Go to page:

Age is Just a Number?

R4V3N
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2012
Forum Posts: 51

Age was a big issue with me, my junior year of highschool I dated several seniors and people saw it as awkward. But I guess that's because women don't usually date younger men. So I agree on following your heart but why is dating for older women dating younger guys stranger than older men dating younger women?

Devilish
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 24th July 2011
Forum Posts: 1744

Its a total cliche' Woman are just being acknoledged for it so it takes off the preditory glares.. =)..  Personally i dont date younger guys because they seem to react heavily on there emotions as for older guys react heavily on impulse.. I guess one in the same but what ever is your pleasure as long as no one is being violated go at it sweety..

poet Anonymous

Cthonian said:[quote-65885-Miss_Sub]As long as its not like 14 and 60.

But what if they're happy?
-
Miss_Sub said:
I don't give a flying hoot about age as long as people are happy.
[/quote]

You missed the part where I said apply common sense -_-

poet Anonymous

Common sense, as well you know, is not a constant throughout human minds.

poet Anonymous

llamalover7 said:Do you think it's right for young people that are four or five years apart to date?  Should it be controled by the government? How big can the gap between two people be? for example, is it wrong for a fourteen year old to be dating a nineteen year old?

The answer to this is in the length of the lifespan.
Before there was public health, safe childbirth, vaccines and all the technology we have to PROLONG life so you can be old and sick and have no quality of life.....the average lifespan was between 20 to 40...of course some healthy people of good genetic stock lived longer....
Girls were married off after they started menstruation....
which can be as early as 10 and as late as 17
Each pregnancy carried a 50 % chance of dying
Birth control did not exist
Marriages even in the western world - were arranged by parents
I would not think that a fourteen year old should date a nineteen year old...but that is only because this is the 21st century and for many socio-political reasons this just does not seem right...

What is wrong - is throwing a 16 year old boy into jail for 3 years for having consensual sex with a 13 year old...I have heard of a case....

The term STATUTORY RAPE is very fuzzy.....
They are still after Roman Polanski and it sounded like
the girls mother permitted it.......

Go figure.............

stormz_of_fire
River
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 7th Mar 2012
Forum Posts: 355

I think you should just be at roughly the same maturity level.

LeesAngel
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 7awards
Joined 6th Feb 2012
Forum Posts: 193

i think it depends on the people around you and their views, cuz that tends to be what u go on!!!!!!!! my husband is 20years older than me, n we started dating when i had just turned 19!!!!!!!!!

on the other hand, i have a friend, a lovely lass but i think she's very lacking in confidence or something, she got married at 21 too, n it was on his 74th bday!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was a hilarious day if nothing else lmao!!!!!!!!!!!

sweet_pea
Ari3l_blu3
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 17th Feb 2012
Forum Posts: 8

Age difference shouldn’t matter, I’m talking legally of course.. lol

mitchryan549
Mitchell Ryan
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 28th Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 154

I have dated, or been sexually involved with women who are older as well as women who are younger (never younger than 18 not that I'm saying it shouldn't happen) and I have learned from and loved every experience, even the painful ones. Age will matter when it affects you or your partner in such a way that matters, and unless you are doing something illegal that's kind of open and shut. My preference for a partner in life does not come from her age, it comes from what we share in common, how we relate to each other, our understanding of one another, our friendship, our physical attraction and how strong of a connection is made between us. If two people FEEL enough they will cross every line in order to act on it so trying to govern such things would be the same as putting the surgeon generals warning on a pack of cigarettes!

MidnightXDawn
Wynter-frost
Twisted Dreamer
Romania 4awards
Joined 1st Oct 2011
Forum Posts: 74

i think that there are laws being broken when people say everyone under 18 isn't capable of loving, not until their exactly 18 there are 31 year olds who act 12 and no one say shit about that. I think some people should have a right to love who they love if they are mature about it

BleedingInferno219
Kristyn Ashley.
Fire of Insight
United States 12awards
Joined 3rd Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 717

MidnightXDawn said:i think that there are laws being broken when people say everyone under 18 isn't capable of loving, not until their exactly 18 there are 31 year olds who act 12 and no one say shit about that. I think some people should have a right to love who they love if they are mature about it

Agreed in full, it's idiotic to put an age-limit on love.

poet Anonymous

BleedingInferno219 said:i think that there are laws being broken when people say everyone under 18 isn't capable of loving, not until their exactly 18 there are 31 year olds who act 12 and no one say shit about that. I think some people should have a right to love who they love if they are mature about it

MidnightXDawn said:Agreed in full, it's idiotic to put an age-limit on love.

Whilst I agree that there are older people who are immature, as well as younger people who are very mature - a guideline has to be put somewhere. I know many people who had sex before the age of consent, yet they've never been arrested or put on the sex offenders register or anything like that. The age restrictions are there so protect someone like a young person who IS immature who could make a wrong decision with an older person, and have no way of protecting their human rights.

Of course, immature people can claim they are mature, only to find that they make an error in judgement when experimenting with sex. That's why the restrictions exist.

Vixenwings
Butterfly
Twisted Dreamer
United States 3awards
Joined 29th Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 47

It depends on how ready the kids think they are. If they truly believe that they're ready to have a mature relationship, I believe they should have at it. But I also believe it SHOULD be legal. So in my world, let's say an 11 year old wants to date a 16 year old. If they think they're ready for what comes with that big of an age gap, then let them date. But if its that same 11 year old and an 18+ person, then no. I don't think it should be allowed to happen seeming as that's kinda really considered pedophilia last I checked. But hey. I could be wrong.

Cinny
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 21st Feb 2012
Forum Posts: 983

There is a 12 year difference between my boyfriend and I, and a 14 year difference between my mother and stepfather. Age has nothing to do with love, in my opinion. Sure, it's a bit creepy for a 13 year old to be dating a 50 year old, but I don't really think you should limit love because when you do it just makes it more desirable to break those limits and boundaries. The highest gap I'd be comfortable with personally would be about 25 years, but there are of course awkward moments, such as I cannot drink yet my boyfriend can, etc.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Go to page:
Go to: