Go to page:

Naked and shameful

Devilish
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 24th July 2011
Forum Posts: 1744

MrAlptraum said:[quote-147380-lepperochan]hey fuck off, if anything Adam was a Brit..is why he got rid of Lilith.

Edit: ah ok you meant alien. sorry, assumed racist implications. my comment stands though :D

I'm going to call that irrational response a niggerism.[/quote]

Lmfao you guys fucking kill me. I love it.

runningturtle87
Tyrant of Words
14awards
Joined 20th June 2012
Forum Posts: 517

Devilish said:[quote-147385-MrAlptraum][quote-147380-lepperochan]hey fuck off, if anything Adam was a Brit..is why he got rid of Lilith.

Edit: ah ok you meant alien. sorry, assumed racist implications. my comment stands though :D

I'm going to call that irrational response a niggerism.[/quote]

Lmfao you guys fucking kill me. I love it.[/quote]

How Blakean all of this really sounds!!!!

Atakti
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 1st Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 3273

"... so they ate from the forbidden fruit, and that is why they were cast out of Paradise."

It might as well be, "thunder is when the gods re-arrange their furniture."  A fable, and as each generation gains in sophistication, seems increasingly primitive.

But if you want to get into the psychology of it, Adam and Eve were as innocent as children and God was the parental figure, of course.  And the deal was, he'd look after them, but they have to listen to his rules.

Why did he put in that tree of knowledge?  Well, hell, it wouldn't make much of a story if they just stayed in Eden, would it?

And, so, they reacted like children who know they have done something wrong but have not yet learned the guile to hide it.

Eden is overrated.  It had no internet access, or a decent sushi bar.

runningturtle87
Tyrant of Words
14awards
Joined 20th June 2012

Atakti said:"... so they ate from the forbidden fruit, and that is why they were cast out of Paradise."

It might as well be, "thunder is when the gods re-arrange their furniture."  A fable, and as each generation gains in sophistication, seems increasingly primitive.

But if you want to get into the psychology of it, Adam and Eve were as innocent as children and God was the parental figure, of course.  And the deal was, he'd look after them, but they have to listen to his rules.

Why did he put in that tree of knowledge?  Well, hell, it wouldn't make much of a story if they just stayed in Eden, would it?

And, so, they reacted like children who know they have done something wrong but have not yet learned the guile to hide it.

Eden is overrated.  It had no internet access, or a decent sushi bar.

All true and a ridiculous story line, but there is one thing that seems to river through it....if Adam had not forgotten who he was, none of what we know would ever have happened, according to the  myth.....

Michael9
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 20th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 11

You ALL would be surprised by the REAL TRUTH of Adam and Eve,
Read the Urantia Book that will really OPEN your Mind and Eyes, or visit this web site about it Truthbook.com or Urantiabook.org.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14455

Interesting Michael, do you subscribe to these teachings?  

I like this one :

"On normal worlds the Planetary Adam and Eve never mate with the evolutionary races. This work of biologic betterment is a function of the Adamic progeny. But these Adamites do not go out among the races; the prince’s staff bring to the Garden of Eden the superior men and women for voluntary mating with the Adamic offspring. And on most worlds it is considered the highest honor to be selected as a candidate for mating with the sons and daughters of the garden."

These are the times I wish I had my own garden.

runningturtle87
Tyrant of Words
14awards
Joined 20th June 2012

Michael9 said:You ALL would be surprised by the REAL TRUTH of Adam and Eve,
Read the Urantia Book that will really OPEN your Mind and Eyes, or visit this web site about it Truthbook.com or Urantiabook.org.

I love that book, and have read it and the concordance many times...excellent resource!  Good call!....

EveAteRedApples
Twisted Dreamer
New Zealand
Joined 11th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 99

"If one were to take the bible seriously one would go mad. But to take the bible seriously, one must be already mad."
Aleister Crowley

runningturtle87
Tyrant of Words
14awards
Joined 20th June 2012

Even if seen on the level of Spiderman and the Hardy Boys, the Bible has some of the major metaphors of the English language and as such deserves to be read.  Even if total rubbish, the Bible in the King James reflects 64% of the English languages phrases.

cjflier
Thought Provoker
United States 5awards
Joined 9th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 16

I didn't read all the post, so I may be repeating someone, but I believe it is a metaphor by the author of Genisis to describe the history of the birth of self awarness: morals, modesty, shame, guilt, etc.  Or maybe he couldn't get laid so he was telling everyone sex is bad to guilt everyone else into being as miserable as him.

wolfman
Thought Provoker
United States 3awards
Joined 18th Nov 2012
Forum Posts: 193

Exactly cjflier, thats kinda like my interpretation. runningturle(can I call u rt?), I agree with your last statement. Michael9, I look forward to reading the Urantia book, it seems interesting.

lulumydog
Pip
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom 1awards
Joined 29th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 154

Me in the menapause!!!!!!!!!

keep stripping off...

rayheinrich
Death Plane for Teddy
Tyrant of Words
Canada 32awards
Joined 4th Dec 2009
Forum Posts: 4409

Knowledge is antithetical to belief. Obtaining knowledge from
the tree of life (eating the fruit) is to question God's word,
to think for oneself.

If you're trying to control people, this is the last thing
you want them to do. Hence you try to associate it with evil,
declare it forbidden.

http://psychweb.cisat.jmu.edu/ToKSystem/images/imgE.jpg

runningturtle87
Tyrant of Words
14awards
Joined 20th June 2012

rayheinrich said:
Knowledge is antithetical to belief. Obtaining knowledge from
the tree of life (eating the fruit) is to question God's word,
to think for oneself.

If you're trying to control people, this is the last thing
you want them to do. Hence you try to associate it with evil,
declare it forbidden.

Great illustration...

Personal freedom and responsibility is the pinnacle of existence; co-existence within that framework is the ultimate expression of compassion and humanity, IMHO.

poet Anonymous

It's been a long long time since I read any part of the bible with any kind of effort, but I always interpreted that entire section to just be illustrative of the weakness of man and the omnipotence of god. The nakedness, fruit, snake, garden etc are just details. The message is that humans can (and will) fail, and god can (and will) always punish.

Go to page:
Go to: