Go to page:

POETRY CRUSH [me] into dust [&] CALL [me] anonymous

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

jIMNUT_rOARIN said:I'm sorry again Mr Case, my troubled mind still cannot figure this comp/project fully out.  I suppose I ought to demand explanation via PM but this way the comp gets put back onto the "Recent Discussions" where indeed it ought to be having more views upon it!  So hear me out on this last, I promise, pesky inquiry of clarification:  

So even though the comp here has one winner, the project itself will have dozens of participants to it - are these participants fellow pre-arranged DUPers, are they members from other poetic/artistic websites, are they real daylight humans strolling about your quadrant of the globe??

It's the CONNECTION between this comp and the project which is really putting me in circles around the bird feeder...  These competitions of yours are just WAY TOO GRAND!!!

jIMNUT, all the people working on this project are active or have been members of DUP at some point in time. I have a number of poets already recruited, but I'm hoping to uncover more poets and artists by running this talent quest style comp.

And thank you, I do my very best to overcomplicate my ideas with these WAY TOO GRAND comps.

DystopianMelody
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 9th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 1391

A box and it's name

Bend
beneath the wind of watching eyes
fold yourself to fit
the waiting shelves of expectation

mould your tongue
to run between the rails
and bind your mind
firm within its chamber

for if it were to flee
to break free and roam
become the breeze
through these hallowed halls of disbelief

then, though they'd cry and shout
leap and spread their will to walls
not a soul could stretch
from sea to sky
and in their Kingdom
stop it

Thanks to you I realised I have no other talents.

lanooz
Twisted Dreamer
United States 14awards
Joined 21st July 2012
Forum Posts: 240

The Signs of I

I feel like an Episcopal priest before losing his faith,
a traffic accident thrown in his face, renouncing
my faith even though my younger brother believes
I'm more than just a human being, I'm sort of a saint
without ever stepping a foot on a field, but why
does he still look up to me and all my bad habits?
Playing ballads against an empty glass of hope
thinking how mysterious this world really is
as crop circles engulf our minds with the
possibilities, but I guess happiness is a hoax
as I stare out this bedroom window laughing
at nightmares just to let the world know how
brave I am to peak out my once dry sheets
and stare out the window at the creepy silhouette
standing alone undearneath the midnight stars,
but don't be alarmed, I am not scared of a soul trying
to intrude on my ego, like if I am somehow exempt
from the rumors of mortality. I feel the footsteps
of strangers walking around in the shadows hiding
while dogs bark curiously at phantom noises coming
from the same place I just pointed my finger at.
Maybe it's a sign that we are not alone on this earth
or maybe it's a sign that nothing is furthur from
the actual truth. Boarding up windows makes me
feel safe but not invinsible on some rainy nights
when my newfound fright gets the best of me.
No matter where I hide, attic or basement, i'ts all
the same, I still yearn for my inhaler feeling like
a hostage ready to give my final words to the world
before I pass away into the toxic realm of SET,
swinging away into pity's arms, I'm acid to my own
self , toxin in my bloodstream. Listening to
beautiful sounds in the background as I begin to
tap on empty water glasses just to feel sane
before the asthma attacks my lungs and I loose
control as sounds begin to exchange questions
with my sanity. The sound of strings all around me
and I'm beginning to understand each note, the
reason why tonight on the bay of regret I float.

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 1781

so that's it, no winner no *Crew* Um... ?

hornyatmorn
Twisted Dreamer
2awards
Joined 8th Dec 2014
Forum Posts: 124

Zazzles said:so that's it, no winner no *Crew* Um... ?

Yeah, it's comps like this and also like "An Indirect Approach" and
"1000 word poem" that make me think, if the hosts are not going to bother why the fuck should the rest of us bother with them in the first place?
Hey mods, is there anyway of regulating these competitions or should I post 100 or 1000 of them myself and then forget about them?

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

I send PM's to members who are still active and have comps on the abandoned list. Some genuinely forgot and close it up right away, others don't reply because they probably don't care. Case will be back --he always is good on his comps. Other than recognizing poor hosts, there's no way to stop them from making more comps that will end up abandoned, but people can alert others to their prior behavior, with a simple heads up in any new comps they make.  I've also gone so far as to lock a new comp of a member who had 3 abandoned ones, until said host chose winners for the others.

I've already posted more than a few times in the forums, about having the courtesy to follow through on comps, so I won't beat a dead horse there, but I will put in a plug for helping to vote on the comps in voting-- pick your choice for winner, we have 5 in vote, 53 left waiting and the more voters we get, the faster it will go.

hornyatmorn
Twisted Dreamer
2awards
Joined 8th Dec 2014

Thanks ML.
I think that a list could be kept, viewable by all members where the hosts name of abandoned (or dodgy) competitions could be entered automatically informing also of the number(s) of such competitions started by such hosts and not honored.
Then by a click on the name of any host the "general public" could be informed about the caliber/credibility or otherwise of host in question.
I do not mean in any sense any kind of black board. Only records been kept.
If it sounds too complicated or big-brotherish I apologize.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

Not at all, and the list does exist, but right now it's only viewable by the mods. Will have to think if there's a polically correct way to alert others to a potential dodgy comp...,

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

Case runs comps all the time, decent comps that test and inspire. so he's a couple of days out, it's hardly the crime of the century. bit of patients wouldn't go astray.

point being: the OP of this comp has a good track record for comps. yeah he can be a bit bogged down with life and such, but you can be confident that there'll be closure here at some stage in the near future

Case, sorry man . I had hoped to put a piece of music and a poem down, thought I had more time . maybe next time

best o luck to the people  

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013

lepperochan said:Case runs comps all the time, decent comps that test and inspire. so he's a couple of days out, it's hardly the crime of the century. bit of patients wouldn't go astray.

point being: the OP of this comp has a good track record for comps. yeah he can be a bit bogged down with life and such, but you can be confident that there'll be closure here at some stage in the near future

Case, sorry man . I had hoped to put a piece of music and a poem down, thought I had more time . maybe next time

best o luck to the people  

hi  lepp, nope I wasn't thinking that, i was just curious as to whats up is all ")

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

No worries, lady. I was directing my comment to Hornyatmorn.

It's all good, Zazzles  carry on heh heh

hornyatmorn
Twisted Dreamer
2awards
Joined 8th Dec 2014

Ok, lep, I was not so much complaining about Case either, as I have seen his work and credibility and I liked both, but this thread gave me a kind of platform to complain about the other threads that I referred to. I should have done it there.
Sorry, Case.

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013

u handsome devil you Lepp!!!

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

I apologise for temporarily abandoning DU, this comp and my over complicated project... I've had other commitments outside of DU the past week and a bit, that have consumed my time and headspace...

There are a heap of great entries here, I think I've narrowed it down 2 or 3, I'll pick a winner in the coming hours. Thanks again for understanding.

poet Anonymous

whaaaaaaaat?! wow. was.not.expecting.this. thanks so much! there were a shit ton of good entries in this mother. congrats to LSP and thanks for hosting this whole big crazy thing, case!

Go to page:
Go to: