Go to page:

Naked and shameful

runningturtle87
Tyrant of Words
14awards
Joined 20th June 2012
Forum Posts: 517

wolfman said:SExactly runningturtle. I think its kinda pschoanalytic where Adam just represents mankind.l, Eve represents his ego, conciousnes, self awareness , sense of self worth and importance. Yes he saw her and siad youre flesh of my flesh, but later refers to her as the woman god gave to me( lmao he threw her ass under the bus.), anyway he didnt want it seem that he himself disobeyed God. Most people are like that trying to please others at the same time pursuing their own desires.,

Bahzacktly.....

MilkyJoe
Milky
Fire of Insight
New Zealand
Joined 19th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 908

wolfman said:Maybe naked means that all the other animals had fur and the humans didnt

Quick! kill, skin and dry the animals!

poet Anonymous

In the bible, there is talk of nudity and strangely enough, although christ WAS born naked himself, nudity isnt allowed.
However, the question you ask is hypothetical and my guess is that you know the answer yourself

RavenofSorrow
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 19th Jan 2011
Forum Posts: 453

Im a christian but I still wrestle with one question. If they had no knowledge of sin before eating the fruit the how could they ave commited the sin and how could God blame them for gettin tricked by satan?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

Didn't God warn them not to eat the apple because the result would be sin...or something along them lines. I'm sure there was some kind of warning about the forbidden fruit.

I can't really remember that part of the novel.

poet Anonymous

There is no mention of an apple. It says 'the fruit of the tree'. It could have been a kumquat for all we know.

MilkyJoe
Milky
Fire of Insight
New Zealand
Joined 19th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 908

If thats a real fruit... life is awesome...

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

It's the fruit of our lions Joe, life is indeed awesome that the females want to succeed.

poet Anonymous

MilkyJoe said:If thats a real fruit... life is awesome...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumquat < you're welcome.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

I stand corrected.

053927598376y93870873109
Twisted Dreamer
2awards
Joined 23rd Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 93

just fyi, it's because "apple" used to mean any sort of fruit that we have the idea of it being a luscious red poisoned apple and etc.

then the french came and gave us words like tomato and apricot, and apple shrank in meaning until it was only used for crispy braeburns and granny smiths and golden delicious and

in the older bibles it would have said "apple", meaning any fruit. like "meat" was any food.

apologies if you all know this already. didn't mean to try and edyucate you.

RavenofSorrow
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 19th Jan 2011
Forum Posts: 453

Well the fruit was the knowledge of good and evil the snake (ie lucifer) told them if they eat of it they shall be as gods knowing good and evil.

runningturtle87
Tyrant of Words
14awards
Joined 20th June 2012

Interestingly, I was not allowed free will to be condemned under Adam, but Christianity requires me to willfully challenge God by my accepting or rejecting Christ?  If he has bought me with his blood, am I actually free to choose? Romans 5 says....I am not. Freedom is not chosen but rather imputed. I am passive to the process. I am redeemed by. Therefore, I am no longer naked before God. Hence am I not ashamed by my lack of clothing. I need not be covered by the Law, for I am covered by the Lamb.

Devilish
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 24th July 2011
Forum Posts: 1744

lepperochan said:I hear you on the omnipotent. I mean it seems that the mere suggestion of a forbidden fruit would compel any human to go check that shit out. enter the serpent (could be a metaphor for greed, lust etc) who persuades the woman(weak ass mo fo) to eat the apple.

nakedness may well be the taking away of the blanket God had around them, the knowledge that God was there for them, that they were 'special to him etc

then with that taken away, they were bare to the world, naked in everything, raw, cold, sorry, angry?  

Lmao. at the first part about women cause its so true and the rest here makes so much sense i can't even fathom any other point. wow. nakedness may well be the taking away of the blanket god had around them.. fucking brilliant.

runningturtle87
Tyrant of Words
14awards
Joined 20th June 2012

Before the Cross, there were two possibilities: Being in God's will and obedient, and then being out of God's will and disobedient. Now there is only one possibility, since Christ has been obedient for us all.

Go to page:
Go to: