trophy

Go to page:

Playground Massacre

Tamaura_NightAngel
Thought Provoker
France 1awards
Joined 23rd Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 42

the thing is there are two side to every story with colombine the  kids where bulled and people and teachers knew about it and did nothing so they took the matters into there own hands . i think its wrong to always sit there and think that the person who did the shooting is the one in the wrong and not the others who bully them and pushed them to that point and what about the staff they too knew what was happing and no one steped it and i feel that eveyone has a right to say or not say want they want and wright about anything they feel . just becuse it happends on the news does not mean you can not right about it . look at the wars over religan what thats happing on the news too so omg everyone lets stop talking about that or wirghting about it becuse its so horrible .  I am sorry i am just annoyed that one thing is ok and not the other so its bad to wright about shooting up a school but its ok to wright about killing people in the name of god ?

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5600

I agree that there are two sides to every story, but I never said it wasn't ok to write about it--just to be considerate when doing so and think of other ways to get even with bullies as opposed to killing them. Yes there's lots of unjust and gruesome things in the world but consider each topic as it arises. Yes, kids can be mean and pick on each other, but do they deserve to die for it? And yes, too, the school staff has a responsibility to keep order, but ultimately they are not babysitters and nannies and the parents are just as much to blame for their childrens' actions. Being a parent means you sacrifice and say "Gee, I guess I can't go out partying every weekend or maybe I'll have to pass on that power-suit job for a few years, so I can be involved enough in my child's life to know if they're bullying other kids or have access to guns to go shoot the bullies"

So write about what you want--no one's stopping you from expressing yourself as artistically as you want, but if people can feel it's ok to promote certain topics, then on the flipside, other people are allowed the right to disagree and speak up as well. There are many different levels of what people see as acceptable and not, and many different levels of gruesomeness of crimes against people if all ages. That's not to say one crime is more acceptable than others, but some have more of a social stigma associated with them.

All I'm saying is to tread carefully in certain waters because all of life isn't one big free for all as far as anything goes and "I'm entitled".  Go ahead and write about maiming and killing children if you want, but before you go nuts with being ultra descriptive, think about it from the perspective of what if you were a parent of a murdered child and had to watch it happen like some of those parents did? How do you want to be known as a writer? How do you want to represent DUP to the rest of the world?

poet Anonymous

Nobody Wins in Massacre

I loaded up and let loose. I’m the bloody face on the news, the only one alive to tell the story of what torture I suffered in the playground. Mama never questioned my bruises nor asked why I painted the windows black and played so many war games on my computer.   PTA meetings were never in her schedule, because she didn’t want to give up her dates with her boyfriend.  No teacher who saw what happened will have a chance any more to speak on what abuse I suffered; they are dead.

Well, who knows my fate now?  I may have a cell where I’m kept sedated for the next decade, but I could also get out on good conduct. I have read stories of such cases on the news. I really don’t care either way, since I have no one and nothing to live for.

I did read too that there are men in prisons who will gang up on  kids new to the block and some end up raped or dead too. Bullies everywhere I suppose. I’m too tired to think about this now, much less cram some last minute info by researching documentaries on life after death.  What if the spirits of the bullies are waiting for me?  War goes on...or is there really any forgiveness and peace?  Wish I’d never read  stuff on the damned poetry site where the gory stories of massacre fantasies are, because it only fueled my anger and death wishes.

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

stupid gato                  
stupid indians                  
i thought you knew                  
us poor mexicans don't have phones                  

dude had them ol 11th edition jordans                  
with the 23's on em                  
spike lee's with the ak 47's too                  
but his ol man was an angry martyr                  
plumber                  
weather proofing his own cross                  
jus came home                  
still on paper                
brand new again in that world                  
post jolst gargle                  
with hairy prison poison jesus                  
fakin that AA sheet signature                
pocket got a short draw of bottom shelf                
we all were cutting up and gassing                
when his kid said he quit drinking                  
the boy was real sorry for messin with my momma                
when she disappeared                  
and than so did his                  

i remember everything                  
being crystaline                  
autumn in A minor                  
but so not in a hot glass of apple cider                  
with a cinnamon stick                  
shit it feels good to be                  
rocking some dirty jeans,                  
a hoodie and some timbos                  
nobody knows me at this campfire                  
type of way                  

too many totems                  
winking                  
with missing teeth                  
swearing bout all the hollows        
with room for glow                  

it was 2 days before tuesday                  
i knew no one was home                  
the alarm code was her dad's license plate                  
the square root of both his kid's birthdays                  
used to sneak into the movies a lot                

but still                  
being                  
a b side bad track ninja                  
told her i loved her                  
with a backwards hyroglyph
stick fig pic
of a boy bein pushed off the swing                  
on the mirror                  
in her own lipstick                  
and moved away                  

you never answer the phone when                  
girl from the third grade who used to bully you calls              

she knows you know    
she knows                        
while she been slumming it
her dawg done leveled up                
singin who abandoned who?

Tamaura_NightAngel
Thought Provoker
France 1awards
Joined 23rd Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 42

even if parents stoped parying and stoped there power jobs . think about it kids learn by watching there parents . if there parents are assholes the kids will grow up to be one too . and the ones who bully other kids are usely the ones who have daddys and mommys with the big fancy jobs and big house and they too are assholes . or the parents who are on the peta and are allways involed in there childs life there kids could be the ones shooting for no reason .  thats the thing you cant always think gee  i am involved in my kids life so that means they wount ever bully or shoot up a school . but school shootings are on the rize becuse of bulling in school no where elece . teachers are not nannies or anything like that but if a child comes to him hurt and brused saying this kid is bulling me they have to do something about it . and since now days in schools no one gives a shit so ya there will be pleanty more deaths. people kill people and teens kill teens  there is nothing you can do about it . and if parents worrie so much about there kids in school then do home schooling that way they will never be hurt or becomeing the one who does the hurting .

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Holly, JR--thank you!

Tamura--yes there are always exceptions and there will always be those who fall through the cracks, but the more parents are involved the better the chances are that things will get caught before getting out of hand. It doesn't matter how much money the parents make-- there are both rich and not so rich parents who ignore their kids for whatever reasons or aren't part of their lives as much ad they should be, for failing to realize it isn't all about them anymore when they become parents. It's the involvement that is needed over all else.

It may seem like schools don't care, and perhaps some don't, and they need to be held accountable for that. In other cases, they may not do as much as they should for fear of some legal action by the parents, because you know the way the world I's now, if you don't like something, hey, just sue them instead of finding a workable solution. There are others that do indeed care, and being a teacher myself, I see it even on the college level of how everyone wants to be individually coddled instead of putting on their big boy and big girl pants and sucking it up, because that's what our curriculum is.

So it's a two way street, and I count myself fortunate that my career allowed me to work odd hours, nights and weekends in the laboratory, so that I could be involved to the point of being the field trip and classroom helper mom. They used to put the bullies in my group all the time, BTW, because that group of kids were always scared shitless of me because I never allowed any crap behavior.

Yes, there will always be bullies and unfairness, but it's everyone's duty to work it out. Personal accountability for everyone involved--bullies, victims, adults, teachers, parents.

poet Anonymous

Tamaura_NightAngel said:even if parents stoped parying and stoped there power jobs . think about it kids learn by watching there parents . if there parents are assholes the kids will grow up to be one too . and the ones who bully other kids are usely the ones who have daddys and mommys with the big fancy jobs and big house and they too are assholes . or the parents who are on the peta and are allways involed in there childs life there kids could be the ones shooting for no reason .  thats the thing you cant always think gee  i am involved in my kids life so that means they wount ever bully or shoot up a school . but school shootings are on the rize becuse of bulling in school no where elece . teachers are not nannies or anything like that but if a child comes to him hurt and brused saying this kid is bulling me they have to do something about it . and since now days in schools no one gives a shit so ya there will be pleanty more deaths. people kill people and teens kill teens  there is nothing you can do about it . and if parents worrie so much about there kids in school then do home schooling that way they will never be hurt or becomeing the one who does the hurting .

You began:

"thats the thing you cant always think gee  i am involved in my kids life so that means they wount ever bully or shoot up a school".

So why contradict that truth with your last statement? :

"if parents worrie so much about there kids in school then do home schooling that way they will never be hurt or becomeing the one who does the hurting"

That word "never" really isn't fact. Isolating kids from public interaction isn't going to guarantee anyone's safety.

I'm done with discussion; the host of this thread wants entries for competition, not open debate.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

Take the fucking guns out of American culture and the whole world will be better for it

at three years old,
Jeb was dressed like Custer
and massacred all the little injuns
scattered around his play area

he’d used the Winchester that his father bought him
because it gave a loud bang
when he squeezed the little trigger
then he used his foot to sweep through the ranks

at five years
he’d dressed like a three star general
and went fighting the Germans
who’d set up camp beside his sandbox
he’d used the automatic that his father bought him
because it lit up and went clack-clack-clack
when he squeezed the little trigger

at ten, Jeb could hit Barbie
right between her eyes from five meters
with the air rifle that his father bought him
because he liked shooting the bitch

at twelve
Jeb shaved his head and laced his boots
then jumped into the back of his uncle’s pick up
with his brand new Smith and Wesson
and went on his first hunt

at fourteen
he’d finally shot him a coon

at sixteen,
Jeb had parked up beside the school
with the AR his father bought him
and the sounds of the children playing
sent him into a frenzy

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Ok here's my entry:

Bully Haiku

Ex-lax in their food
Makes hidden revenge so sweet;
Bullies shit themselves.

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 2483

lepperochan said:Take the fucking guns out of American culture and the whole world will be better for it

I totally agree with you on this one Eamon...gee, you don't even need a gun to hunt in the tri-state areas of DMV. Every week I see a deer on the road killed by a passing car! On the other hand, there could be an economic problem without guns and other weapons in the art of War - billions could be lost in revenues and millions could be jobless!

poet Anonymous

EngrVV said:[quote-274188-lepperochan]Take the fucking guns out of American culture and the whole world will be better for it

I totally agree with you on this one Eamon...gee, you don't even need a gun to hunt in the tri-state areas of DMV. Every week I see a deer on the road killed by a passing car! On the other hand, there could be an economic problem without guns and other weapons in the art of War - billions could be lost in revenues and millions could be jobless! [/quote]
// billions could be lost in revenues and millions could be jobless! //

Sorry EngrVV this caught my attention and i had to chime in, if not for funding overseas wars would be saving trillion $$ as well, let's face facts on what's going on under the table.

AscensionES
Aptilneilrionaltion
Dangerous Mind
Australia 9awards
Joined 22nd Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 1797

MadameLavender said:Dark is fine, but there's a limit to everything, regardless of genre. There does come a point where it should be questioned if something goes too far and is inappropriate even for "the harder side of poetry". Personally, I have no problem with pushing the limits, but I also look from the perspective of the reader as well--what if a parent of a Columbine or Newtown massacre victim, happened to come in here and read what got posted? It would sicken me to no end if it were my child who was gunned to death at school, a place where children are supposed to feel safe.

That's just it, isn't it?

This isn't the 'harder side of poetry'

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

Vee said:[quote-274194-EngrVV][quote-274188-lepperochan]Take the fucking guns out of American culture and the whole world will be better for it

I totally agree with you on this one Eamon...gee, you don't even need a gun to hunt in the tri-state areas of DMV. Every week I see a deer on the road killed by a passing car! On the other hand, there could be an economic problem without guns and other weapons in the art of War - billions could be lost in revenues and millions could be jobless! [/quote]
// billions could be lost in revenues and millions could be jobless! //

Sorry EngrVV this caught my attention and i had to chime in, if not for funding overseas wars would be saving trillion $$ as well, let's face facts on what's going on under the table.[/quote]

yes, but how else are the kids gonna learn geography?

look, if the only way a country can survive is ensuring the death of other people then perhaps you're doing it wrong?

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

AscensionES said:[quote-274174-MadameLavender]Dark is fine, but there's a limit to everything, regardless of genre. There does come a point where it should be questioned if something goes too far and is inappropriate even for "the harder side of poetry". Personally, I have no problem with pushing the limits, but I also look from the perspective of the reader as well--what if a parent of a Columbine or Newtown massacre victim, happened to come in here and read what got posted? It would sicken me to no end if it were my child who was gunned to death at school, a place where children are supposed to feel safe.

That's just it, isn't it?

This isn't the 'harder side of poetry' [/quote]

Yes we're the harder side of poetry , but we should also be the "smarter side of harder".  As I said there's nothing wrong with pushing limits, but it doesn't need to be pushed so far that we end up being investigated by some government agency who's job it is, is to pick up on potential terrorist/crime acts, via Internet monitoring.

caxton
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 9th July 2013
Forum Posts: 158

When it's late at night and the teens
Go down to the playground to make out
Sometimes things go a little to far
Like this one time they were getting
Hot and heavy next to the swings
Take off their pants and she gets on top
Riding for all she's got she's no innocent