Epic Battles Of History

zinger
Fire of Insight
United States
Joined 30th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 170

Poetry Contest

If y'all haven't seen the youtube videos, you might want to
So basically the person above you will pick someone from history, anyone they want and you are to write something as said person. (lets test y'alls knowledge of history lol)

The first person will be :
Billy The Kid

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

Zinger, I like the idea of writing in 1st person as historical figures, but why does it have to be a rap battle? That really limits participation. Why not a straight up poetry battle? I'm just fucking over rap battle comps, only because the standard of the rap here in DUP falls short compared to what I've seen recently at an open mic in NYC.

If you DUP rappers want to prove me wrong, how about y'all start laying down your raps on a recording, with or without beats, and post it here in DUP to show us all your killa flow... Instead of telling us how fly your rhymes and multies are.

Good luck with the comp,  h o m e s.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Ricky, just because someone writes in 1st person about vets that doesn't make them a vet. That goes for rappers rapping about being rappers. Because that's the challenge of being a creative writer, telling a story and making it real.

I believe everyone who commented on the piece you're referring to, excluding tank girl, had been in the military at some stage in their life and the reason why they commented is because they connected with the poem.

I look forward to hearing you rap.

zinger
Fire of Insight
United States
Joined 30th Dec 2012

ok, i changed it, i doesn't have to be a rap. just write as that person.

fist person is
Billy The Kid

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1873

SWEET CELSA

Adios my sweet Celsa
It’s time for me to go
Will ride together again
But not till after you’ve grown old

Amour my sweet Celsa
No tears for me will you shed
Will meet on a grand hacienda
When in heaven we are wed

Sir Winston Churchill

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

I hope I did this right!  If I didn't give me Hell and I'll delete.

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

Where the Hell is everybody?  The Zinger has posted a great competition, now let's see you shine!!!!!!

anonymouslyhere
Pariah Shadow
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 31st Oct 2013
Forum Posts: 1633

I'm not quite sure, but i think your suppose to write as if you are billy the kid. That's how i understand it.

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

I did.

zinger
Fire of Insight
United States
Joined 30th Dec 2012

no this is really good. most people would have went about it from the outlaw way of life, i like that you wrote to his love. i like it a lot

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

Thanks, but now I realize that maybe Churchill wasn't such a good prompt.  If no one responds to it in a few days, maybe I'll change it to something more exciting.

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

snugglebuck said:Thanks, but now I realize that maybe Churchill wasn't such a good prompt.  If no one responds to it in a few days, maybe I'll change it to something more exciting.

I'm working on a Churchill piece unless someone beats me to it.

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1749

Epic battles?! And then we get Billy the Kid....fucking hell.

Here are some people to look up for real epic battles...Alexander, the Spartan holding up Darius, the greeks wasting Darius at sea, Hannibal, the romans wiping hannibals arse in the end battles, the new zealand maori fucking with the English, Ajax, Genghis, the Turks versus the Anzacs (if fuck-ups count), Wellington, Nelson, even that French midget who was pretty handy with 1/2 a million men, anyone talked about in the art of war commentaries....the list goes on....Billy the Kid was a nothing, just some loser with a gun and a crew....fuckin' hell....

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1749

double post....but still, Billy the fucking kid???!!!

Go to page:
Go to: