Go to page:

Athiests, When Did You Decide?

adarahzombie
Adarah
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 23rd Dec 2011
Forum Posts: 21

the day my mom died when  i was 6 i gave up also i never really know what god was when i was tht small now  almost 10 years later i know god is just a asshole dick who doesnt give a shit tht is if he is "real"

dahlusion
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 10th July 2011
Forum Posts: 106

"...I am a depraved poet
in need of decency, or, maybe,
in need of a decent God ..."

excerpt from the poem, "In Need Of A Decent God"

from my book, "In Forbidden Language".

"I dream I can piss in God's eye"
—poet, Anne Sexton

keys_and_gloves
Thought Provoker
Canada 1awards
Joined 30th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 108

I never believed in god ..I thought about it really hard when I was younger only because at the time I had a friend who was extremely catholic ..and that lasted all of 1 day both my parents came from separate religions but abandoned them long before I came along and nothing I have experienced in life has swayed my need to seek any kind of forgiveness or atonement for being exactly what I am
were all human ..I dont know about anyone eles but I'm perfectly imperfect and so far life is pretty damn fine
so until fire rains from the sky of we have the next biblical flood I'll just keep on like this :)

CruelHandedWriter
Jamie Rhodes
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 8awards
Joined 20th Sep 2009
Forum Posts: 1426

I never had any relationship to him. I prayed to him once when I found at my father was facing an 85% chance of death, and although he survived I thanked the medical staff that saved him. I never really became an atheist, I merely learnt what it was and realised I was one.

Now, despite an outlook that puts no anger in the direction of those who believe, I still think its sad that some can look to this make believe character and expect help, or believe that the wrongs that occur are for some heavenly reason. For me, there is simply no signs of an all powerful figure, the way the world continues suggests that the only heavenly being can be that of man's own creation through desperateness and hope. It makes perfect sense to me how an individual would strive to remove themselves of the burden of their existence, but it saddens me how it becomes an excuse for so many, when the truth is that we as people must face our own demons. They are not tests planted in us to test our worth to god, they are merely the hurdles we must overcome in order to grow.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

violet
Vi
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 6awards
Joined 13th Feb 2011
Forum Posts: 2523

I didn't decide to be one.

Every sunday at Chapel (yes I was made to attend), I felt absolutely nothing.
During science class, however, I felt excited, intrigued and awe-struck.

There was no decision,. 'God' & co. were just not as interesting.

poet Anonymous

I was dragged to church with my mother and i hated it. I felt like an outsider. I always did at any church because i don't believe.

RavenofSorrow
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 19th Jan 2011
Forum Posts: 453

well im a christion an i just wanna say im not here to judge or anything because i feel that christians that judge are hypocritical because our own bible tells us not to judge others lest we be judge and by putting our self in a position to judge others makes christianity look bad. furthermore i would like to say that some of your reasons for becoming athiests are understandable. but i want to ad that you cant judge a religion or God by what comes out of a humans mouth. nuns dont know everything about God so if they say something retarded that in no way means that God doesent exist. also i would like to add that people do not find God because they do not seek him correctly. do not rely on churches because they are run by humans. read the bible for yourself. God bless u all, even if you dont believe he is still the verry power that holds every atom in the univers together. and one more thing. science is a religion in and of its self. its based on the assumption that matter came forth out of nothing and will return to nothing so life means nothing. that seems waay more far fetched that God who was never created but always existed and will exist eternaly.

Kou_Indigo
Kara L. Pythiana-Ashton
Tyrant of Words
United States 68awards
Joined 15th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2784

God holding the atoms of the universe together is actually not too far from the mark, really. I will try to explain about that...

I am not a Christian per se (really more of a Luciferian Pagan Gnostic and Mystic), but in my beliefs God is not a sentient being as we understand the term, nor is God a man who lives in the sky. Rather, what we call "God" is in reality the life-force of the entire universe. All creation and everything that lives, breathes, and exists within it. Living or dead, animate or inanimate. All things possess some aspect of this greater life-force. It is the Divine Spark, the animating quality. Without it, life could not exist. That is why it is hopeless to exalt oneself above it. How can we, when it is a part of us? Every atom contains it and is contained by it. People ask me all the time: "Where is God, how can I find Him?" and I tell them: look to nature, and God is in it. look within yourself, and God is there too. Look under a rock, and it is there! The Divine Force is neither good nor evil, neither light nor dark. It simply... is. Yet, all that we might ever hope to understand of such concepts is a part of the life-force of creation, and so those things are a part of it as well as apart from it. That is how we are in the image of the Divine Force: because we too possess the same qualities, and yet are apart from them in the exact same way that "God" is. In our own human hubris, we simply blind ourselves to it, thinking we are all there is in creation. But we are not alone in the universe, not in any way. I cannot say more of what I know about that bit of knowledge, though. It is a secret. Even so, it is true.

According to the Gnostic scriptures, the Divine Force (or Pure Light as it is often called) sought a way for mortals to try and understand it and relate to it. So was formed "Divine Wisdom" which manifested in the first incarnate being made of flesh, ever: Sophia, or the Goddess of the Universe. Basically, God in female form. When people think of an incarnate deitiy, or a deity in some mortal-seeming guise, it is actually Sophia they are unknowingly thinking of. I consider Sophia to be my first spiritual mother, for reasons not easily related here. And in the course of things, I came to understand the true nature of God. It is as I have said: the life-force of all that is, all that was, and all that can ever be. That life force, by its' very nature, is a living thing and through it comes all of the spontaneous creation in every galaxy. Every black hole that swallows a star system so another star system can be born. Every Big Bang that heralds in a new cycle of time, when an old cycle has run its' course. Every life, every death, and every rebirth. That is the factor that science cannot explain. Even the elusive "God Particle" would only be but a single particle that contains the Divine Force. Not the Divine Force itself, which cannot be contained in any one single thing, because it quite simply is everything. Sophia was literally the manifest will of the cosmos and of life itself. We are not meant to fully fathom Her, nor from whence She came. We are all bound together, every soul, every spirit, every atom, and every animating spark that is born in every person randomly, every minute. In this way... chaos is a part of the order of things, and so chaos is divine. But without order to hold the chaos of the universe in balance, all things would spiral out of control. Science tries to fathom the order of things, but it cannot account for much of the chaos and that is where the Divine Force is strongest. Not every mind is meant to accept these truths, and I will not tell you that such a path is for everyone. Let those who can accept it, do so. And let those who cannot, follow their hearts and find their own path to happiness. This plane of reality is like the Matrix. There is the layer you can see, touch, feel, and understand... and then, there is the true face of things that lies beneath. Many of the greatest secrets of this world pertain to the other side of reality, and how we can interact with it if we choose to.

Some people are best to remain content in the Matrix and not go beyond it. Others should awaken and go beyond the comfort zone of their understanding. It is not that we can become like unto God, but rather that we already are and just do not realize the full potential we already possess for greatness, transcendence, enlightenment, and illumination. The Apple in the Garden was not sex, and it was not a fruit. It was knowledge, civilization, and enlightenment. God never forbade it... man's guilt at realizing its' full potential is what doomed man. The gate to divinity is self-awareness (what lies within), cosmic awareness (what lies without), and finally divine awareness (what lies beyond). It is good to question what organized religion teaches, because much knowledge has been suppressed, lost, and misrepresented over the years. Seek the truth for yourself, accept it if you can, and never try to tell anyone how they should believe. We can all come to the same peace through many different ways. Life is a jewel with countless facets, and everyone can hold the jewel and experience its' beauty.

Farwell for now, and peace to all!

bootselectric
Being
Thought Provoker
Canada
Joined 18th June 2011
Forum Posts: 216

herp

bootselectric
Being
Thought Provoker
Canada
Joined 18th June 2011
Forum Posts: 216

RavenofSorrow said:well im a christion an i just wanna say im not here to judge or anything because i feel that christians that judge are hypocritical because our own bible tells us not to judge others lest we be judge and by putting our self in a position to judge others makes christianity look bad. furthermore i would like to say that some of your reasons for becoming athiests are understandable. but i want to ad that you cant judge a religion or God by what comes out of a humans mouth. nuns dont know everything about God so if they say something retarded that in no way means that God doesent exist. also i would like to add that people do not find God because they do not seek him correctly. do not rely on churches because they are run by humans. read the bible for yourself. God bless u all, even if you dont believe he is still the verry power that holds every atom in the univers together. and one more thing. science is a religion in and of its self. its based on the assumption that matter came forth out of nothing and will return to nothing so life means nothing. that seems waay more far fetched that God who was never created but always existed and will exist eternaly.

So what does something like Panama Judas' comment make you think? And come on now, don't just say "he believe what he believes, I believe what I believe". We're big boys, let's face the different sides of this argument. (the reason I use PJ's comment as a reference is that it almost perfectly represents my opinion on this subject, and rather than cheaply make my own version of what he said I'll just call a spade a spade)

poet Anonymous

Thank you for asking...

07 August 1979 - 2:03:38PM

ConcreteMoon
Dillon Nickerson
Twisted Dreamer
Canada
Joined 3rd Sep 2009
Forum Posts: 9

The day I asked "Why?"

Jordanne
RubixCube
Thought Provoker
Jamaica 2awards
Joined 14th Oct 2011
Forum Posts: 169

diddi said:[quote-57489-Grace][quote-57486-Darkangel]I'm not athiest but at times I don't have faith in him
Sorry doesn't really make sense

Of course you make sense. You know there is a God, but you don't bank on him. [/quote]

Yes grace this is the thing really , we should acknowledge but not have to be stereotypically forced into a bunch of bullshit that cannot be proven and is used as a lever to manipulate people and  to fund big business as is the case with a lot of religions . [/quote]

Diddi- agree
Grace- agree
Darkangel- agree

Im not an atheist. i believe in God, dont always have faith either.  i forget to acknowledge Him bc im caught up in my own self; its easy to forget.

nevskipazza
nevski pazza
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 13th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 18

when I realised I didn't have a spiritual bone in my body. Nah, not realised, when I admitted it to my self. depressing day.

Go to page:
Go to: