Go to page:

Athiests, When Did You Decide?

magickdust
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 19th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 2

I wouldn't call myself an atheist exactly, Ive always wondered if there really was a god or the devil.

I had nightmares for a long time of heaven and hell, thinking Id be damned if I wasn't quick to repent.

I too had a holy roller mother that forced Christianity on me from an early age. I found it suffocating, and pointless. I was taught that music was evil, and at that time that is the way I loved to express myself. If god was so loving and caring, why would he condemn something that made me feel free?

I also hated the way people in the Church always used God to justify themselves, and placed themselves on a pedestal. It made me sick knowing that they were the biggest hypocrites of them all, but yet felt they had a right to preach to others, or look down on them, condemning them for having their own thoughts and opinions.

RavenofSorrow
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 19th Jan 2011
Forum Posts: 453

i understand where your coming from. But the christian faith is not a faith based on facts but by the spirit of christ that lives in us. Science is not based on facts either. it is also based on faith as well but it is a hollow and incomplete faith. a faith that offers nothing. teaching that were accidents that resulted from nothing and will return to nothing so that the universe might as well never had existed. that sucks out the verry meaning of life. im sorry but to be an athiest does not sound good at all. the only thing they have to look forward to is not existing (if their lucky) people know nothing of God because they dont seek him. you only seek ways to disprove him.Because deep down we all fear God. You dont want him to exist because of the negative picture of him that the world has kind of built up that hes some sort of finger waving party pooper thats only here to point the finger when in fact his mercy is without bounds. im not looking to prove his existance because thats almost impossible and i dont like preaching to deaf ears. i just wanna close by saying that God is NOT some sort of force. he has a form we were made in his likenes he has an actual thrown. and for the lady whos a luciferian id like to ask why Lucifer vowed to exalt himself over the thrown of God wanting to bring him down if hes just a force. makes no sense. The only thing that makes any sense in this world is the gospel. everything else is a deception.

RavenofSorrow
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 19th Jan 2011

id like to add that yes there are poeple in the church that are hippocrites but our religion doesnt teach anyone to be a hypocrite because Jesus himself said let he who is without sin cast the first stone. So if theres stones being cast all over the place it is not the lords fault if his followers dont follow him right.

RavenofSorrow
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 19th Jan 2011

say whaat you will about christians but the bible is solid. and yes i admit the bible has been low key tampered with over the years by the shitbag freemasons and people who "translated" the scriptures but the basic principals and all we need to make it to heaven is still there dispite the clever deceptions.

Cannaballester
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 3rd Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 112

I dont know why people believe this way,,,just look at the beauty of this earth,,,,Just as an apple falls from the tree,you know it will always hit the ground,,,,and when The Cold Winds of winter blow,The Trees will turn from green to brown,,and from a single pecan grows a giant pecan tree and  how like a computer program is that seed ,for stored inside is all the information it will ever need,,and when you look up at the stars and they are hung so perfectly,and how like a clock they seem to be,,and when you stand in aww..of all of this,,,how can you deny that a god exist

RavenofSorrow
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 19th Jan 2011

Cannaballester said:I dont know why people believe this way,,,just look at the beauty of this earth,,,,Just as an apple falls from the tree,you know it will always hit the ground,,,,and when The Cold Winds of winter blow,The Trees will turn from green to brown,,and from a single pecan grows a giant pecan tree and  how like a computer program is that seed ,for stored inside is all the information it will ever need,,and when you look up at the stars and they are hung so perfectly,and how like a clock they seem to be,,and when you stand in aww..of all of this,,,how can you deny that a god exist

Correction thats God with a capitol G. ;)

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2255

the day
common sense
died

OctoberArts
October
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 14th Nov 2011
Forum Posts: 596

Not Athiests, but gave up on god for multiple reasons

ORIGINAL SIN = load of crap
when a five year told me i was going to hell
When men of the church started raping 5 year olds
When i had sex in our school church and gor expelled
the day i realized my life served no purpose
the day i lost my brother
when said to talk to god and he didnt answer idk just made me feel crazy
LAst but not least
WHEN SOMEONE RINGS MY DOORBELL IN THE MORNING TO TALK ABOUT GOD...fuck off

lendavies
Len davies
Lost Thinker
Wales
Joined 17th Dec 2011
Forum Posts: 6

You ask When and not why, so here's when.   The day I stood on a hillside in a Welsh valley in 1966, staring down at a school and a street of houses that had been buried by a coal waste tip. A whole generation lost in an instant.There were no birds singing there that day. Gone. Deserted us along with God. at leasr that is how it felt...... Yes, I'm sure that was when.

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6697

To end these Spiritual interruptions, I will propose the following statement. It is all words and therefore flawed. Words cannot express ideas or feelings succinctly. Even this is a garbled message considering the possibility of it being some pure force of idea, some distilled vial of perfection.
And they are interruptions, because this is the "Athiests, When Did You Decide" thread. It is not one that discusses the existence or non-existence of God. And do not even start that topic. It comes to nothing but pointless blows.
Future 'interruptions' should flatly state that there is a God/Gods for them but they also respect the stance of the other members here, and then move on. Not try to convince them otherwise, the audience is too wide to be trusted to react respectfully (intentionally or not) without again, changing this to a God discussion.

Whitewand6
Dangerous Mind
India 16awards
Joined 1st Nov 2011
Forum Posts: 2251

Meaningful smile.

Rahouart_Idras
Strange Creature
Finland
Joined 12th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 8

I decided when I saw my christian fundamentalist 7th grade teacher put in jail for molesting little girls.
Science as well, in depth speculations in quantum mechanics.
I've also read most of the bible and find its intended motivations to condone fascism and slavery
as well as genocide.

Whats the difference from being a satanist
if both the Godly and the Satanic condone genocide?

poet Anonymous

ConcreteMoon said:The day I asked "Why?"

No higher power would hear my need and call to have the [Caps Lock] key removed from the standard computer keyboard.

There can't possibly be a god...

goodest
Dangerous Mind
United States 14awards
Joined 22nd Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 3007

how can any man woman or child
show any kind of denial
to the One & Only Creator
Who Teaches us not to be a hater
All He Does is show us Love
& Gives us Blessings & things there of
just to guide us to the Light
thats why only for Him will i ever fight....

SychophanticSlag
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 24th May 2011
Forum Posts: 1958

goodest said:
to the One & Only Creator
Who Teaches us not to be a hater

Goodest is back! What have you been up to? Life I presume.

Go to page:
Go to: