Forum Posts: 2047

Any thoughts on it?

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

I Could Hear Him Sing

"Happy birthday son," I heard him say standing at my bedroom door.  His words rang just as gloriously in my ears at 16 years old as they did when I was five.  

"Ready to go?" he asked.

"Yes draco, and I'm starving too," I replied smiling.  

"Well, eat light for now.  Come this evening  we'll be inhaling racks of meat like two old fat pugnees at a trough."  

Ever since I can remember everyone of my birthdays was celebrated at Krobar's All You Can Eat Grill.  For my thirteenth birthday I foolishly declared myself a "man" and challenged my dad to an eating contest.  I was done after two and half plates.  He polished off five with steaks, chops and blood pudding on each one and then had three desserts.  

Krobar's  sat nestled in the cerulean mist of the Ewaru valley. The restaurant was part of a resort where families were encouraged to "leave yesterday behind so we can serve you a better today."  When we camped there I often gathered wild loleesha berries and suru to press inside my pillow.  My mother taught me they were sentinels for my dreams setting my mind free to cascade in the beauty of where I was even as I slept.  

Our flight over to Krobar's seemed to take forever and it was one of the few times I drowned out what my father was saying to me because I was too excited to think.  

As we approached the entrance there was the usual motley crew of protestors with signs and pamphlets warning of the dangers within.  I eyed one particularly fatty among them and couldn't help but think that for one  who claimed to be anti meat and anti preservatives the size of his belly seemed to suggest he'd scarfed down a burger or two in his day, with sides.  

Inside the restaurant  I could smell the Jerimmaj wood and charcoal burning.   Families were lining up for breakfast and the line for the made to order omelets was growing quickly.  The smell of warusi bacon cooking consumed me, and stirred my stomach.      

While draco checked us in at the reservations desk I stepped over to one of the observation windows and looked out onto the valley.  A family of six was nearby and their gasps and laughter confirmed what I already saw but watched in silence.  Their commotion however brought others over too.

A white tailed sow had emerged from the woods into a clearing. She was shivering a bit shaking snow from her coat.  She was headed towards a nearby watering hole but then her path was blocked by a white tailed bull who's early morning intentions were quite obvious.  One mortified mother at the observation window tried to shield the eyes of her youngest for she knew what was coming.  Another couple near me laughed and joked about the size of the bull's "emotions" as they put it.  The woman seemed thrilled.  

But no sooner than the bull began to approach the female, out came another larger chocolate bull tracing the path of the female.  His tufted hair black about his neck and head matched his black tail.  Instinctively she stepped to the side.  

There was no dancing nor pretense in these two males.   They immediately charged each other.  The larger lowered his head and crashed into his rival so hard we all could hear the thud even from our nested view.  The impact drove the first back and he was struggling to gain leverage while slipping on the snow sprinkled leaves.  The force at which they pushed could have moved a small hover craft.  Three times they stood glaring at each other, their flanks exposed and gasping for air, each a ripe target.  

Finally thinking better of it the white tail gave way running towards the tree line.  It was just as well because the female had since left taking advantage of the distraction, only to have a younger smaller bull pursue her.  

"This was going to be a glorious day to hunt," the stranger standing next to me with his waku  said.  He introduced himself as Chinmoo, and his waku,  Lalasoon.

Trying to sound grown up I introduced myself as Popovesch, and told them, "That's why I love this place. You get to eat what you kill like the ancients did.  That's if you can eat it all."  

We all laughed.  

"You're so right my young friend.  The meat on that big one could feed that family over there through the winter, let alone dinner."  

Draco came over to join us.  Introductions were made and draco told them this was my first hunt.  Somehow I wished he hadn't.  I didn't want to appear to be some little chochar still suckling his mother's breasts to live.  I would truly prove myself a warrior today by hunting, killing and cooking what I needed, and sharing my bounty with families at other tables as the ancients had taught us.

*We said our goodbyes to the couple and set off to gather our gear.   It wasn't long before we were navigating the frozen foothills that skirted Ewaru.  

Soon draco was on the trail of our prey.  He noticed markings on the trees.  

"See that son?" he said pointing to a Jerrimaj tree.  I looked then ran my fingers over the markings.  

"This bull is in heat.  They mark the trees to warn other bucks and let females know they want to mate.   This is a strong warusi.  Look how deeply he's marked this."  

No sooner than I was about to reply when my draco and I heard him.  He was singing.  His call to a female echoed among the frosted trees and seemed to make them delightfully shiver.  

We crouched low and followed the melody.  After a bit draco spotted his footprints, they were huge. My heart thundered imagining the full size of this beast.  

As we made our way through the frozen gosemerr we came to a frozen lake, and there he stood.  Another chocolate bull although not as dark as the one I saw in the morning he was just as big if not bigger.  His flanks were lean and hard and rippled when he flinched against the cold.  Grays peppered his mane and his body bore scars of many a battle, yet somehow he was beautiful. Magnificent even.  

As I leaned against the Jerrimaj tree I was under I set off a family of zucanu birds nestled above.  They took flight and with that the bull turned back spotting us behind him.  Instinctively he ran.  

"Come on son!" draco yelled.  

The bull was out on the frozen lake and the ice was treacherously thin.  I could see the ebb and flow of the lake below as we pursued our quarry.  His size was sending tremors through the thin sheet and as we mimicked  the trail of the bull in flight we were running over the cracks he was leaving behind.  

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013

continued

Father was behind me when I heard the crash.  I turned to see he had fallen through the ice.  Without thinking I ran back to draco sending my body sprawling across the ice to reach the hole he had fallen through.  

I grabbed his hand.  

"Hold on!" I screamed.  Draco was trying to pull himself up and out but his size and weight were pulling me into the frosty pit.  I could feel us battling for and against each other.  

Just when I thought we'd both slip in and both be lost on this day, my birthday, I felt a hand grab my leg and pull me back.  Then with another heave draco was out safely too.  

Towering above us was the warusi we had chased just moments before. He was massive which frightened me to my core.  I'd never seen one alive this close up before not even at the zoo.  

Then the most marvelous thing happened.  He smiled at us, and  just as it seemed he was about to turn and leave.  

Thup!

Thup!
Thup!  

Three arrows struck the mighty beast.  One pierced his throat the other two the center of his chest, and he was down.  

Within seconds draco and I could see it was the stranger from the lodge we had met who fired the shots.    

"Now that's one fine warusi bull! He was screaming like a chinazi howler monzizi. You ever see one this close up boy!"

" ... No, but he saved us. Draco and I.  He pulled us out."  

"Nonsense boy.  My bow and I saved you.  That human more than likely was pulling you out to chomp on you. Come on help me tie his carcass up.  I bet he's gonna grill up nicely back at Kromar's."

Back at the lodge the butchers made quick work of the warusi who had saved draco and I.  His flesh was grilled and roasted to help fill the pans at the All You Can Eat Buffet.  

Draco and I sat as guests at Chinmoo's pit as the Kromar chef chopped and diced bits and pieces of steaks and chops of what was our prey just hours before.

The chef used his water gun to steam the part of the grill in front of me.  A game they played for the children of the table.  

"Happy Birthday" everyone cheered as the steam dissipated.  Then the chef skillfully used the same gun to slide a morsel from one of the steaks towards me.  

I bowed humbly, thankful for what he had given me.  

uniqueshaky
Thought Provoker
Wales 2awards
Joined 24th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 196

calamitygin said:Any thoughts on it?

I'm going to save all my thoughts for all the pieces until the end of the competition.

Thank you LSP for your entry! :)

calamitygin
Jennifer Michael McCurry
Tyrant of Words
United States 28awards
Joined 22nd June 2015

Lol....not what i meant....but thanks doll....thought LSP was some Sci Fi phrase i was unfamiliar with.....

uniqueshaky
Thought Provoker
Wales 2awards
Joined 24th Jan 2012

LSP = LobodeSanPedro, who entered the competition after you.

And again, I'm not commenting on any pieces until the end of the competition in the interest of fairness to all other entries. I will read and review them all when I announce the winner/runner ups.

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013

calamitygin said:Oops...lol a bit over zealous...8000 word fiction...hope it's alright...but ain no way I's takin this down...✌🐍

The system only allows for 8000 characters which is different from 1000 words, which can be frustrating posting flash fiction pieces such as these.

Cheers

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/jadepandora/quantum-robo00.png
PART ONE of TWO:

Alien Times: STAR MAN

Chapter 1:
There were shelters that had been dug into all reachable footage of elevated cliff sides throughout the badlands where an apocalyptic tectonic event had occurred, over 20,000 years ago.

Shifting plates, where there once was ocean, only to have it drain away in less than a year, leaving behind the remnants of half-evolved whales, and the wind-blown statuary of ancient underwater shorelines, coral reefs, and tall blow hole towers were lava had spewed from their gaping mouths.  Seascapes turned landscapes that had withered long ago, parched and sanded down.

Chapter 2:
“Papaaa!”

The sunburned, scraped and chewed animal skin-clad teenaged girl hollered, yanking back on her pony’s tether, and gripping her legs hard ‘round him; her heels digging in.  Choka pitched his head with objection because he was bare broke and it did not feel natural yet.  She was still struggling when a ten-acre shadow passed quickly over the two, hearing its bass hum.  The pony screamed in fear, threatening to take off and leave the girl in the dust – bad Choka!

“Papaaa!”

Chapter 3:
It’s pitch dark and I’m hungry, taking the torch that’s kept near the entrance of the cave two levels up from the base of the cliffs that we call home, Pa and me.  We never had any family as far back as I can recall.  I guess somehow that it’s rough, but it’s all I’ve ever known.  Pa appreciates how I hold my own, wiry and plucky, he says I am.

Ol’ pa works hard, traveling far, then comes back every moon phase.  Always manages to bring animal bladders filled with water hanging from his shaggy pack horse, Tense, who’s getting on in years, long in the tooth.  Pa’s pack horse, I mean. Also brings back fur and pelts, and jars filled with jerky of animal, bird, or sometimes fish on rare occasions; probably hauled in by another like Pa, coming from the other direction where there’s an ocean that still survives, to trade.  Last time he brought fish jerky home he gave me a present for my birthday that had come and gone a couple of months before.  See?  Here it is.  I wear it round my neck on a long string of hemp.  It’s pretty, don’t you think?  It might be just a piece of a shell, but I’d rather have it than the finest gem.  Well, I do have it, and not a fine gemstone, so that’s okay.  What do you think?  Hmm?  What’s that you say?

Oh, me?  Nothing much to say about me, I guess.  I’m called Sesha.  No, I don’t know what it means.  I guess it’s from the tribe I was born into.  I scrounge the ancient ocean bed, gathering bones for their marrow.  Some I find are what Pa calls “petrified”, like stone.  

And there’re some pretty, smooth and speckled stones, shaped like when I grind a few things into paste, using a mortar and pestle.  Those kind of stones.  I leave them sit outside so the damp air that comes in through the night sort of weeps into the hollow of those stones.  Sometimes during the day if it’s cold.  And that’s the water that me and my pony Choka drink.

Chapter 4:
Pa used to tell me stories about when water fell from the sky.  His pa used to tell him the same stories.  Must have been a long time since water fell from the sky ‘round these parts; ‘round a lot of parts, I figure.  I used to dream about those stories; the ocean, the whale hunts, and the trees that used to grow here that they made boats from to use in the ocean.  I’ve never been in water that I could wash in or swim in.  I don’t even know if I can swim.  I never took a bath in water, all nice and cool, that would make my skin soft and smooth.  My skin is like sand from the cliffs.  But your skin looks smooth.  It looks like the sky when it’s night time and there’s no moon, but all of the stars are out.

What are you pointing at?  Is that where you're from?  Does it rain there?

Chapter 5:
There seemed nothing more, to Sesha, whose guest had insinuated her current life, like nothing had done before in her living memory.  
Once she awoke, anything of her life before that moment was wiped clear: no words, images, or events that had occurred in her brief eighteen years.  Everything blank that might have connected or bridged her from the cliff side cave to what she was surrounded by now, of sight and sound, touch and smell and taste.

What’s going on?, she wondered to herself.  She laid, reclining on a table of sorts, as if having been prepared for surgery, though she could not recall this on her own; everything appeared clinical, sterile, and blinding in the lights of the large space cabin in which she now found herself.  Her eyes finding it hard to iris in due to her lack of exposure to such light, except times when she had dared look straight at the sun.

And now she sat up, shaky, and wobbly when she tried to look around.  Once she folded her spindly legs under herself, her spine straightened, keeping her from teetering off of the table which was covered with a snowy white sheet.  Even the air had no smell to identify this strange place, so clean and perfect it appeared to be.

Something caught her eye about herself; the way her wavy auburn hair fell over and down her shoulders.  She took some strands in her right hand and realized that the length of her hair was now at least two inches longer.  How could this be?  Her head jerked about as she quickly took in more of her new location, as if the answer to this instant growth would reveal itself.  Two inches: that would take months!

(Continued...)

Written on April 16th, 2016

Copyright ©2016 Jade Pandora.  All Rights Reserved.

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/jadepandora/quantum-robo00.png
PART TWO of TWO:

Alien Times: STAR MAN

Chapter 6:
It was at that moment of her revelation that the tall towering star man was upon her, standing, quietly observing the girl, his head tilted slightly. Now that they were out of the dark cave lit only by the torch she had held, she was able to see clearly the features of her host.  Before she was able to address this, she could hear him, but only in her mind she now recognized.  It became clear that this creature of gentle stature was communicating not from his mouth.  He had no mouth with which to articulate!  What was he saying?  She squinted as the words took form.

“You are a child of the place where you live, and your mind seeks answers to who I am, where I come from, and why I was there on your planet.  I will show you all.  I will prepare you for the atmosphere of my home.  Come.”

And as she received his hand with fingers that were four times as long as her own, the voice continued.  “I am my planet’s version of a male from yours.  I am called “Zith”, which has nothing in your language to explain its meaning.”  

Helping her down off of the table, the alien being led her over to a bomb bay room where various outfits were hanging in different primary colors, their matching helmets and air packs alongside. She was glad she did not need to change in front of him, but was startled when she saw that she had already been fitted with a white gown that hemmed just below her knees, and she was barefoot.  And she was spotlessly clean!  She had been bathed… with water?

Before she knew, she was garbed in a bright yellow suit, with Zith lowering its matching helmet over her head, with her hair pulled back and tied, his long fingers securing the fasteners that ensured both helmet and suit would protect the girl from the outer atmosphere. Suddenly, the rush and whisper of clean, refreshing oxygenated air came into the helmet once he turned on the pack.

Chapter 7:
It was just then that the girl looked to the other side of the room and saw a small ship – a space ship? – sitting and waiting.  Zith seemed bemused, though she could hardly tell.  It was in his calm resonating voice: “Yes, earth child, you and I will ride in this small pod, to allow you to view the sights that you are about to behold, without the time and effort of walking.  Come.  Sit by me at the controls.”

The passenger side of the pod quietly lifted its door up like a crow’s wing.  Sesha leaned forward and climbed in, pivoting into the bucket seat that fit her like a glove.  She was surprised that she was not afraid, that she was taken by what was happening, in her youthful exuberance.

Once Zith was seated, the doors of the pod eased shut with a soft sigh of its air shocks.  The easy rev of its engine kicked in, and the body raised and hovered, while the doors of the bomb bay drew up to allow for an exit.

In an instant, off they went straight into space where nothing seemed to be supported or anchored.  And Sesha let out a little gasp when she saw that there was nothing she could gauge the time of day by.  Everything went on forever, and there was no sun, only the staggering mass of galactic arms of stars.  So many stars!

Chapter 8:
The centrifugal force was nonexistent while the craft banked and sharply rose, without Zith and Sesha needing to sway left, right, back or forward.  She was agog as her starlit guide toured her over satellite moons, just grazing the misted clouds from volcanic eruptions, and of ice-bound moons further out,  watching other incoming and outgoing pods, and larger cargo ships.  Everything seemed to twinkle and glow like celestial rainbows, but no other beings could she see.  At that thought, Sesha turned to look intently over at Zith who steered the pod without expression, blending into the scenery of the dark distance of space, and the overwhelming sight of all the suns that for her always seemed simple points of light.  Now everything was alive as she was, and the alien being by her side.

Sesha tried to form a thought, a question to ask her newfound friend, but before she opened her mouth to speak, Zith’s voice caressed her brain with his answer. “Yes, earth child, my reason why I came to your planet.  Just look around you, and what do you see?”  

The girl thought her reply to him. “I see all the possibilities of this place I never knew existed.  You must have everything you need here, so why would you come all the way to my impoverished home?”

The alien met her look with his star-shot eyes, like comets growing their fiery tails. “Oh dear earth child, is that what you think, is that what we have?”  His head bowed a moment, his comet eyes mere slits.  “I will return you to my craft.  It is time to take you back home.”

Chapter 9 (finale):
Sesha sat with rigid spine, her face looking straight ahead no matter what strange and wonderful images sped past.  She did not dare think how she felt.  It would not matter how hard she tried, for Zith would know.  He already knew.  Her dark eyes like meteorites welled up, flooding over with their tears.

She still could not meet his gaze as before.  She heard his voice coming back to her mind.  “My wonderful earthling child of human kind, how little you realize what you have, for your planet holds unbound gifts you would never see.  But look around you one last time.  Do you see a planet that I can call home?”

Sesha reluctantly peered out the front of the pod’s wide windscreen with infrared protection, and still, she only saw space, the satellites, and the traffic of incoming and outgoing craft.  No living beings, and no place for them to go.  She spun ‘round in her seat to look full faced at him, and sent her words to his mind.

“To my friend who has shown me so much, do you mean that there’s no way to live the way you used to do?”  Zith nodded slightly and slowly.  

“The planet I lived on met with the cruelest of fates, along with all of my family and my friends who went up in the epic blast.  It was not one soul’s fault; it was all of our doing.  I am one of the last while our robots keep performing just how they were programmed.”  

The girl slumped in her seat, and hit the side of her helmet in frustration.  Zith continued. “I will take you to where earth is filled with all that life offers on such a planet.  But first, we will search for your father, and bring him with us.”

Sesha’s eyes grew wide as her breath caught, and asked aloud, “Choka and Tense, too?”

It was the first expression that had crept across his face, recalling the names, and with the faintest of wry smiles, said to her in thought, “Yes, Choka and Tense, too.”

Written on April 16th, 2016

©2016 Jade Pandora. All Rights Reserved.

uniqueshaky
Thought Provoker
Wales 2awards
Joined 24th Jan 2012

Thank you Jade, for the entry. :)

calamitygin
Jennifer Michael McCurry
Tyrant of Words
United States 28awards
Joined 22nd June 2015

Sorry...its a long rediculous story...but not what i meant...lol

Northern1
Fire of Insight
Iceland
Joined 15th Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 228

Tea And Biscuits With An Alien

Rudy is an alien.  For the lack of a better description lets call him a grey.
We had a chat about philosophy, ethics, social engineering and genetic restructuring
one evening over a cup of tea and biscuits.

Me:  Funny you should show up, i've been thinking about you guys, about what makes you tick.
Rudy: Yeah, we know, your questions are becoming more relevant, we are glad.
Me: Well, i'm glad you´re glad, now we can all be glad together.
Rudy: (sips tea) I sense hostility. Control yourself human, it´s worth it.
Your anxiety is typical, you should be above such things, being of value.
Me: Yeah, but are you of value to me, is what i ask myself.
You treat me like a piece of meat, i have clamp bruises and i´m supposed to believe
that you care for my well being, that you have my best interests at heart?
Value you say, lets discuss that.  What's the going rate for my carcass?
Rudy: You wanted us to work on you, we've been working on you.
Trust us, you're in good clamps.  Lets change the subject.

Me: OK, lets talk about the nature of the universe.
Rudy: From me me me to everything and all, hahaha, we like it.
Me: Whatever. Obviously the big bang theory is wrong, nothing will come from nothing.
Rudy: Interesting choice of words. Obviously we have had a long time to think about this.
Yes of course we saw early on that something cannot expand into nothing and yet
the measured evidence suggested movement and expansion.
This led to a long held conclusion that our growing awareness of the universe was the expansion.
There were obvious faults with that theory and it had it´s critics.
That velocity and space are relative leads to reality being relative and then
the question becomes in relation to what?
Like you humans we began considering multiple universes and larger designs.
but inescapably we were soon asking ourselves what do all the universes relate to,
what is their frame of reference? Something bigger still and endlessly perhaps
and into the tiniest of the tiny endlessly also?
I tell you the whole thing was giving us a massive headache.
We had a kind of hippy movement for a while, a dangerous lot.
They claimed everything an illusion, time, space, reason and themselves even.
They always failed to explain how the illusion became self aware
and how it could be scrutinized by other self aware illusions endlessly.
And so we have been seeking the grail ever since and getting nowhere might I add.
Me: The grail?
Rudy: The spark, human, the ignition, the source.
Me: Oh you mean God, the one who created himself, but didn't really
because he´s always been there ever since he created himself, you mean that guy?
Rudy: When you put it that way, it makes one wonder if he´s just sitting at the
bottom of a test tube in the basement of a madman like the rest of us.
I want to use that as a joke for a upcoming student lecture if I may.
Me: Blow your brains out.

It makes one wonder you said, nice to see i´m not addressing a group of you.
i can´t believe you don't get that there can be no beginning or end,
therefor no creator or destroyer. Your hippies were right.
Rudy: We have given this thought human. We can be sure of only one thing,
we are aware therefor we are.  How we became and what we will become
are the key questions rather than the nature of the physical universe,
it is only of secondary concern.
We don't chase the wind, we seek it's source.
Me: Hope you don´t discover it's just an asshole.
Have some biscuits or my wife will frown.
Lets get on the topic of alien intervention of human affairs.
Rudy: (forcing down a biscuit) Must we?
Me: Is it DNA upgrading?  A breeding program? Are we somebody´s idea of a restaurant?
Or do you just get a kick out of playing God since you can't find him?
Rudy: Oh God, the humanities. If only my boss could hear this,
I think his elongated jelly bean head would just pop. We like you.
Me: Ah you don't like your boss.  Of course you would have a hierarchy,
it's so functional and keeps everyone in line for the top percentage.
Rudy laughing:  Communist.

Me: You never answered my question though, what's it all about,
what's so special about humans? What do you need us for?
Rudy: (almost choking on a biscuit) Omelettes.
Me: Open a window honey, give the alien some air.
Rudy: I´m not an alien, I´m linked to you.
Did you think I came here for the pleasure of your company and the stimulating conversation?
Me: Any second now i'm gonna kick your ass mister.
Alright, i'll bite, so why did you decide to grace us with your presence?
Rudy: Oh believe me it was not my decision, I had tickets for the Intergalactic Cup.
My team is on a winning run.  Actually it´s our team, you've been there a few times.
Me: What, as a spectator, a player, the ball?  No wait,  i don´t want to know.
Man, you must have really messed up to be linked with me eh.
Rudy: I've had worse....
We like you.
Me. Oh shucks, you're just saying that you little palooka.
Rudy: I need to tell you why I was sent here while I have time.
Me: More tea?
Rudy: No thank you, I am fine. Listen it's important you know in advance.
Me: Hold on, telephone.  Yes mother, like i said, we will be there on Tuesday.
Bla bla bla bla bla
bla bla bla
bla
bla
Sorry about that, you were saying?
Rudy: That dream you had about white light is a memory of the future.
Like I said, you are all in good clamps.
Me: Yeah, i'll be right with you.
What´s that?
Where did he go?
Of all the inconsiderate rude..
Rudy?

Northern1
Fire of Insight
Iceland
Joined 15th Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 228

Continued

A couple of months later i was sitting watching a late night sci fi movie when there sounded
three soft knocks on our fifth floor window.  Pulling the drapes aside i saw Rudy floating outside
with a silly grin on his pale face and wearing some sort of transparent head gear.
Rudy: Are you busy with something?
Me: Christ, get in here before the neighbors see you, you lunatic.
Rudy passes through the window as if he is made of light and hovers down to sit on the couch.
Rudy crossing his thin legs:  Have any of that fine Yunnan tea around? I would love a cup or two.
No worries, the neighbors can't see me and if they hear, it's only you talking to yourself again.
Me: Show off.  Alright i'll make a batch, but what are you doing here?  
i did receive your message, my wife told me.  Flash of light dream is memory of the future, got it.
Is everyone on your planet as weird as you are?
Rudy laughing:   Planet?  We don't need no stinking planets.  How many channels on this thing?
Me:  452 and please stop flipping the channels with your head, i can't afford another TV.
So what's the deal,  going to explain to me what i am supposed to do about
knowing the apocalyptic future?  And what the hell is that thing on your head?
Rudy:  Yunnan tea in a mug, one teaspoon of acacia honey and then we'll talk.
Me from the kitchen:  You spin me round round baby round round like a record baby round round round round.
Rudy:  That's a fun tune, haha we like you.
Me:  Ain't i the lucky one.  Here's your precious tea.  Well?
Rudy:  Well what?
Me:  What are you doing here?
Rudy:  I´m stirring honey into the tea human.
Me glaring at Rudy:  My wife took our boy to her mother's place for a few days to think things over.  You really messed me up with that foreknowledge crap you pulled on me, she's afraid that i've lost my marbles.  You have some explaining to do mister.
Rudy:  It's true I do and that's why I'm here.
Me:  Okay, i'm all ears.
(Rudy produces a four foot mirror out of a tiny piece of lint and holds it in front of me)
Me horrified:  Jesus, i didn't mean literally.
(Mirror disappears)
Rudy:  Sorry, couldn't resist.
Me:  Stop toying with me, i'm a nervous wreck here.

Rudy sipping tea through his face mask:  You are of course familiar with the butterfly effect, it is real but connected to thoughts as well as actions and it can be steered for a desired outcome, but most effectively when operated through the most potent senders or butterflies if you will.  A few hundred thousand of these special butterflies exist on earth and not all are human but each one has been programmed through dream time suggestions and visits such as the one you received from me earlier with the single purpose of destroying all life on planet earth.  You my friend are one of those Monarch butterflies.
Me: Get the fuck outta here.  
Rudy:  No I´m quite serious, I and my worker friends have been deceived, we have only discovered recently that we have been helping to carry out this terrible plan.  That's why I am here now and my friends are visiting others to warn you not to believe in the visions you have had, that they are lies but capable of becoming truths.
Me:  Oh that's just wonderful, here i was trying to deflate my ego and be a more humble human being, concentrate on me and my loved ones instead of worrying about this crazy world all the time and you come here sip my tea and casually lay this awesome responsibility on my shoulders.  Why do you and your friends care anyway what happens to this world?  Wait a minute, by telling me this aren't you committing treason or something, sealing your own doom?
Rudy:  We have no choice now, like I said to you before I am linked to you and my friends are linked to others, if you go away so do we.  Like never before we have a common interest.  The mask I am wearing disguises my thoughts and actions to my superiors, an important precaution.
Me:  Alright, can't you just program me with positive visions and problem solved?  i really don't want to have any more to do with this directly than i have to.
Rudy:  If that were so we wouldn't even be having this conversation now would we?  The bosses can monitor all dream time work, there is no way around that, believe me we too wish there was, dealing with you fickle humans in the waking state is not exactly our cup of tea so to speak.  No you have to reprogram yourself, I can assist you in suggesting the best ways of doing so but that's about it, the work has to be done by you. If it helps, I can tell you that I have faith in you.
Me:  Lets say by some miracle the other butterflies and i manage to reprogram ourselves into happy visionaries and we avert the cataclysm, it won't be long into the process that your bosses will see that something is not right with their plan and they will suspect your friends and you and then it's bye bye Rudy and the world by some other means at their disposal.
Rudy emptying his mug:  Let us worry about that, we got ourselves duped into this mess and we don't like it one bit, our responsibility is now to fool our bosses and plan their fall from grace.  They may be super intelligent, but they are also vain, arrogant and sure of themselves, we shall use those weaknesses to our advantage.   There are greater forces, a higher court which they have to answer to if our plans succeed.  Interesting times eh human?
Me from the kitchen:  i'm not telling my wife this, she will divorce me for sure.  
Rudy:  Ahh yes more tea please, but skip the biscuits hahaha.  Lets take up lighter chat since we are getting to know each other on a more personal basis.  Ask me some silly things.
Me: My head's in a whirl.  Okay is there any local musician or artist that's appreciated in your neck of the galaxy?
Rudy:  Sure that's an easy one, Iggy Pop is huge, even among those in different time rapidity and those homed in super gravity environments such as Krmtspm race.  They are a bizarre higher life form that resemble a big flat yellow slug hahaha.
Me smiling:  Yunnan makes you high, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lAQ0Sfm0kI

uniqueshaky
Thought Provoker
Wales 2awards
Joined 24th Jan 2012

Thanks everyone for the entries. I'll read them all, give my thoughts and announce the winner soon. :)

Go to page:
Go to: