trophy

Go to page:

DUP's NaPoWriMo 2016

Artemios
Thought Provoker
Greece 12awards
Joined 11th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 393

Jade! That was so exhausting and exciting! Too much energy and emotions involved! I feel empty and fulfilled at the same time!
It was a great experience! I thought I wouldn´t be able to make it till the end. I feel a big relief.
Thank you for this challenge! Unforgettable!

Congratulations Oxy, Geoff! You made it! Katja, congratulations for arriving to this point! Great work!

Whatever the result, I am already indebted as well

Thank you!

Kiss,
Art

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

OxyMoronicMe said:

Thanks to you Jade, because of your inspiration, I finally found the courage to talk about Vera.

With this competition, I did challanged my self.

Whatever the result, I am already endebted.

My heartfelt gratitude Jade

Oxy... my heart is full... How honored I feel.

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015

Hepcat61 said:

Thank you, Jade...
I didn't know if I could really produce at that level... a poem a day seemed like a lot...

but it was actually great, and I got to try some new forms and get some fare ink out of it...

Thanks for your hosting,

Geoff

Thank you so much Geoff, I'm humbled and honored at the same time... I knew those who saw this event's challenge through would feel and reap the true rewards a writer/poet experiences from the discipline which becomes a dedication in the doing.  And I ran the marathon right along, showing that it can be done!
Jade

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015

Artemios said:Jade! That was so exhausting and exciting! Too much energy and emotions involved! I feel empty and fulfilled at the same time!
It was a great experience! I thought I wouldn´t be able to make it till the end. I feel a big relief.
Thank you for this challenge! Unforgettable!

Congratulations Oxy, Geoff! You made it! Katja, congratulations for arriving to this point! Great work!

Whatever the result, I am already indebted as well

Thank you!

Kiss,
Art

Ah dear Art, my full heart now overflows!  You and the others have come through, evolved, awakened, and filled with the surge that will keep thrilling through you even when this, your first true writing challenge, becomes a memory... a sweet memory.
Jade

Hepcat61
geoff cat
Dangerous Mind
United States 33awards
Joined 27th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1028

Congratulations, Art, well done!

And to OxyMoronicMe, as well... What a great exercise in poetic production...

Great writes by all...

And to our hostess, Jade, who was right there with us... What a monumental task you set for yourself and the judges.  But you accomplished it with great encouragement and grace...

To the judges, I appreciate your time and your consideration...

And to all who attempted, especially _shadoe_ who walked the path so far with us... It was great to have you share our journey...

What a great competition...

I am honored and humbled to be in such company...

geoff

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015

Suddenly, the journey is finished, the final poem written, the three who became stronger and arrived as winners all have achieved something they never managed before.  I'm so proud of each one equally, even though, with the help of my two esteemed judges, only one was able to receive the cup, each of the participants who made it with all thirty poems knows what they have accomplished.

It's been said before, when other DUP competitions came to an end, but this was incredibly close.  Everyone raised the bar as the four weeks came down to one, with such personal effort, and inner emotion, appreciatively growing, noticeably embracing the reader with deepest reveal... start to finish:

Artemios: congratulations, Art!  You welcomed the challenge before your first entry, like the others did, and came through learning much about yourself as you gave all of yourself.  

OxyMoronicMe: you have come far, Oxy, and as a writer, there's no telling how far you will go now, but if we go by where your journey in life has taken you as expressed in your poetry here, it will be ever forward.  You have honored me by giving so much of yourself in your first literary challenge; congratulation!

Hepcat61:  I've never seen anyone do the NaNoWriMo so consistently through all thirty poems with such input of traditional form.  You stretched yourself, beyond anything I've seen from anyone, anywhere, and showed yourself what you can do that you didn't know until the finish.  Congratulations, Geoff!

And _shadoe_, Katja, though your journey was cut short, your presence and beautiful efforts honored this event.  I congratulate you also!

The judges will be leaving their thoughts to these four outstanding poets, once they each arrive.  My sincerest thanks to them both! (I'll let them reveal themselves)

With my pen salute, and deepest regard to everyone.,,

See you all again soon!
Jade

OxyMoronicMe
G.L.
Dangerous Mind
Philippines 24awards
Joined 15th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 1470

Congratulations Art! Well deserve.

Artemios
Thought Provoker
Greece 12awards
Joined 11th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 393

Ohhh!!! I cannot believe it! This is so emotional!
Thank you very much Jadey and the other judges! I wasn't expecting a cup for this as I was feeling that I won myself through this experience. I feel more than honored!

Oxy, Geoff,.... What can I say... I want to share this cup with you of course. You kept me going on, you inspired me you got me emotional with your poems all the way! Congratulations to all of you!
_shadoe, Great work and great walk with you as well!

Jadey....our lovely host..! Great poems, loved the different writing style you used to explore yourself. You got me flying with your poems and traveling in different places of the soul... Thank you!

This will be an exciting weekend!! Hope the best one to all!

Kisses,
Art

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5594

Congrats to everyone! This was a demanding comp, time wise, and my hat is off to all of you for having the poetic endurance to run this marathon ! I would have loved to participate myself, but life didn't allow me the time or concentration needed for this, so helping to judge was my best way of contributing. You all deserve an award for this and we did try to figure something out for that, but to no avail, so just know that everyone here is a winner regardless.

Thanks to Jade for hosting and to Craic for being a fellow judge-bravo everyone !

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

I'm happy the host didn't self combust with the excitment of it

you're all winners in the everybody wins club. but a special shout out to Oxy, Artsy, Hep-c, and Shadoe who along with host Jade were among the most prolific

I'd like to thank myself for my fair and unbiasd judgemental-ness

and would also take this opportunity to thank the easily offended for not taking offence to this thread

you're all beautiful people

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015

You're pretty something else yourself, Craic, and thanks so much for your assistance, and everything else I never saw happen behind my back! *giggles*

And as Art, Oxy, Geoff, MadameLavender and you know, special badges were made and have just been presented via pm's.  If anyone would like to see what they look like, all of them are on display with pride on my profile, and Geoff's as well, with blurbs he and I both did to memorialize the event.  

Love to you and all, with admiration and respect,
Jadey (on hiatus for a hot minute probably lol) <3

_shadoe_
yiyi
Tyrant of Words
54awards
Joined 25th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 563

okay, i'm super late over here {apologies for my rudeness}
art, heartfelt congratulations to you on a well deserved win. i adored reading all your entries...
... oxy {&} geoff, you really didn't make this easy on the esteemed panel of judges
lady jade, thank you for being such a gracious hostess & keeping us motivated; don't think anyone could have run this with as much flair & dedication as you did...
... this was a blast to be part of & if they would have refunded my deposit for the wedding venue {trust me, i checked ltm} i would have tried to keep up
congrats again to all
~ koshka

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015

dear Katja, if I could, I'd put the entire thread of this event, with you and everyone, into a scrapbook.  To curl up in a comfy chair whenever I wish, to touch each page with my fingertips.

Go to page:
Go to: