lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

Poetry Contest

Write a quatrain in your own blood
write a prophetic quatrain with your own blood. ..no collabs, own blood, fresh ..no dead babies and no clots  

poet Anonymous

Dear, are you serious?
How can we prove its our blood and not stolen from a hospital?

We'll have to make use of image insert links as well.

BTW, I do remember the member who claimed to write in her own blood. I saw her website as well, which had her blood on stationery, but I can't even recall her name.
Wasn't she Texan? Was her name Hannah perhaps?

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5601

Cool--finally some worthwhile labs I can have my students run this year; fall semester, I'll have them ABO- type all your bloods in my Immunohematology class, then spring semester in Chemistry, we'll DNA test your written work to make sure you did indeed use your own blood.

poet Anonymous

But will the test work if I use one drop of blood and mix it with a can of cherry coke?

poet Anonymous

Scratch that question...will the test pick up blood particles with DNA if mixed in eyeshadow?
One drop of blood mixed with powdered eyeshadow might make a good medium to write.

Jeeze...I wish my DVD of "Walk in the Clouds" would get here. I'm bored crazy.

souladareatease
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 28th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 5085

Andrew fell threadbare into mist, as ghosts screamed for retribution
he took to his reins nudging his mare, one hand clutching sabre
thoughts wandered, giving ominous visions, an island settled,further generations
sunshine glory, to the trail of tears handed hard by Jackson

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Good stuff, Soulteaser

ok so it turns out that requiring poetry written in fresh blood might be more trouble than its worth. so no fresh human blood please. I will totally accept fresh kitten blood.

AscensionES
Aptilneilrionaltion
Dangerous Mind
Australia 9awards
Joined 22nd Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 1797

lepperochan said:write a prophetic quatrain with your own blood. ..no collabs, own blood, fresh ..no dead babies and no clots  

Hah. Where's all those dark niche fuckers now?

Angel_Of_Darkness
Rune L
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 22nd Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 608

Yeah, I'm right here Euan. And I've already done that before,  and gave it to my girlfriend. Well,  ex girlfriend. She broke it off before the whole blood thing, but regardless. What if I said I'd do this competition,  legit,  use my own blood,  post a picture of it,  everything? I guess I'd be the only legitimate entry,  so does that mean I'd win? Cause I'll do it if only to get a trophy other than top critiquer.

Angel_Of_Darkness
Rune L
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 22nd Feb 2013

Any reply to that?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

forgot about this. clicked into it to see what it was about, turns out its my fuckin competition.

ok so, a prophetic quatrain written in blood. if members take the challenge please be mindful of safety towards yourself and the rest of your household. I estimate that you’ll need about 10mls of blood so there’s no need to go severing any arteries (unless your name rhymes with smack hex in which case severing of all arteries would be preferable) any doubts about safety etc don’t hesitate to bombard The Doc with your questions.

thank you kindly

poet Anonymous

well if someone puts a valid entry, I really would like my question answered, so I can know if my idea is valid:
Can I mix the blood with powder of some kind, or some other ingrediant to make it easier to write? Or do you want only pure blood?

Say "virgin blood only" and may a vamp rape you in your sleep.

;)

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Holly, if mixing blood with eye shadow helps then by all means go ahead. I’d be interested to see how that works out, though I will add that I saw an example of blood poetry written in blood alone and it worked just fine.  

far as authenticating goes I have no plan for it. if you post a pic of a poem and say it’s your own blood then I will take that at face value.

when you say Vamp do you mean a Mis or Mr Vamp cos I think I could live with the former ..I’ll not ask for virgin blood though cos it would give Onlywakingexists an unfair advantage

poet Anonymous

I didn't just read what I think I read...did I ?
:)x

Angel_Of_Darkness
Rune L
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 22nd Feb 2013

You should specify whose comment you're referring to,  miki

Go to page:
Go to: