Rope
Thought Provoker
2awards
Joined 17th Dec 2011
Forum Posts: 232

Miss_Sub said:[quote-257158-maggot1148]I love you baby, but all I can think about is Kielbasa sausage your butt cheeks is warm.

COCK PUSH UPS[/quote]

lol

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
APERSON
Eris
Fire of Insight
United States 1awards
Joined 24th Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 1082

TLIFD said:[quote-257253-APERSON]I'm not sure about the whole genre thing, I always say I like punk rock and post punk, but labels always get a bit twisted around everyone has a different thought pop up when a word is said...

yeah their are decent bands in the screamo genre and their are not , as you would find in any other genera.I would have loved for you to have used some band names to elaborate some of your points [/quote]

well... the song from Good Riddance "West End Memorial" is kind of an example of "screams" sounding "attractive" to me, what the band usually makes is the sort of "type" of music I have been listening to a lot, and I'm not sure why but I like the band Leftover Crack, the singer has a less than preferable voice but they still make it sound a lot more emotional?...
Killing Joke also manages a good scream in some songs most of their stuff is bit all over the place, can't really give an example song with them...but again I don't think any of them are anywhere near "metal", but I wish there was a "harder" type of music that had that sort of, somehow more passionate tone?
...don't know maybe I'm crazy but the guys I listed seem way more emotional? than what most consider "screamo" or "metal"....guess I like really loud yelling not screaming?...lol...

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

i like this new hell pop ish.....this girl is so hot....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GurkREc-q4I

Angel_Of_Darkness
Rune L
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 22nd Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 608

So what if screamo and heavy metal were to join forces? Anyone think it'd sound any good if, say, Pierce the Veil and Avenged Sevenfold, tried doing a collaboration? And would you guys consider the band Saosin to be screamo? I'm sure none of you have heard of Saosin, so here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJqGKVbWAMM

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012

don't be an elitist dude.....saosin does'nt even sound like that anymore ....they have tried to be way heavier since that album and it doesn't fit as far as i'm concerned.....but i like this from that album....thanx for reminding me of them....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZF5m-vmDzM

Angel_Of_Darkness
Rune L
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 22nd Feb 2013

johnrot said:don't be an elitist dude.....saosin does'nt even sound like that anymore ....they have tried to be way heavier since that album and it doesn't fit as far as i'm concerned.....but i like this from that album....thanx for reminding me of them....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZF5m-vmDzM

If you guys have heard of Saosin, maybe there is hope for this world. I've surveyed half my school, and none of them have, so I just assumed... no lectures, please, on why we shouldn't assume things. I've heard them all before, because I assume way too much!

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012

not preachin......jus sayin find your people.....

this is some love metal as far as im concerned...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O45r03oF-UQ

AscensionES
Aptilneilrionaltion
Dangerous Mind
Australia 9awards
Joined 22nd Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 1797

TLIFD said:Note you can still answer previous questions that has been asked.
The show must move on.
What are your opinions of the screamo movement in metal?  

The epitome of shit.

Angel_Of_Darkness
Rune L
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 22nd Feb 2013

Screamo and metal are two totally different genres, there is very little that links the two together. The commonalities essentially stop at they both consist of electric guitars, drums, and a vocalist, and occasionally additional instruments. And let's face it, if every song that consisted of electric guitars, drums, a vocalist and other additional instruments screamo or metal, that's calling 98% of country, half of Santana, and Hot Chelle Rae screamo or metal. I think that to a degree, we can agree that screamo is not a subgenre of metal, rather, it is a subgenre of rock.

Go to page:
Go to: