Atakti
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 1st Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 3273

Poetry Contest

It's all about you.
You totally matter.

It's 5000 years into the future, and they dug up an old YouTube video featuring you. What they see on the video changes events in the future.

What's on the video? What do you say? What can they learn from you?

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz151/kckyrass22/0846-martian-ring-0%20sm_zpshxetwoj4.jpg

700 word limit
poetry or prose
new work only
no collabs
two weeks

any mood - intense, funny, morbid - go nuts

Extra credit:  Post a YouTube vid link along with your work.

If your entry is a transcript of the video, please be aware that this is primarily a comp judged on writing skills. The video is the [popped] cherry on the top.

Atakti
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 1st Aug 2012

I got a question, so to clarify the above a bit:

My thinking was that via the vid, you let slip a crucial fact upon which crucial info of the viewers changes. Example, if you said something that proved or disproved someone's claim to power, and so history as THEY know it, between your vid and their time changes. But it doesn't have to be political, it could be any subject - art, gene mutations, aliens, the Third Earl of Cheese.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

Star date : present

Captain's log:

" I feel myself
 getting caught up
 in a rush of water

glimpsed above
 saw Klingons clinging
 to the black hole
 that brought me here

riddle me this
 what's the opposite
 of take out

that's who it is
 the bane of mankind

byeeeeeeeeeeeee  

Atakti
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 1st Aug 2012

Thanks, Craic, for starting us off on that riddle... Cracked code, anyone?

Who's next?

Atakti
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 1st Aug 2012

Bump!

rainbow_sunshine
Wendy
Thought Provoker
Canada 2awards
Joined 3rd Dec 2010
Forum Posts: 22

The artist was always seen as the vagabond visionary on the fringes of society. Easily disregarded as technology became the God of our times, barely any attention was given to what imbued the artist with their foresight, their passion and their innovative spirits. Throughout art history it has always appeared that artists suffered deeply from anachronism, never quite of the time that they physically belonged to. Tragically, their life’s work often misunderstood and not credited until future generations began to grasp at the concepts lying beneath their creations. But why was this? Scientists obsessed over the sky and the earth and every last microscopic detail in search for the answers to existence. What they should have been studying were the artists. The Age of Aquarius passed Earth through an energetic portal which allowed a deeper sense of awakening and awareness to those sensitive to it. Among creatives (not just those who made physical creations, but anyone who strived for a unique existence) certain Truths became common knowledge, but to much of humanity it remained myth. Through the heavy screen of illusion everything sounded like science fiction or insanity, but as the creatives watched the monotonous and recklessly unsatisfying routine of the milieu, they saw even greater feats of irrationality. But now that they have awoken, they understand the process and how hard it is to convince the masses to switch, yet how simple it could be if they simply believed. Each artist is an ambassador from the future. Since free will and choice are intrinsic to the human experience, it is impossible for there is be a singular future, and so each artist represents a potential unfolding. Their art indicates the steps and paradigm shifts necessary to shift into that specific future. Their futures are given strength by the numbers who believe in their vision. Physical reality is simply a manifestation of the common belief. That which we think is real becomes so. This comes as a gift and a curse. There have been many visionary and inspirational creatives who built, spoke, and wrote about a future with dazzling prospects for all. But if it deviates too far from the currently accepted norm, the masses won’t buy in. They have no concept how powerful their power of intention and belief is. It is easier to believe what has already been proven, and that is why history has been so circular. Not because it is inherently so, but because the masses lack imagination and have out casted those who possess it as heretics and mad men. But the creatives know the Truth. The population has drastically expanded, and with it more artists have been sent back in attempts to show us just how many options we have. We are in dangerous and critical times. It is the tipping point. We must choose which vision to follow, and yet our ambassadors are not being listened too. Technicians are being put on pedestals. Human strive towards being that which they never can be- perfectly efficient, linear, predictable machines. Our best friends are mechanical. Cell phones and lap tops replace physical bonds. Art is imperfect and develops through the process of making mistakes. It reflects its creator. And people no longer care for this drawn out messy process. But the technicians are not from the future. They have no sensitivity to how it all plays out. They are only informed by extraordinarily limited and selfish aims of their present existence. The artist’s plea with us, but mostly it falls on deaf ears. In certain futures, imagination no longer exists. Of course these are not futures they come from, but if it becomes our greatest possibility, artists will no longer be able to travel back. Without artists the muscles are no longer flexed. It shrivels and disappears. Humanity becomes trapped in a static state recycling all that already is, but never creating anything new. After many generations they won’t even know what they are missing and without imagination will never be able to replace it. What would this world look like?

Atakti
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 1st Aug 2012

Thank you, Wendy, for that thoughtful insight into the future of creativity.

Atakti
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 1st Aug 2012

More entries please!

Watcha got, Matrix style?

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

This is a cool idea... I may think of something worthy by the weekend, once my brain thaws.

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1873

http://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t623/curlycue23/rp_zpsypqjyg1f.png

I'm so old school all I have is audio instead of video.  But this is such a fun competition I had to throw something down.

ALL MEN & WOMEN ARE CREATED EQAUL (part 1)

Hello name is Hillary Salem.  My mother named me after the first female President of the United States of America.

I’m an audio scientist at the University Minnesota.  I’m part of a team that’s been working on project called, ‘Talk Travel’.  The theory of this project is simple; though we haven’t been able to transport people back and forth through time, we can transport radio waves from past to present, and now, into reverse.  This isn’t new knowledge, humanity has known this since the invention of the radio.

Radio waves sent out to space, can bounce off an object and come back to earth.  HAM radio waves, bouncing off the moon have been heard years after their broadcast.  So, through our project, ‘Talk Travel’, we have advanced this possesses through a combination of radio lasers and satellites.   Of course, exactly how we do it, is top secret.  But if you hear our time capsule messages you know its working.  To test our project, each of us has broadcast to the past, a short note on how society has changed in the future present.  Of course, most of my fellow geeks, want to talk about geek stuff, but what I’ve chosen to talk about is a little closer to home.

So for my contribution to what has changed, I’ve decided to share a little personal drama.  I’m headed for traffic court tomorrow to pay for moving violation.  I know what to expect, as I’ve been there before.  I’m going to suffer a bare assed paddling right in front of the court’s gallery.  This is how traffic violations are handled now-a-days.  There are no more fines.  Instead of handing over money to the court, you have to hand over your ass, as I’ll be handing mine over tomorrow.

“So how did we come to this,” you might ask?

It started with you, the people of the year 2016, whom believed that the Constitution of the United States should be interpreted as are founding fore fathers intended.  A few years back, a judge who was tired of wealthy people laughing off speeding tickets ordered that this one rich prick to be paddled instead.  His reasoning came from the first line of the Constitution, that “all men are created equal.”  And thankfully to women, such as my name sake, all women are now considered the same.

In his argument, the judge cited that no court in the America, not Family, Criminal or otherwise, was more unjust to its citizens than traffic court.  As he pointed out, a traffic fine to a poor working single mother could be financially devastating, while the same citation for a rich debutant was a badge of honor to be bragged about.  He ended his argument with words that are emblazoned upon the wall of every traffic court in the United States of America, “Equal Punishment Is Equality!”

At first, no one took the Judge’s decision seriously.  But as it made its way through the appellate process support for it began to increase.  Folks were just sick and tired of people in Porches and SUVs thinking they owned the road.  By the time his decision reached the Supreme Court, that rich bastard was already unbuttoning his pants.

Now for tomorrow, I know the drill.  It will be just like it happened before.  Traffic court punishment follows a very strict ritual.  So here’s brief narration describing what I experienced before.

I had received a ticket for 20 miles over the limit, which under the law, equates to one swat with a paddle for each mile.  Of course, like most folks, I chose not to contest the charge as they have every violation recorded on camera.  Why pay money for a lawyer when you know you’re going to lose?
To prepare for the big day, I chose to wear a plain black skirt.  When it came my turn to approach the bench, I didn’t want to be another teen bimbo, trying to hike down her spandex denim. “And yes, spandex denim is the fashion of today.”  

In the spirit of Mary Queen of Scotts who wore a scarlet dress to her beheading, I chose a pair of bright red of panties.  Like Mary, I want the world to see me take my punishment with pride and style.

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1873

ALL MEN & WOMEN ARE CREATED EQAUL  (part 2)

Of course, as usual the court room was packed.  The front row that is usual occupied by old perverts, was on this day lined with high school seniors from a civics class.  I hated this.  I’d prefer the old perverts because at least they try to be somewhat discrete in their arousal, but some these high school punks looked like they were growing asparagus in their laps.  And those senior girls; what a pathetic bunch. Either they were on the verge of crying, or they were so antsy with excitement, you’d think at any minute one might jump up and volunteer to take my place.  I swear, you literally could witness these horny toads breaking out in acne.

The first on the docket was a 40 year old man, his ass was hairier than an antique piece of shag carpeting.  Gross!  All the high school seniors hid their eyes. Like me, he was caught going 20 mph over the limit.  With every swat he grunted like a pig.  It was nauseating.

Then came a little anorexic waif’s turn.  She was so nervous she looked like as though she might pass out at any second.  The bailiff had to help her keep standing while she undid her denim spandex pants.  By the time she lower them to her knees, she was huffing a puffing with such excited fear, that she sounded like a choo choo train.  Like so many naive girls, she was wearing a thong, or as with boys, a jock strap, thinking it would save them from the humiliation of complete nudity.

“Wrong!”

Once the bailiff bent her over the spanking bench and had fastened the restraints, with one swift move, her thong was roughly yanked off.  “Ohhhh,” she cried out at its removal!

A chorus of muffled chuckles arouse from the gallery.

SLAM…SLAM!  The judge struck down her gavel.  “Anyone guilty of such an outburst again, will be sentenced to 10 swats for contempt of court, is that understood?”

Then turning to the bailiff she ordered, “Proceed!”

The bailiff produce a paddle made of flexible plastic riddled with holes to make it more arrow dynamic.  The waif was to receive 10 swats upon her shivering lily white ass.
SLAP!   When the first one hit its mark and she let out a loud whelp.
A second swat, then a third.  Each time she yelled a lilted bit louder, and little bit worse.

Her ass now pink with scarlet blush, gyrated with anticipation of the next blow.

SLAP SLAP SLAP SLAP SLAP SLAP, she began to cry.

“How pathetic,” I thought.  “I know it hurts, but it doesn’t hurt that much.  What a wimp.”

Finally her paddling was over.  Pants up, sobbing she signed a document with the clerk of courts.  Then the bailiff called out loudly for me, by name, to approach the bench.  It was my turn.

Though I had a thousand butterflies in my stomach I was determined to show the court, especially those snickering senior boys, how a real woman takes her punishment.  Taking a deep breath, I gathered my composure stood up, and marched to the bench, my high heels clicking in proud determination.

“Miss Hillary Salem, do you contest the charge of speeding 20 miles over the posted limit,” the judge asked?

“No Mam, I’m guilty as charged.”

“Then I sentence you to twenty swats of the judicial paddle.  Is there anything you’d like to say before the sentence is carried out?”

“Yes, Mam,” I said turning to towards the gallery.  “I just like to say to the young people sitting here, that what is about to happen to me will not only make me a better person, but it will make society a better place as well.  So whether at home, school, work, or in a court of law, embrace your punishment as though it were an act of love.  For your better off with it, than without it.”

Turning back towards the spanking bench, I unsnapped my black skirt and let it fall to the floor. The sight of my bright red panties caused a soft collective gasp from the audience.  Hooking the sides of my panties with my thumbs, I slowly pulled them down, then stepped out, and kicked them to the side.  As I did, I made direct eye contact with one of the senior boys.  He looked as though his eyes were about to pop out of his head.  I coyly flashed him a quick smile as he nervously gulped.  

“Restraints will not be necessary your honor, I wish to accept my punishment with dignity,” I said as I dropped across the spanking bench.

“So be it,” answered the judge honoring my request.

She then ordered the bailiff, “Proceed!”

As heard him take up the paddle I widened my stance and arched my back to present my bare ass that was now all covered in goose bumps.  As my mother always said, “If the boys want to gander, you might as well put on a show.”  So I decided to give the audience something to look at.

SLAP!  “One,” I said firmly!  Although counting was never required by the courts some recipients as I, choose to keep track aloud.

SLAP!  “Two.”  The paddle stung like honey bee stings.   Though uncomfortable, like any good old fashion paddling, it was bearable.

SLAP!  “Three!”  This time my voice cracked.  I shut my eyes and did a visual of my bottom turning rosy red.

SLAP!   “Four”.  This one was a bit harder and cause me to lift one of my heels.  The bailiff paused briefly as I readjusted my position on the bench, and signaled for him to resume by arching my back and rising my ass as high as I could.

SLAP…SLAP…SLAP…SALP!  “Five, Six, Seven, Eight,” I endure the next consecutive swats one after the other marking each with a husky voice.

“Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve,” like two musicians jamming, I and the bailiff had found a rhythm.  Every time I felt the sting of his paddle, my ass grew hotter, and my soul grew warmer.  I won’t say I found the experience enjoyable, but at some level, or in someplace, it was satisfying a need that I can never will quite understand.

“Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen,” I felt myself getting wet.  As to ‘why’ I can’t say.  But I’m certain the audience could see that I was becoming visibly aroused.

“Seventeen,” this would be the last number I would call out aloud.

Eighteen, nineteen, and twenty were answered with feminine groans.

“Thank you Miss Hillary Salem, you’ve satisfied the judgment of this court.  Please make yourself decent, then sign off with the clerk of court.  And please, in the future, try to drive more carefully.”  

“Thank you your honor,” I said with misty eyes as I slipped back on my red panties that now matched the color of my bottom. “And thank you too Sir,” I said to the bailiff.

“Your very welcome Miss,” it wasn’t till that moment I noticed what a handsome ‘Son-Of-A-Bitch’ he was.

As I left the court, most of the people averted their eyes, especially those high school seniors who were obviously slightly traumatized by the event.  But I wasn’t, go figure?  If I were given a choice of shelling out hundreds of dollars, or taking courtroom paddling, of course I’d take the paddling.  Yes, it’s painful, but it’s not near the violent act as some would like you to think it might be.  More often than not, those against adult corporal discipline, are those that have never experienced it.

As a deterrent, corporal punishment for traffic court has worked out wonderfully.  The result, accidents have dropped off tremendously, as have insurance rates.  So now you might be asking yourself the same thing I’ve been asking myself, “Why my paddling didn’t deter me from speeding again.”

I don’t know.  My guess is by demonstrating how willingly I can take my punishment I’m setting an example for others.  And to think, this time I was 30 mph over the limit.  So I’d better get ready, my red little panties.

Now I’ll leave you with as a prologue to my contribution.  Good people of the past, never underestimate the equality and justice, of a good whooping on the ass.

And tell your children, “If they don’t want to bare their behinds, than don’t do the crime!”

Yours truly,
Hillary Salem

BoFantastic
Thought Provoker
7awards
Joined 24th Apr 2014
Forum Posts: 333

Immortal Glory

when they found my youtube, they saw I never aged
they wondered how did I maintain my youth, my couth and my sage
I told them I own my own DNA
nobody made me
nobody paid me
I ain't no Nintendo, so nobody played me
I ain't no Judas, so no Jesus betrayed me
they thought I was a vampire because I never expire
they question my insanity and integrity
people and bitches always be begging me
for the secret, the secret, you mama can't keep it
ha ha, you dirty whore
ha ha, you never more
I don't tell, I won't sell, I'm keeping my wits
but I ain't telling you shits
to my immortal glory, you want my blood, but you bore me
but I will tell you my story, for the mother fucking glory
oh the glory
I live for the glory
cut the sarcasm with a butter knife
and drop kick the midget's wife
the story of biological survival, evolution driven by denial
the primal urge to purge the imperfections of style
they mark my words with wisdom of owls
they count my blessings in all four directions and vowels
I gave them a gaze through the video display
laser sharp focus without the commotion and craze
and in the sparkle of my eye, did I impart a teaching
and empowerment
in the wink of my twinkle did they glimpse my entitlement
language is useless when it comes to power
so I didn't speak a word I just said FUCK YOU for an hour
and that changed the future,
because now every body says FUCK YOU, and your booty hole

Atakti
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 1st Aug 2012

Cheers for your entries, snugglebuck and BoFantastic!

Only 4 days left, Case and anyone else considering an entry.

DystopianMelody
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 9th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 1391

If a moment didn't matter

I'm afraid of dying
of locking grips with the great unknown
and letting my hands seep
into the abyss

the thought of seeing myself wilt
fade and wither away
a quivering sack of mulch
on doddering legs
the sharpness of my mind
thinned to the point of crumbling
against the steady file of time
is almost as gruesome as abstractions come

but if that radiant light
did not set into a sea
that seems endless to those adrift
would basking in the light of day
still cradle and nurture
urgency in the pursuit of joy?

or would the sight
of an eternally burning orb
desiccate the soothing touch
of cool water on fevered skin
and the teeming colours
in cursive landscapes
sink below the surface
too deep to be sought or seen
when there is an endless age
of apathy
and arid uniformity to be endured

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

Lifeform Restoration Project Facility

LRPF SYSTEM LOG AD7015.4.30 19:00

DNA code Data file load:
AD2015.4.30.TSUBUCHRONOS

README TEXT( YouTube ARCHIVE RSA extract from JPEG
            Research Team University of Eldnm
            Dr. Sveart
            LRPF waiver contact Annie_Grien@LRPF51.DPA)

...AGCTTCGCGTAACTAGCCCCCGATT.....

START Incubation
Cycletime=9month
Accelerate=500x  

MALFUNCTION autodetect%17%

Warning Level=%17%

RESTORATION ALGORITHM  TIMEOUT ERROR ON FILE: AD2015.4.30.TSUBUCHRONOS

WAITING FOR OPERATOR RESTART

PROCESS FILE RESTART BY REMOTE USER: TsubuVirus1776

DNA Recreator runtime log

AD2015.4.30.TSUBUCHRONOS vital signs = PASS

AD2015.4.30.TSUBUCHRONOS life force boot Link=Paired