poet Anonymous

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16218

Hi Holly
You either want this http://www.only-search.com/?s=img&babsrc=SP_kms&rlz=0&sd=61&q=christmas+greeting+cards
Or this http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/247028/forumpost/

I hope you send in a story for this competition. Looking forward to it.:)

poet Anonymous

Thanks Grace . I moved the card.

I did send an entry here. It was the first submission. Maybe the angels hid it from viewers. I wouldn't be surprised if they were insulted by my yelling "What the hell is that"? when I mentioned their music.

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011

Sorry dear...I must be going blind:). Yes I see it. Thanks.

Panter896
Twisted Dreamer
Jamaica 1awards
Joined 26th Apr 2014
Forum Posts: 34

The Voice Behind the Door.

One Christmas, we rented a house for the all family to meet up, and spend time together. It was old Victorian, and it was gorgeous- on the outside. Looked like something you would see in a movie, so grand.

It was spacious on the inside, we had a total of 20 people staying there, and we could easily fit more. But you wouldn't want to, because the place was so creepy inside. The old, floor boards squeaked and cracked as you stepped on them - so it always made it seem like there was someone behind you, lurking behind you. And even though it was bright as day outside, inside always felt and like it was midnight -- never a second earlier, as a kid something like that leaves a lasting impression.

The wall paper was an ugly tarnished-brown, and parts of it were ripped and just hanging off of the wall. The antiques, had years of dust on them. It was just a dark, place, and it every room felt that way. It just felt like the walls had ears, and the mirror had eyes that were always watching you.

Anyway - all of the adults, at some point, left us kids at the house for their traditional Christmas Eve Celebration. So there were only us kids, the 4 of us. We hated the place, but since we were kids, being in a haunted house – or what felt like one – was cool.

It was late, and time to eat. So we all gathered in the kitchen. All of us with the exception of my sister, who was only six at the time, who was in the room sleeping. Once we decided what we were going to eat – we ordered it, then I went to get her.

I didn’t want to but, I ended up having to go to the room she was staying in, which was down in the basement. I remember that long dark grey hallway leading there – that particular one, had a moldy smell to it, and was so much longer than the other hallways, and it felt so cold there -- colder than it had felt earlier when I was outside and it was snowing. The rest of the house as warm as a cozy summers day -- it was just this hallway.

I was wearing a heavy sweater, one of those really thick-ugly sweaters your grandmother gives you for Christmas so you stay warm for the rest of your life!! But even that, the still cold air seemed to pierce through it (its giving me goosebumps thinking about it)  And the closer I got to the room, the colder I got. By the time I touched the doorknob, my hand was shivering, and I could see my breathe.

When I finally got to the door, I tried pushing it open – but it wouldn’t budge. Even though there wasn’t a lock on the door, it wouldn’t open. I called out her name a few times, but nothing -- for a few minutes.  Then, just before I walked away, I heard her muffled reply -- telling me she would be out in a minute, confirming  she would be down for dinner in a few. I remember hearing it, her voice crystal clear – a bit muffled, but it was her voice.

The strange thing is, by the time I got back downstairs, my sister was already sitting at the table - waiting for me. She hadn't passed me in the hall, or even been to her room that night - It freaked me out – but I kept my cool until the adults got back. Then we talked them into letting us kids, sleep in the same room. We left the following day, after Christmas.

Years later, I mentioned it to my sister-- the voice, and the feeling that hallway gave me. She acted strange about it, and basically pretended like didn't know what I was talking about. But the terrified look on her face, said it all. It was a long time ago, and I just let it go. But I still wonder about that voice behind the door...

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011

Thank you Panter for your participation.

poet Anonymous

Grace, I found a possible explanation for what those sounds were that I heard. All through 2012 there were sky sounds in many areas reported and some were caught by witnesses and put on youtube. Seems scientists say it was electromagnetic waves we heard.

At 3 minutes into this video is  a  recording. It is exactly what I had heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG9Mjx-Ca-M

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011

Wow! Incredible.

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011

Bump! Story...!:)

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011

Congratulations to all the winners. Snugglebuck, Holly and Crowfly, all of you told mesmerising stories and are incredibly talented. Panter896, you are a winner too, but there can only be those trophies. You wrote an awesome story. Thank you for honouring me with your participations, everybody. Please enter my other competitions. Thank You!

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1873

Thank you Idryad, I m really humbled. And I enjoyed reading all the comps.

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011

snugglebuck said:Thank you Idryad, I m really humbled. And I enjoyed reading all the comps.

The pleasure was mine Snugglebuck. Call me Grace, please.:)

Go to page:
Go to: