Go to page:

Cliques

PerciPlease
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 28th Feb 2011
Forum Posts: 4

At my school, and at any other secondary school I've ever been to, it seems that your social status or whatever determines EVERYTHING.  I was deemed "emo" because I had a black jacket, and I was sort of hardcore.  Now, this meant that I could only hang out with the other goths, and that really limited my view of things.  What experiences do you guys have with this whole clique thing?

rayheinrich
Death Plane for Teddy
Tyrant of Words
Canada 32awards
Joined 4th Dec 2009
Forum Posts: 4409

[font=Courier New][size=2]
mostly negative

poet Anonymous

I think in English high schools the social structures are a bit more black-and-white. There's either Popular, Unpopular or Complete Outcast. I flitted between the latter two groups. I moved (very) slowly upwards throughout my time there. I never became Popular, but I reached the upper echelons of Unpopular.

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6694

I find the whole thing completely retarded, a scion that must be scourged.
This is to the human race in general: Since when did we value ourselves only by what others see?
I'm an Outsider, heck even an outsider to the Outsiders, too 'mad' for their tastes, and forever asked for subtitles.
Quite frankly, I'd burn the 'popular' kids, and herd the 'unpopular' together, if I was lord and master of this plane.
But it means nothing, being slighlty more popular at school, other than feeding your vanity, doesn't really get you far in life.

Rant over, lest I be provoked again and my sleeping dragon roused to more furious action.

TJzett
TJ
Twisted Dreamer
Denmark
Joined 6th Nov 2009
Forum Posts: 20

I'm from Denmark, and as in all other schools, there is some of the classes (We have the same class our whole time a school, we dont move from classroom to classroom) there is a lot of cliques.
But for some reason, my class is nothing like that, wich I'm both suprised and happy about. I mean, it has helped me to care even less about peoples idea of me. And soon, I will be off to a college that will also be extremely open about everyone. I Took a trip to the college reasently to see if it was a place I wanted to be, and it defenetly was: You could walk around in nightwear or have green lines painted in your face, be a hippy or be punk, and nobody gave a fuck. It was like, the more outcast, the better. I'm in love with that place.

poet Anonymous

[quote]David.S said:
Rant over, lest I be provoked again and my sleeping dragon roused to more furious action.

You kinky fucker

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6694

Jack Heslop said:
[quote][quoted=chat--488-0-3]David.S said:

You kinky fucker

Kinky for you, you decadent thing, yet dangerous for all, I; a deadly thing.

poet Anonymous

[quote]PerciPlease said:
At my school, and at any other secondary school I've ever been to, it seems that your social status or whatever determines EVERYTHING.  I was deemed "emo" because I had a black jacket, and I was sort of hardcore.  Now, this meant that I could only hang out with the other goths, and that really limited my view of things.  What experiences do you guys have with this whole clique thing?

In my American high school, we don't have many cliques, and if there are, most people are free to roam in a variety. Of course, there are the people who want to have nothing to do with anyone else and they have their own little group, but other than that, it's pretty flexible.
However, I live in a relatively small and wealthy community where everyone has money, so therefore, everyone has the ability to dress the best, have the newest electronics, and pretty much have whatever they want.
I assume if you want to get nitpick at the cliques, there are some, but in a generalized view, pretty much everyone is a free floater. I doubt if you wore a black jacket here you would be classified as "emo", since almost everyone in my school owns and wears black jackets.

poet Anonymous

yeah fuck the cliques, being cool is boring, i say just hang out with everybody and theyll like you for who you are(if you're cool) when they get over all that clothing bullshit

LeesAngel
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 7awards
Joined 6th Feb 2012
Forum Posts: 193

The scary thing is- it continues throughout life, in any job, on any street, anywhere, at any age!!!!!!!!!!!! It's better to just be nice to everyone, then no matter how much you're judged, you always know your conscience is clear lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

firedaughter
StayAwayFromTheNutcase
Fire of Insight
United States 17awards
Joined 14th Feb 2012
Forum Posts: 808

People just look at me and run.. >.< its kinda funny now that I think about it..
I remember my first day of highschool when my Honors Bio teacher went desk to desk
asking us what we wanted to be when we grew up.. He came to me and said, " Missy,
I can already take a guess at what you wanna be.." and I asked, "and what would
that be?.." he replied, "dead!.. " I laughed so flipping hard.. He was the only
teacher that understood me.. Its weird.. and all the little preppies shunned me XD
Oh! and for the record, I want to be a Mortician when I get there.. XD

poet Anonymous

Nobody goes to school to learn anymore...it's just one big drunken orgy with a few insults and guns thrown into the mix..."laughs"

firedaughter
StayAwayFromTheNutcase
Fire of Insight
United States 17awards
Joined 14th Feb 2012
Forum Posts: 808

maikeru555 said:Nobody goes to school to learn anymore...it's just one big drunken orgy with a few insults and guns thrown into the mix..."laughs"

wow...well I dunno what you're school was like,
But I do happen to go there to learn XD I also
Hope to graduate top of my class.. Education
Is very important to me.. Mostly because I
have been taught that all my life.. Both of
my parents are fairly succesful people, even though
half of the time they don't know whats best for me,
They want me to have a bright future and to do
something I love.. I agree with them on this..
That is all...

poet Anonymous

firedaughter said:[quote-73672-maikeru555]Nobody goes to school to learn anymore...it's just one big drunken orgy with a few insults and guns thrown into the mix..."laughs"

wow...well I dunno what you're school was like,
But I do happen to go there to learn XD I also
Hope to graduate top of my class.. Education
Is very important to me.. Mostly because I
have been taught that all my life.. Both of
my parents are fairly succesful people, even though
half of the time they don't know whats best for me,
They want me to have a bright future and to do
something I love.. I agree with them on this..
That is all... [/quote]

My point of view is just a rash generalization. Meant not to insult the integrity of those who do take it seriously. I go by word of mouth, and most people I know go to some pretty rough schools, mind you, they don't go to East Compton either...Just average run of the mill high schools, they are getting bad these days...Teachers having sex with students, bringing guns to school/shootings, and kids having sex in the locker rooms after school? Even in my own family...My cousin has had 2 DUI's before his 18th birthday! Maybe it's not as bad as I make it out to be...let's hope for all our sakes...

My high school? Well, it wasn't as bad as most when I was in school. But, as time has went on, things have gotten worse there. My mothers friends have kids that go there now, and the shit they talk about is just absurd! It's nothing but sex, drugs and alcohol! Sure there is some good to come from all things, it just seems fewer and far in between these days...

SychophanticSlag
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 24th May 2011
Forum Posts: 1958

Unpopular people choose to be unpopular.
I'm a fucking loser, I wear black and listen to punk and metal. But I was never an outcast.
It isn't hard to break stereotypes and cliques. Maybe that's just me or where I live though.
I hate everyone though, they're all wastes of time.

Go to page:
Go to: