Joined 5th Mar 2011
Forum Posts: 9051

Love is a tv created fantasy and or music created

Noirish
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 21st Mar 2011
Forum Posts: 50

When considering love, I think we must recognise the English language doesn't have many synonyms for this emotion we understand very little of and fear to embrace. Therefore, our definitions become skewed and this leads to a lot of miscommunication. A famous language for love is Greek:

Agápe which means brotherly love, and often refers to a general affection or deeper sense of "true love" rather than the attraction suggested by "eros".

Éros is passionate love, with sensual desire and longing, but does not necessarily need to be sexual and through physical attraction.

Philia means friendship and is a dispassionate virtuous love, including loyalty to friends, family, and community, and requires virtue, equality and familiarity.

Storge means a natural "affection", like that felt by parents for offspring. It is also known to express mere acceptance or putting up with situations, as in "loving" the tyrant.

I think once we explore these concepts more, we realise love surrounds us all - and not the silly puppy dog lust that lives happily ever after in all the American movies. Reconnecting with our dispassionate love for humanity explores the deepest of honesties. It's hard because to trust in humanity means that you're gonna get fucked over a lot and we all know too well this world is full of hate and pain. But I happen to genuinely find imperfections beautiful. I love them.

Gg78
Tyrant of Words
United States 26awards
Joined 5th Mar 2011

I only know storage love then all others do not apply to me.. They are bullshit in my eyes lol

naijapoeteket
Idiong Divine
Fire of Insight
Nigeria 1awards
Joined 17th Sep 2010
Forum Posts: 837

Love is that thump thump thump in your chest.

MusicallyMrM
Mr_Mahogany_Wood
Tyrant of Words
United States 18awards
Joined 17th Sep 2010
Forum Posts: 631

Love is always love regardless of condition.......

Emo_Kid
Strange Creature
Joined 14th Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 8

love is desparate unhappiness and holding someone through the lonely nights

kissaled
Strange Creature
Ireland
Joined 18th Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 4

I honestly dont know what love is but I know where you can find it, in the dictionary between labia and lust!

SilverMoon
Miranda
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 17th Dec 2010
Forum Posts: 18

To me, love is when you meet someone who never ceases to amaze you. and no matter how many times they've hurt its not enough to drill them outta your thoughts. It's when you may break up or you may stop talking to that person but you'll never stop loving them. although you've moved on, you'll always have their tracks left on your heart. I think its when you accept that person's faults and embrace them so that everytime they make that fault you fall to the floor and rise up again. It's weird. Love to me isnt something marked by age or gender. Its about the soul connection between two people regardless of society's outlooks, laws, or customs. It's a magnetized bond. One tht is never broken as long as you have the memories.

red910702
Ryan
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 20th Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14

Love is anything that you make it to be.

cjmshadow
Poetic Joker
Fire of Insight
United States 10awards
Joined 2nd Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 557

[quote]Miranda said:
To me, love is when you meet someone who never ceases to amaze you. and no matter how many times they've hurt its not enough to drill them outta your thoughts. It's when you may break up or you may stop talking to that person but you'll never stop loving them. although you've moved on, you'll always have their tracks left on your heart. I think its when you accept that person's faults and embrace them so that everytime they make that fault you fall to the floor and rise up again. It's weird. Love to me isnt something marked by age or gender. Its about the soul connection between two people regardless of society's outlooks, laws, or customs. It's a magnetized bond. One tht is never broken as long as you have the memories.
wow. well now i don't have to explain it. you already did lol. casue that's how i am right now with my ex. almost a month now and still hasn't said a word to me, but i still love her with my heart. got hurt again and again and came back begging for more. love is unexplainable. not even the best or most loving actions can explain love

PierreTheMad
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 7th Dec 2009
Forum Posts: 2808

Noirish said:Philia means friendship and is a dispassionate virtuous love, including loyalty to friends, family, and community, and requires virtue, equality and familiarity.

So, Necrophilia is just being great friends with a corpse?

Gg78
Tyrant of Words
United States 26awards
Joined 5th Mar 2011

A four letter word

schizodude
a voice from the void
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 14th Feb 2011
Forum Posts: 178

love is a word or a feeling. you either feel it in your heart (if you have one) or you don't. people use it too much and not enough.

Go to page:
Go to: