Go to page:

Poems For Jeremiah

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5594

Ok sounds good everyone --I'll move the thread first thing in the morning and edit the opening post to reflect the change-- too cumbersome to do it via iPod and much easier/faster on my laptop!  We can morph this into something for all child victims in the name of Jeremiah! Great idea Tacete!

Austin_Rura
Austin Rura
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 6th Dec 2013
Forum Posts: 327

i dont know if i can write about something so tragic, but there is an amazing book ive read about the worst child abuse case in california history. "A Child Called It"... it really opened my eyes to just how sick some people can be. a truly inspiring account of courage and perseverance in the face of real life evil

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Austin_Rura said:i dont know if i can write about something so tragic, but there is an amazing book ive read about the worst child abuse case in california history. "A Child Called It"... it really opened my eyes to just how sick some people can be. a truly inspiring account of courage and perseverance in the face of real life evil

No problem, Austin, and thanks for passing on the name of the book! It's a disgusting world, that some children have to live in.

I've now moved this thread to the Poetry & Writing forum, so we can add to it however we want, instead of it being a competition.  As soon as I see an online guest book or some other form of condolence go up, I'll put a link to it, and if anyone wants to add their poem or anything to it, that can be your choice.

I'll be working on my own piece, today, to submit to this thread.

Tacete
who-isthe-silence
Twisted Dreamer
Australia 1awards
Joined 24th Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 205

Very well, I too will have my entry ready.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Update:  Here's a Facebook group that was started back when Jeremiah went missing, and they have some current updates:

https://www.facebook.com/Jeremiahseekers

Also, this funeral home is taking care of the arrangements, but no obituary/guest book, yet:

http://www.masciarellifamilyfuneralhomes.net/

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Here's my entry:

The Prophet Child

(For Jeremiah Oliver 2009-2014)

Oh that my head were waters, and mine eyes a fountain of tears, that I might weep day and night for the slain of the daughter of my people!  Jeremiah 9:1

And slain, he was,
By the monsters of the world
Come out from under his bed
And from in his closet.

The Deceiver and the Devourer
Brought real, his fears,
As they went into the world
To destroy the hope of the nations:
The Children of God.

But God has not left,
Nor has He come too late,
Or turned a blind eye and deaf ear;
He is the Alpha and the Omega,
No beginning or end to His presence,
And there are things that must come to pass
Despite our understanding and acceptance.
Things that needed to be allowed to happen,
For the coming of the Eternal Kingdom.

There, do you see it--?
It is on the horizon of the sunrise
As each new day breaks
And draws us closer to the End of Time,
When all comes full circle
And even the bad shall be used for good.

As the Prophet Jeremiah of old
Was silenced in the mire of the cistern,
His bones cried out from the Earth,
And so shall the New Jeremiah
In a cistern of his own
Shout from the ground and bring down the Heavens
With a voice that calls
And speaks for all children.

And the Lord who is the same,
Yesterday, today and tomorrow,
Was with Jeremiah, Old and New
Saying “Do not fear,
Grasp the hands of the angels
And step out upon the light
And return to your true home
From whence you came.”

And Jeremiah did,
And Jeremiah went,
Leaving his voice behind for the others.

Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.
But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.  Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.
Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.  Jeremiah 1: 4-9

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Obituary is in and looks like the service was today, if anyone is interested, or perhaps we should let this thread rest, too

http://www.masciarellifamilyfuneralhomes.net/obituary/Jeremiah-Oliver/Fitchburg-MA/1377779

Go to page:
Go to: