Go to page:

Otherkin

poet Anonymous

Where is the spirit, Lepp? If not born of the body? and if they are not born of the body, that implies they are just roaming the Earth, not part of a body. Which contradicts the original point.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

ahh, I see you're not convinced. I think if you consider the body as being a  host for the spirit (perhaps spirit is a bad word, it sounds terribly religious ) then although the spirit is connected to the body, it has a kind of escape pod on standby for when the body eventually dies off.

"he's here in spirit"  someone's spirit can be quite noticeable at times, "in high spirits"  " It was so n so's spirit that kept us all sane"  so while spirit in itself might not be tangible as such, I think we definitely possess some kind of receptor that acknowledges said spirit.

and if that load of utter tripe convinces you, then I'll be very disapointed

poet Anonymous

Reading up on this 'Otherkin' stuff, a lot of people apparently believe that this has occurred from reincarnation. In terms of this definition, it just sounds like spirit connected to the body in this case. Then, like you mention, it depends on a person's definition of the word spirit, which of course is going to be different from the individual perspective.

At least you're not disappointed now.

poet Anonymous

I thought you guys would like this one...
I think there is also an alien component though
an E.T. being correlation or connection

I personally think we probably have many on DUP

but, I'm pretty paranoid and believe all conspiracies true before accepting what the politicians say
then I disregard it all and understand how I lost my mind
:-)

poet Anonymous

and why I don't want it back

poet Anonymous

I feel like we should all be sitting around a campfire in the dark, discussing this...

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

ah well reincarnation puts a whole new perspective on things. If one receives a spirit at birth or sooner then the spirit has to at some stage have gotten from host to host. again, it's not a new way of thinking by any means, Tibet's spiritual leader springs to mind here, he's been born and reborn for centuries.

then there's the people who are convinced that they've 'been here before' and have uncanny likenesses to a person who's been alive previously. I watched a chap on tv who was convinced he used to be Stonewall Jackson, had a scar in the same place and recounted memories from his previous life.

I'm not saying that there's anything solid about the idea of being reborn reincarnated. I s'pose if one was to invest in the theory of it all then 'being human' would certainly include having a spirit, so in effect would put the unhuman theory into disarray.

another point would be that although the theory of Otherkin might sound very fantastical, it's no more fantastical than a whole load of other religious and cult theories knocking around

poet Anonymous

In the case of 'stonewall Jackson' I think de ja vu is far more likely than the presence of a rogue spirit. If you're gonna talk about logic. I've had lots of episodes of de ja vu, but I suddenly didn't think 'wow I was such and such a person in another life'.

There's a difference between being spiritual and believing you are a spirit.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

well im a little less than human

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

I agree, there's a huge difference. The reason I brought up Tibet is that my understanding of it's leader includes the fact that before he dies he leaves clues to where he'll be reborn so his followers can find him and bring him home. I like the idea of that but it does flirt with the "I'm better than all y'all" kind of thinking although I admit that the philosophy involved encompasses all living things as reincarnations of human spirits.

de ja vu, yeah I've had some experience with that too. I think at one stage there was a large thread here discussing different experience and theories

I think that in some cases (Christendom) being spiritual would include holding spirits in high regard and of course the three ceremonies 'christening, communion and confirmation are carried out to allow the body to receive the Holy spirit into it. So while most Christians may not think they are spirits, they must surly believe that a spirit has entered them from the heavens  

it's all very confusing, my own personal belief is that we've the spirit (not a ghostly entity) of the whole universe inside us because we're made from stardust, so are in effect walking stars until we die then we simply mingle with the universe again until we help make up some other aspect of the living universe

poet Anonymous

anna, i remember loving you as a gremlin instantly!

poet Anonymous

lepperochan said:
it's all very confusing, my own personal belief is that we've the spirit (not a ghostly entity) of the whole universe inside us because we're made from stardust, so are in effect walking stars until we die then we simply mingle with the universe again until we help make up some other aspect of the living universe

Ah yes. Loose Pantheism. That's basically my belief as well in a nutshell.

MrAlptraum
Mr A
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 17awards
Joined 24th Dec 2011
Forum Posts: 1878

Oh hairy god. Someone send in some realists, ffs. :)

7th_son
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 19th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 292

gotta say no.. only 8 corners, 6 walls, 12 edges, and me in my box..

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

It is all subjective without factual proof.  Even when those who say "when you're dead you're dead and there is nothing" You have to be dead to know that... fact.

I have read a lot about a lot including case studies and such.  There are some things that even baffle scientists and they still cannot come back with a logical answer in regards to certain OBE cases and results of regression.  

This is the first time I have heard of "Otherkin" and there are a multitude of such groups out there with different names and I believe it all stems from a mental basis...  

I am a great believer in the power of the mind and what a person can accomplish if one knows how to make full use of that without allowing others to freely manipulate it.

Go to page:
Go to: