Love At First Sight?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
LadyLoss
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
Joined 2nd Mar 2012
Forum Posts: 37

I believe in lust at first sight. One of my more cynical friends has love summed up perfectly in my opinion:
"Love is an intial chemical imbalance of the brain, and when that's gone, all that is left is comfort and habit".
He's such a cheerful person.

Danii
Tyrant of Words
United States 5awards
Joined 27th Oct 2011
Forum Posts: 5152

Do you believe in love at first sight? If not, I can walk by again. LOL

LadyLoss
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
Joined 2nd Mar 2012
Forum Posts: 37

One of my favourite corny chat up lines, I must say :)

poet Anonymous

You bet I do! It was a cold January and I was downtown strolling around checking out the latest offerings. And there she was, a spot light was shinning down on her and there was this angelic glow all around her. A Champion Bass Boat and she was brand, spanking new! Decked out with all the bells and whistles: 150 hp mercury Black Max, Tilt and Trim, 24 volt troll motor, fish finders, depth finders, automatic bilge pump and an aireated live well with timer. The heady smell of that freshly laid fiberglass gelcoat went straight to my brain....I ran my hand gently across her neatly trimmed carpet and I think I came from just stroking her plush vinyl seat. Oh yeah, love at first sight. We've been inseparable ever since!

Danii
Tyrant of Words
United States 5awards
Joined 27th Oct 2011

tornado said:You bet I do! It was a cold January and I was downtown strolling around checking out the latest offerings. And there she was, a spot light was shinning down on her and there was this angelic glow all around her. A Champion Bass Boat and she was brand, spanking new! Decked out with all the bells and whistles: 150 hp mercury Black Max, Tilt and Trim, 24 volt troll motor, fish finders, depth finders, automatic bilge pump and an aireated live well with timer. The heady smell of that freshly laid fiberglass gelcoat went straight to my brain....I ran my hand gently across her neatly trimmed carpet and I think I came from just stroking her plush vinyl seat. Oh yeah, love at first sight. We've been inseparable ever since!Shit..lol that was so funny!

SychophanticSlag
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 24th May 2011
Forum Posts: 1958

I don't know. My dad fell in love with my mom at first sight and they've been together ever since.. 27 odd years.

Gg78
Tyrant of Words
United States 26awards
Joined 5th Mar 2011
Forum Posts: 9051

No!! But lust at first sight is awesome

fieryangelsouljia
M6rr6g6n
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 30th Nov 2011
Forum Posts: 263

I'm very skeptical about this, because I have to know the person first, and once I know them then I'll either fall head over heels for them or stay friends. Did you know a kiss is the brain's way of telling you that you're person is a compatible mate? My first kiss felt very wrong and we both agreed to just stay friends. My second kiss ever was perfect and only then did I truly fall in love.

Danii
Tyrant of Words
United States 5awards
Joined 27th Oct 2011

I believe.........I believe i'm going blind!

Starlight_angel
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 25th Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 1240

When I first met my husband I know that this was going to be something significant. It was as if the world stood still a moment and all I saw was his smile and his brilliant eyes. The man has a presence! I can't say if it was love at first sight, or intuition, or teen hormones that happened to work out, but it makes me feel that love at first sight is real. I just don't think you necessarily know that's what it was until later.

Firebyrd
Dangerous Mind
United States 18awards
Joined 29th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 200

Wow...Love at first sight Im not sure. However,I will share this experience I had once.
About 7 years ago I was out with my cousin,at a local bar that we always went to to laugh and have a few drinks.Well while sitting there this Lovely man walks in.and as I was talking to her I couldnt keep my eyes of of him until finally I walked by him and asked him something about his hair,because it was long and beautiful! From that moment we sat at a table together and talked the entire night,and in mid sentence he just stopped and kissed me like he had known me his whole life! Then he said "Kandi,you and I are gonna be...whatever we are ment to be,and I know it" and damn if that wasnt how it was... we were furiously in Love/Lust for like 2 months.It was great.But didnt last.
I dont know if the REAL thing exsist.

waggy
Disillusion_Ment
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom 4awards
Joined 6th Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 30

I have a comment about the initial question. What exactly are we quantifying as 'love' here? By all the responses I assume that we are referring to a sexual type love and, if we take the question literally, then it can only be lust because it only involves initial sight attraction.

Ignoring the love that exists between parent and child and the love that many people express towards a deity figurehead,I  can honestly say that I have only ever been in a state of true love twice in my life. The first, and longest, was with a male that I knew from the age of seven up to his death at 30. I 'loved the bones of him', to use a modern expression, but in no terms was it a physical attraction. He was my soul mate, my twin from a different seed and egg, and I spoke with him every single day from the day we first met. We finished each others sentences, would sense the others distress or pain, two hearts beating in perfect time, two bloods running as one. Other than my children, he has been the only person that I could honestly say I would lay down my life gladly for. I immediately felt a bond the moment I saw him so, yes, I do believe in love at first sight.

Sorry, I seem to have gone off on a bit of a rant. I just want people to understand the perception of love and all its infinite states.

Love and gratitude  Dave x

poet Anonymous

It's a really interesting point that you made there waggy, and thanks for bringing it to our attentions. I can honestly say I've fallen in love, the real deal, twice in my life. I don't think I ever loved my ex once, despite living with him for 4 years. When I met my husband to be for the first time, we had only been corresponding via the internet. We kissed the very first time we met and I knew it was something special. It's the first time in my life somebody took my breath away. I don't even remember walking home, I was totally sky bound.

But my other love, I guess would be the same sort of thing as waggys. My soul twin. My brother. My sentences are finished by him. We have the same thoughts. The same mind. And he's my best friend in the world and I love him dearly. That's a whole different kind of love. But I did know it from the moment we met that he was my 'brother from another mother' so too speak.

Wow. Life is cool :)

Fading2Black
DenimFeather
Twisted Dreamer
Joined 14th May 2012
Forum Posts: 18

I once believed in it but now that I am older and glance back from time to time on what I thought I was experiencing, it was nothing more but love at first lust. Or just that sugary coated teenage love, aka. puppy love. Not really the real thing, nothing even compares. Both are entirely different.

Go to page:
Go to: