Go to page:

Ask The Person Below You A Question

Waterviolet
Fire of Insight
Canada 4awards
Joined 14th Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 628

No matter how shitty life seems its only gona get worse as u get older  and also legal aid is free until you are 18

Have you ever had a bad experience hitch hiking ?

poet Anonymous

yes, sure have
three bad ones and a good few nice experiences too....lived to tell anyway

how  many cities have you spent the night in?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14458

London, Paris, Glasgow, Dublin, Cork, Belfast, Derry, Galway ...that I can remember

why aren't you screaming for Jaysus with your legs in the air?

HHMCameron
BetaWolfinVA
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Oct 2014
Forum Posts: 315

Too many to count

Who knows how many in California (3mo-3yr)
Fulda, Germany for sure. Edinburgh, scotland London,  England (3yr-6yr)
Lawton, Oklahoma (6yr-10yr)
Rhinedurkheim,Gerolsheim,Karlsruhe, und Mannheim, Deutchland amsterdam, rome, Luxembourg,  etc (10yr-13yr)
Colorado Springs, telluride, fluorescent (13yr-16yr)
Stafford, va baltimore, md, laurel, md, Washington, DC. Myrtle beach, sc, Jacksonville,  fl, Jacksonville,  NC

Have you ever had to choose between your sanity and the ones you love?

feenixfiles
Fire of Insight
4awards
Joined 14th July 2013
Forum Posts: 466

alas yes.. had to make the decision to seed her [read family member] off to the mental house to preserve my very own sanity.

what sets u off adrift a memory bliss?

anonymouslyhere
Pariah Shadow
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 31st Oct 2013
Forum Posts: 1633

Many things, smells, songs, the changing of the leaf's on the autumn trees. Anything really.

Would you consider yourself disconnected from reality in anyway?

Kou_Indigo
Karam L. Parveen-Ashton
Tyrant of Words
United States 69awards
Joined 15th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2796

Well, if by reality you mean the traditional matrix-like idea of reality that most "normal" people adhere to and are limited by... then heck yeah I am totally disconnected from that big time. As in, reality called me up on the phone, left a message and I either never got it or I picked up the phone said "Sorry, not interested!" and just plain hung up on it. I'm still debating which it was!
So yeah, I'm either totally out of the matrix or a little bit out of my mind. Either way works for me! *Giggle* What can I say? Too sane, rational and "normal" is boring. It's us crazy visionary, dreamer, and artist types (all categories which at least most of us poets and poetesses fit into or at least aspire to fit into) who rock peoples' worlds either with great music, great poetry, or great ideas. And, for the most part the best of the lot typically prefer to think "outside the box" so methinks I'm in good company at least in that respect. Lol.

Now, for my question (you just know this is going to be good!)...

If there were actually aliens living amongst you (and trust you me there totally are, but that's beside the point!) would you want to learn more about their culture, way of life, beliefs, technology and all those things that can improve the quality of life and make people better, helping them to evolve as a species and so transcend the limitations of the human condition... or, wouldst you prefer to stay "in the matrix" so to speak and just never know about any of that and think it's all just science fiction?
At least half of people always choose the latter.

anonymouslyhere
Pariah Shadow
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 31st Oct 2013
Forum Posts: 1633

I think id just freak out and say "don't melt my guts please!!!!!!" Haha interesting question through, I am one of the half that would go with the latter:P

Is a person really creative if they use drugs when they write/paint or preform their art, or is that like steroids in sports? I personally have always felt using drugs when being creative is cheating.

poet Anonymous

by "drugs"
do you include prescribed ones or just the ones our lovely government decides are illegal?
take away all art inspired by drugs and you'd have a lot of emptiness, even native, tribal people use(d) mind expanding substances.

so, is it okay to take any drug for physical ailments and hack the body up surgically and with diet to conform to ideals of attractive but wrong to treat mental symptoms of discomfort with "drugs"?

can't have the mind work too well in slave societies, can we?

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

we're always givin it to ourselves right in the neck,
talkin about the stuff thas bad till it gets better
but thas how you make it better
and i get that
i may have low standards but with no comparable reference for
life here now
humans might be doin aight

what would make you sing and dance right now?

poet Anonymous

a full body massage with hot oils, soft music, and a perrier

whats your fancy?

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

weed butter fruit loop rice crispy treats

makin em 2d

have you ever ate a chocolate bug?

poet Anonymous

helluva recipe! take a pic.

I've been offered choc covered cricket but said no.... my stepdad who raised me is from the Philippines and in that culture- strange foods are normal.

does any other culture interest you?

Kou_Indigo
Karam L. Parveen-Ashton
Tyrant of Words
United States 69awards
Joined 15th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2796

Japanese culture, definitely! I have a soft spot for it due to my having past-life memories of being around during the Edo period of Feudal Japan. I am particularly fond of the poetic aspects such as how prevalent art and poetry were back during the Samurai era and how it influenced the way art... especially manga and anime... has become ingrained and integral in Japanese culture since then. I also find it refreshing how in Japanese culture they tend to treat transgendered people, hermaphrodites, and androgynous people as just people like anybody else with no stigma attached to it. I read someplace that back during the samurai era it wasn't viewed as an overtly taboo thing if a samurai had a male lover, which is very different from how it would have been viewed in western culture if a medieval knight had a similar preference. It is said that the famous feudal lord Oda Nobunaga had an equally famous male lover named Ranmaru Mori who was said to be quite beautiful. I like how open all of that is, in Japanese culture! Another thing I adore is the love of nature, especially the reverence for the Sakura tree (cherry blossom tree) and the seasons and things like that. In a lot of anime and Japanese cinema you'll see many quiet moments where things are just focusing on nature for a bit, and in Japanese art and poetry there are similar moments. To the artist and poet in me, I find that also quite compelling! So yeah, Japanese culture has a lot to it that I find quite appealing.

If you just got zapped through a time portal and dropped right into the middle of an epic battle between the Greeks and the Persians (not necessarily involving Sparta!) how would you react?

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6699

Most likely something inelegant but relevant along the lines of the proverbial policeman of 'what the bloody hell is going on here then?'. To which the Greeks would mostly create a poignant and pithy phrase, and the Persians create a tale of a strange being. I would most likely side with the Greeks, though am really more of an Egyptian-Roman-Victorian if push comes to shove. With a pinch of blighty, yank, scot, turk, greek, and templar/saladin for interest.

Have you ever been to Vegas, or Blackpool, or Vienna, or Venice? (Delete as applicable.)

Go to page:
Go to: