Go to page:

How well do you coup with being critizied?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

Sorry but I have to - it's cope, not coup.

I am my biggest critic, so I usually don't have any issue with receiving criticism. When I receive nonconstructive criticism (which is something that's never happened to me here, as far as I recall) I tend to get irked, but generally I welcome criticism.

I am willing to write and submit poetry here that I am very critical of, but for other pursuits in my life (music/art/etc) I find my self-criticism to be damaging at times.

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1257

While we are at it *criticized* is a beautiful word, however critizied seems to be missing something...

I would like to overtly thank, all the people who assist me to grow in all my art forms, by criticizing me and showing me the right way to do things. With your help, I grow every day.

That is why I do what I do.

Thank you!

Al
[.]

poet Anonymous

Gentlemen, you have corrected spelling and grammar mistakes.

BEWARE OF THE LYNCH MOBS.

Jestalessa
Dangerous Mind
Scotland 35awards
Joined 27th July 2010
Forum Posts: 2329

i know that every time this topic comes up i jump all over it, but it's because i've been sooo avidly for constructive critique my entire time here. it was what kept me going, kept me trying... if people hadn't given enough of a shit about my writing to help me along with good, quality criticism i would have quit shortly after beginning.

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012

NecrophiliacVegan said:Gentlemen, you have corrected spelling and grammar mistakes.

BEWARE OF THE LYNCH MOBS.

Bring the swords, we may need them.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

I take it or leave it, depends on the critique but I do like people to critique my work if needed. If I give any it would usually be via PM (I'm shy)

poet Anonymous

No.. it is me they're after, I will hold them off.. run my brothers.. run.

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012

gone .

poet Anonymous

But.. shit! That's not the way it goes in the movies!!  

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012

NecrophiliacVegan said:But.. shit! That's not the way it goes in the movies!!  

poet Anonymous

RevolutionAL said:[quote-143230-NecrophiliacVegan]But.. shit! That's not the way it goes in the movies!!  
[/quote]

Structure man! GUIDELINES! IT'S PRE-DETERMINED!!!!

Atakti
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 1st Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 3273

http://dietcookies.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/cookie2.jpg

If the criticism is overly harsh, or bordering on hating, it helps to distract 'em with a cookie.

What?  I'm still on topic.  Lookit the yummy cookie, mmmm!

lightbaron
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 19th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 2374

If you only get praise...your shit.
If you never hear nothing....your still shit, just with less charisma
(except for the rare occasion when an artist has done the leg work, and presents something fine as it is)
Fine, is usually shit.
You should be your toughest critic, so take criticism  as a little polish for your turd

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

are we talking bout criticism here, cos there's a difference. I can take either but prefer something constructive that'll help.

own worst critic is the best way to be.

outside of art, criticism can get very tedious though. "when I said hurt me,I didn't mean dropkick me through the window" ..things like that are annoying.    

Go to page:
Go to: