Go to page:

Age is Just a Number?

poet Anonymous

7 years between me and my other half (he's older)
I don't give a flying hoot about age as long as people are happy. As long as its not like 14 and 60. That's a bit much. I think you have to apply common sense and reasoning here rather than definitions of what society thinks an appropriate age gap should be, because that's where the real issue is, in the vanilla brains of people stuck in the social norm.

Reinareey
Reina reey
Twisted Dreamer
Kenya
Joined 2nd Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 8

Age is just bt a number i believe. Things should be judged by maturity... Thats wat matters..
People think that dating the same age is the ish bt most times there is less that we get from dating guys our age. The older guy rocks!! Trust....

KingSchmoe
wangzijie
Thought Provoker
Mongolia
Joined 28th Feb 2011
Forum Posts: 545

mjs211 said:It depends on the age more than the age difference. A three-year gap between 14 and 17 is monumental and borderline pedophilia (despite how grown up 14-year-olds think they are), whereas a ten-year gap between 25 and 35 is not much at all.

[font=Tahoma] I disagree, Mike. You would be right most of the time, but what if the fourteen year old is actually mature and doesn't just think s/he is, unlike most? Usually you have observations I can agree with, but not this time. Sorry. And I don't just mean physical maturity. When I was thirteen people would ask how old I was, and when I told them they wouldn't believe me because they said I looked 17-19. And for mental maturity, that's just... stupid. There's no way to judge mental maturity other than roughing it, since no two people think the same. Again, nothing against you, but I just think this is a ridiculous thought.

xJamieChristine
Jamie Christine
Strange Creature
Canada
Joined 1st Feb 2012
Forum Posts: 2

mjs211 said:It depends on the age more than the age difference. A three-year gap between 14 and 17 is monumental and borderline pedophilia (despite how grown up 14-year-olds think they are), whereas a ten-year gap between 25 and 35 is not much at all.

I lurk this place a lot, and I've only ever posted once.. But honestly, this grabbed my attention. I actually have to say I disagree with you. Maybe like, two months ago I would have agreed. But honestly. I'm eighteen, my boyfriend is fourteen. He's more mature than many of my friends, and he's a better boyfriend than the last one I had. You can't judge a person's maturity on their age. I can guarantee you that my boyfriend is more mature in many ways than my 30 year old brother in law. Yeah, he doesn't have the same life experience, but honestly. He's the guy I've had around in my life in a while that hasn't expected a purely physical relationship. Age really is just a number. I honestly think that people should just let others be happy, and not judge a relationship on something like that. Everyone matures differently. To say it's borderline pedophilia is ridiculous in my opinion. Maybe it would be if the older person was just in it for the sex, but in some cases, like my own, they aren't.

OctoberArts
October
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 14th Nov 2011
Forum Posts: 596

well its 3 year difference tops for me so if i was 19, 16 would be ok..(thats kinda like dating a freshman ur senior year, so i guess its ok to keep that going.)

After 21 anythin 18 and up, i dont care if im 60 ill date a sexy 18 year old college girl, shit its legal

poet Anonymous

The largest age gap I've had is three years.

mbass33
matthew bass
Fire of Insight
Honduras 7awards
Joined 22nd Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 334

Age is not just a number because you can spell numbers if you choose so.  Im in a relationsip with a younger woman, and its the happiest I´ve been in a long time.  I do think when your still in your teens age difference is a big deal because of the gap in physical and mental maturation, but if your both adults its not too important.  On average the ideal partner for an aver age male is 3.5 years younger, and for women its about the same...so it is not just a number but a merely a word as well

EternalSnow
Snow
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 11th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 205

October Arts said:well its 3 year difference tops for me so if i was 19, 16 would be ok..(thats kinda like dating a freshman ur senior year, so i guess its ok to keep that going.)

After 21 anythin 18 and up, i dont care if im 60 ill date a sexy 18 year old college girl, shit its legal

sry for laughing but that reminded me of something that happened to my older sister

AndreaStryder
Amber Lee Stoner
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 22nd Feb 2012
Forum Posts: 173

ok i like older guys too i dont think its a big deal sometimes i wish it was back where we could marry at like 15 people make such a big deal out of things

BleedingInferno219
Kristyn Ashley.
Fire of Insight
United States 12awards
Joined 3rd Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 717

Okay, here goes nothing. My boyfriend is 17 and I'm 15.. (before fingers get pointed in this direction). My fifteen-year-old opinion is you should be allowed to date whomever as long as youre of age ("haha", right?) because hey, the government set that age. So to answer your other question, no I don't think they should be able to control that. Also, I think 5 years is where it starts getting weird for people who are.. hmm.. younger? but hell, older people can take 10 years differences.. and thats still not weird to them. So I suppose that's something to do with the cup of maturity I just havent sipped on yet. Really, it varies from couple-to-couple..

LadyLoss
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
Joined 2nd Mar 2012
Forum Posts: 37

Age really is nothing... there's quite a huge age gap between me and my other half, and with all the baggage I come with, his maturity and experience have been the best thing for me. We've been together two years, and I haven't stopped changing for the better since we met.

firedaughter
StayAwayFromTheNutcase
Fire of Insight
United States 17awards
Joined 14th Feb 2012
Forum Posts: 808

age..it only really matters as you get older..right?... i mean really, we're all young wild and free.. nobody has to act their age.. if your heart says it wants that person who is 7 or even 10 years older than you.. LISTEN TO IT!!!!

BleedingInferno219
Kristyn Ashley.
Fire of Insight
United States 12awards
Joined 3rd Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 717

Age is a number that tells you how ready you'd be for that by that stupid maturity thing.. of course, it's not always right. oh well, i suppose.. i think it's different with different people..

bootselectric
Being
Thought Provoker
Canada
Joined 18th June 2011
Forum Posts: 216

Miss_Sub said:7 years between me and my other half (he's older)
I don't give a flying hoot about age as long as people are happy. As long as its not like 14 and 60. That's a bit much. I think you have to apply common sense and reasoning here rather than definitions of what society thinks an appropriate age gap should be, because that's where the real issue is, in the vanilla brains of people stuck in the social norm.

We have a winner here! Sorry to all the other participants, but we can only give out one winners award at a time, try again later!

poet Anonymous

Miss_Sub said:As long as its not like 14 and 60.

But what if they're happy?
-
Miss_Sub said:
I don't give a flying hoot about age as long as people are happy.

Go to page:
Go to: