Thanks Lena for your entry...good luck!

sektioN8ty
King Sammy
Thought Provoker
Nigeria 9awards
Joined 2nd July 2014
Forum Posts: 203

I fell from the wEb

Knitting my web about the net to make a cob of Sektion8ty. My spin got stucked, like in a game of death with no umpire, I had no referee. I mistakenly stepped on a mat rolled o're a deep hole- then down the hole I travelled. As the fall continues, my voice echoed for help, lo and behold I hit the bottom; deep, deep beyond underground, deep down Mariana's trench -It's the deepest trench a swimmer can ever kiss

Shattered in fears and lost in my Ignorance, I regained consciousness.
Back to my feet, on the qui vive
Like in church; I sat on the pew and listened to multitudes of preachers present sermons from the alter.
In my heart of congregation, I acknowledged a  cannon.
Within minutes the Deep Underground's fang injected a venom in me called 'poye-tree'. The venom reacted with the dexterity in me and I began to convulse my obscure talent.

Looking like a strange creature amongst the poetry breeds; I took my penknive, sharpened my nib, dipped it in a bowl of ink and started my journey like a lost thinker through DUP town. I held unto my new dreams though initially they seemed twisted. I came across tyrants of words from dangerous mind who were refined by fire of insight, they got me provoked in thoughts. Then the angels came around with swords of words to guide me through the dark shadows to the mistress of the Underground.

I've made mistakes.
I've hurt my neighbours with hate.
Some where around the corner, I was taught to love and shine.
Hopefully, I'll be a better neighbour than 'nine'

I'm pro'bly still a poor writer after sinking in the deep for over 100days but I'm obviously better than the novice I was. I stumbled o're this town, but I'd rather remain in the deep than swim back to the bank where money lies......

In this town, I'm part of it's grandure.
I sip from the inexperienced brochures.
I grow on the feeds of the experienced critiques.
DUP what have I to requite?

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 2483

Thank you sektioN8ty for your participation...much appreciated!

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012

Thank you guys for your wonderful entries...will come back later with the winners.

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012

CONGRATULATIONS to the winners of this comp and once again thank you all for participating. Thanks Jes and John for your contributions...sorry you're above the "age driving requirement."

SWITCHBLADE: WINNER
REX24: 1st RUNNER-UP
BOFANTASTIC: 2nd RUNNER-UP

Lena-underneath
Fire of Insight
United States 8awards
Joined 14th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 71

Congratulations Switchblade! Reks and BoFantastic, you guys were awesome, congrats!
Thank you Mr. EngrVV for creating a fun comp. It was an honor to participate among some very fine writers ; )

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
sektioN8ty
King Sammy
Thought Provoker
Nigeria 9awards
Joined 2nd July 2014
Forum Posts: 203

Congrats to SwitchBlade and the runner-ups
nice write to Everyone else...

BrrrRrrrrHhhh....

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Reks, just want to let you know that you were my first choice when you came back after Roach's...but then Switchblade had hit the mark!

@EngrVV

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012

Lena-underneath said:Congratulations Switchblade! Reks and BoFantastic, you guys were awesome, congrats!
Thank you Mr. EngrVV for creating a fun comp. It was an honor to participate among some very fine writers ; )

I had a hard time deciding between you and Bo because both of you had some positive and inspiring points. Please join again in my next comp...

@EngrVV

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Lena-underneath
Fire of Insight
United States 8awards
Joined 14th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 71

Mr. Reks...wow wow wow...I'm speechless! You are too kind. Thank you with a curtsy ;)

Go to page:
Go to: