Go to page:

Write a hiku on you're favourite activity.

poet Anonymous

Magdalena said:I saw the OP.  So he is not getting away with trying to make the members here look like they are picking on the "newbie"(?) by pulling a fast one.

TY for your witness, Magdalena. I too was concerned the first several posters (including myself) would be looking like bad flamers since Koku modified his OP.

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

Haiku are nature based poems, senryu are on based human emotion and experiences.  What you asked for in your original post, and modified version, would be senryu.

Because Japanese and English don't translate succinctly in terms of syllable count - poets have moved away from the traditional 5-7-5 format for some time now for both forms.  You'll still find 5-7-5 in practice - including on this site, but it's not a hard and fast rule.

With that said - my submission:

fuck off
blood clot
learn some manners

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

pheonix14 said:"Write a hiku that isn't shit, and has relivance too your favourite activity."

jaysus!

haiku*
relevance*
to*

and that was just one bloody sentence.

well fuck me sideways
Sinbad the sailor returns
how you been Sumeet

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5594

Alright Koku, I like the others did see your original post here in this comp, as being derogatory towards DUP.  And having a look at your profile, we find the following:

Username:         Koku
Relationship Status:         Taken
Favorite Poets/Writers:         Honestly, not you.
About Me:  

If you are reading this,
i'm going too share to you, the secrets of the universe.
Step 1 ; Go too your bathroom with a cup, urinate in that cup.
Step2; Tip bleach into cup, and stir with urine.
Step3; Sniff contense of cup fumes, and you will understand everything.

^^Seems to me, with a write-up like that, you're either a troll or a wise-ass teenager.  Regardless, though, let me point out that by adding bleach to your urine, that will throw off the acid/base balance of the solution to the point of having a falsely elevated pH, as well as denaturing the chemical bonds that hold the proteins together as structural components of cell walls, thereby causing them to break apart and give false negative readings for white and red blood cells on a urinalysis dipstick test, should you actually have any in there.  My point?  Well, white blood cells in the urine in large amounts, are an indicator of a urinary tract infection, and if left untreated, the bacteria can cross the blood-brain barrier, causing outward symptoms of confusion and dementia.

So I'm wondering if you do perhaps have a UTI which is causing you to write such things in your profile and in the original first post here?  If so, we do understand that it's entirely not your fault and just the effect of the bleach vs. the bacteria, nasty little microscopic buggers, they are.  

Would you like to continue on with this competition, or do you need time to recuperate?

poet Anonymous

Yeow and yay, Madame.

Have I time for another entry (since this is an "endless competition")?

Lobo, is this nature haiku or senryu? (Perhaps both?)

Kiss my butterfly.
The fire ants are on your hills.
Kiss my bumblybee.

(nose clothespin, anyone?)

;P

(edit: this poem is meant for Koku, not Lobo or other members...)

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Koku
Strange Creature
Afghanistan
Joined 21st July 2014
Forum Posts: 7

i GOT BORED.... Plus i started too enjoy writing poems. Wot of it? Lemme convert.
I dunt kno how 2 school so mi cant spel real good sorry.

Koku
Strange Creature
Afghanistan
Joined 21st July 2014

This post deadset has made my day. :')
Jesus christ.
<3 Sorry guys, didn't mean too deeply affend DUB comunity.
I shall punish myself.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1873

Sticks and stones will break my bones
But trolls will never jerk me

Koku
Strange Creature
Afghanistan
Joined 21st July 2014

I admit, originally I was trolling you all.
I read some poems here and I though too myself wow, there are some terrible poems right there.
But after surfing some more, and even stopping too bother writing one or two of my own, i enjoyed it.
I dropped out of school at age 15, so i am not the ideal speller nor am i too spectacular with my literacy.
But guess what?
I'm sorry for being a troll faggot.
KOKU MEANS BLACK IN JAPANESE.
And don't talk about UTI's you don't know much more then what Wikipedia has told you.
:3 --$MUSTARDGAS$--

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5594

Well I'm glad you've decided not to be a troll and give everything a fair shot. And if you stick around long enough to develop your own writing, Koku, you'll discover that we're all people just like you with many talents, interests and callings in life. Perhaps you'll discover more about yourself too, in the process, and I didn't use Wikipedia by the way--I have almost 30 years experience as a clinical lab scientist, and that was my way of putting you in your place with a bit of dark humor. But welcome and I hope DUP will help you to grow in many ways, as it has done for all of us.

malin69
malin
Dangerous Mind
France 5awards
Joined 12th Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 820

Koku said:
KOKU MEANS BLACK IN JAPANESE.

In my language (French), KOKU sounds like a cuckold!

Devilish
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 24th July 2011
Forum Posts: 1744

hemihead said:I hate fuckers
who post shit like this
they are dull cunts

Lmao.... I love you DeathProof.....

Sex with Jesus soothes
The sinful stains inside proves
That God does 'Exist'