Go to page:

Otherkin

poet Anonymous

MrAlptraum said:Oh hairy god. Someone send in some realists, ffs. :)

If your realism contains "hairy gods" we're all doomed.

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6672

Miss_Sub said:[quote-256801-MrAlptraum]Oh hairy god. Someone send in some realists, ffs. :)

If your realism contains "hairy gods" we're all doomed. [/quote]

You rang?

So for those of you still not in the know, 'Otherkin' refers to people who believe themselves to not be entirely human and that because of some abilities, such as reistance to disease or being allergic to modern technology, they are not human.

Which is a bit lacking. Why claim to not be human yet have a name that promotes a divide yet also a society. 'Other' to humans but 'kin' to each other: the underlying concept of all human society and even animal society. Basically my point is why join in with others and their beliefs when it is simple enough to build your own; all the ingredients and mythology are there. Says the guy who hasn't quite done that and hides behind a mask.

One argument for/against or just to confuse things is that of solipsism: there is only my mind and everything else is an incredible fabrication of it. That way I really am just talking to myself.

What is with this thing of trying not to be human, as if anyone has successfully truly been a human. So therefore we are all non-human and stardust as Craic said.

Personally it seems some people have too much time on their hands to create fantasy yet never build in reality. Though I suppose floating in the clouds and dreams keeps you out of trouble on the land.

Thought for the day: it seems to be a rather mad world when you look at it but some things just cannot go wrong, like a cup of tea.

poet Anonymous

... unless it's made by a leper

JohnFeddeler
Tyrant of Words
United States 83awards
Joined 18th Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 325

Being here in the underground, or anywhere on the internet, for that matter, is in itself an out-of-body experience.

are we not all a little peculiar for participating in this space odyssey endeavor?

maybe this is the 'long strange trip' the Grateful Dead were referring to.

(or maybe it's just me)...

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

halfeye,
pareidolia, baby and that's also
another nervous truth
i hope looks like a lie

i am my own ven diagram
the condition of my skin is negligible
the frame of my mind is in need of restoration
but damn fuck me if
that's not an original

head space

Astyanax
Ceejay
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 23rd Feb 2010
Forum Posts: 748

HarleyQuinn said:Hey DU
I'm just curious, are there any of you in here?

Speaking personally, no.

Pathospassion
c.d.latin
Thought Provoker
United States 8awards
Joined 1st Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 172

Otherkin is a description applicable to people who believe themselves to be partially or entirely non-human.This is explained by some members of the otherkin community as possible through reincarnation, having a nonhuman soul, ancestry, or symbolic metaphor. Not all otherkin necessarily share these beliefs; some may simply prefer to identify as non-human. I am not sure of specific identities other than Dragon, siren, and faerie...not sure what they mean

Go to page:
Go to: