Go to page:

The never-written letter ...

RWhitewings
Gladys Rae
Lost Thinker
Joined 15th Nov 2009
Forum Posts: 17

Dear, darling, disaster...

You wouldn't recognise me now... Sure I  still look the same, eyes a little wiser maybe. I'm not who I used to be, and I once was. You used me, we both know it, maybe I even knew it then but that's not the point here. I  was impressionable, desperate for attention, someone to tell me I wasn't who I saw in the mirror. I needed someone to love me, not break me. You played me and you did it so well I can almost admire the skill in which you did it. I gave you everything you asked for and more. I was going to wait for you, while you flew off to the other side of the world, I was going to wait for you to come back for me. It never happened you never left the country, just me, for someone new.
I'm strong, and you made me this way. I can read people like a book and you taught me the language. I don't hate you ... it's a waste of energy.
Now I can't let anyone touch me, or close enought to hurt me. I feel so deeply and I can't express it. Maybe thats your fault to. Maybe its mine. Nevermind, have a good life...
Yours,
A stranger

Gg78
Tyrant of Words
United States 26awards
Joined 5th Mar 2011
Forum Posts: 9051

Dear dad
It's not that I hate you
It's more like I don't like anything about you
I hate the memories
I hate what you did to Ma
Ok so yea I hate you
You call and act like everything is ok
Well it's not
You killed my childhood along with my siblings childhood
And you stole my mothers sanity
Your just a very very very and my grandmother good rest her soul
Will be turning over in her grave for me saying this but I must
Your a child abusive, women abusing,  mind game fucker, evil spawn from hell..
There's no way you came from the two people that basically raised me no way
How? your the devil you have to be

GenUWinePoet
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 26th Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 10

I did write this letter - To Drugs! Of Course - they never die! and to some they are mighty fine friends but to me - they were nothing but trouble! so here is my version of the letter!

I Want Drugs To Die

You know who you are you fucking whore! !

You cost me a good portion of my life.

Screwed with my mind, my body and soul.

Tore apart my heart, life and world! ! ! !

If I could I would destroy every inch of you in this world...
I light your fields on fire, and cut down ever tree...
I would sink every boat that carried you from your country to mine.
Blow up every airplane you ever boarded.
I spit on you, stomp on you,
dropp you down a garbage disposal.

I would crush every stem,
dismantle every chore boy factory,
stop your charms from getting people addicted...
I would flush you down the toilet,
and chain you to your shore.

I don't want you around me, or my friends.

I don't want you in my world.
I want you die.
I want you to be extinct.

Unavailable,
unused,
unneeded...

but you got me, you know that...

right where had be right where you wanted me..

I WAS BEHOLDEN TO YOU! ! !

NOT ANYMORE....

I AM CLEAN NOW,
I AM WINNING THE FIGHT AGAINST YOU

BUT you are torturing so many lives

I don't think its fair how much power you have...

YOU are more powerful than GOD

YOU are wanted and loved more than anything else on earth

YOU are chosen over families, and friends

YOU are chosen over jobs, and responsibilities

YOU are in more demand than money or power

YOU are the most despicable thing on the PLANET

YOU AND ALL YOUR MIND-TWISTING FRIENDS
THAT CHANGE DECENT PEOPLE
INTO LYING, THEIVING, CONVINNING
STEALING, PROSTITUE and PIMPS

I WISH YOU WOULD DIE
BEFORE YOU COULD
KILL ANOTHER
PERSON! ! ! !

jolais
Thought Provoker
United States 3awards
Joined 4th Jan 2011
Forum Posts: 285

Dear ___,

I felt it-
that fit
one inside corner was cozy
and mine
and the view
took my breath away
(to wink at cliche)
and you

you
with everything left
of a life full
of experience
foolishness
and wisdom both

you know
that life's too short
to waste
rescinding the great
the good
with regret

and you always
ride your waves
of mood and change
letting them sculpt
your self
your words
bringing them back new
every time

weather can make a person
right?
and you've beat a gale
or two
watched new life grow
from drought

now
you revel in the rain
and wait
for thunder
to roll in your veins
and you follow

i miss my corner
but at least
i can see a glow
from here

Jestalessa
Dangerous Mind
Scotland 35awards
Joined 27th July 2010
Forum Posts: 2329

Note: This letter/story is mostly fictional, this thread's doing its duty to inspiration. [:

As much as I care and wonder about your now, San, and what you're doing, what you're up to,
I swear, sometimes old times make me want to cry for missing that place,
that perfect platonic balance we had for each other, you and I.
We could read each others' minds, reactions, remember? We were never bored
even on the laziest days. I miss you
for certain facts, like the one which clearly states that we never had the same taste
but we were always honest and we most often got along. And nah, we didn't run in the same
night crowds but that couldn't possibly have made any difference to us. We ended up
the superimposed parents of a kiddie crowd anyway.

I would take your side for [almost] anything because you gave off all the right reasons
for me to believe that you knew what you were on about; and your style always made me goggle.
You were effortlessly original, where I had to peel the denim bells
and hoodies off of myself with a fork when I was 21.

You weren't happy for me when I told you I was getting married. I introduced you and wondered
why I felt my worlds colliding; I was embarrassed somehow.
You were sure he and I didn't match, had nothing in common, we were too young. I denied it all,
of course, as we'd been acquainted since we were kids. You told me that I was going to end up
a trophy wife on a shelf. I denied that too.
But years later, recalling our conversation, were it not so sickening
I would have had a great laugh at the whole thing. You were right.

And I can't forget when you announced to me over the phone that you were joining the military.
It shocked the shit out of me as you were the complete opposite of everything they stood for
and never once believed in their cause. I shed a few tears after hanging up
because I knew you might not get back alive. And you nearly didn't, you shit.

It's close to 8 years now, since a face-to-face and when last I called, your mom
didn't quite tell me that my old phone number was always around in a drawer somewhere.
I hope you're happy, that you've found that girl that's neither a psychotic, nor a stalker, and
that you have the connection you've always wanted and deserved... Oh yes,
complete with a healthy side-dish of 'nice ass'.

Always,
J 'Snoop Doggie' G.

P.S. Moonbeam-It-Is is still here, and he is extraordinarily miserable. :D

PierreTheMad
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 7th Dec 2009
Forum Posts: 2808

I'm loving this thread.

Starlight_angel
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 25th Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 1240

I've been working the last hour to write my unwritten letter, but it got me too emotional. I guess my letter isn't ready to be written.

LunaObscura
Utmakalitho Petragammata
Fire of Insight
United States 5awards
Joined 2nd June 2011
Forum Posts: 655

i did this as a song a while back. i dont feel comfortable posting it yet, but thats a good way to go with it.

if someone makes you want to kill them, do it on paper!

Six-Out
Jon Rodgers
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 9th June 2011
Forum Posts: 251

[quote]Mr_Sin said:
I drink, tonight,
and scream- as if the stars are listening.
I want to write my father a letter,
and tell him,
that I can hold my liquor,
better than he ever held me,

and I ask meekly,
that you- "don't stop loving me",
even though, I'm often wondering
if you ever started.

I want to write on under-the-bridge walls,
and scribble on bathroom stalls,
that I have nothing but my glass and my pen,
both of which- are running a little on the empty side,
and I want to kiss my soul with vodka lips,
and drink to remembrance.

Here's a toast, father dear, I never loved you,

and I want to scream- in symbolic metaphors,
that poetry is useless, because we're all going to die,
and I'm hoping one day- I can forget you,
and start living, for -me.

So don't ask for your forgiveness-
because retribution is for the weak, and I'm a stronger man
without you, so walk on, high horse on your back,
down that golden road- and hope the reflection,
doesn't blind you.

because if you never see me again, I want,
this last image in your head.

that this is me,
done- with you.

I was going to come in here and post one of mine, but I suppose this guy already did it for me. Hah, so I'll go ahead and post another.

a letter from the lost

dear sir.

and oh how it pains me to call you dear. sir.
leave your lavish words behind- they have no place here
no meaning: just empty promises upon a broken sigh
more lies. more lies. more lies- and it doesn't bother you in the least?

phone calls from further away- and this is life
a lunch date here. a birthday card there. years together out the window
and a few crumpled photographs- plastic smiles and an epitaph of a relationship lost
and this is life. does it make you happy to know that I don't care
and that I've moved on. another phone call.
I'm sorry. and you can't help it.

too many tears shed over what was never there to begin with
so just pray to your god. you love him more than me anyways
if you love me at all.

this. this is pointless, inane. and I'm sorry for wasting any more of your time
as if 20 years isn't enough.
how selfish of me. forget I wrote this. forget I exist.
I'm sure that won't be too hard for you.

sincerely, and with what little love I have left.
-your mistake. your past. your son.

Jon.

stepintomywinter
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 19th Dec 2010
Forum Posts: 92

i never ment to see you this way
it kills me every time i try and remember what brought us to this point
th driving force behind us has died out
i just what you to know i understand the smallest things still torment my mind
i guess i was just un awair of the beauty that i held
the subtle times that i took for granted
but the past can only tear us down
now that its past us i realize that i was the one who ripped our erfect sky to the ground
the one who dug these graves that we now reside in
the dirt is what pains me now
it cripples and blind as i try and look past it
filling in the gapps holding us to this unrelenting tragidy
its changed me inside
twisted my guts into knots that i cant untie
starving for affection wanting and needing some sort of peace
to come passing over and revive my dieing heart
bleeding out over the roses you hung to dry now lying on the floor
like freezing sleet hitting my skin sending waves of dred across this void
shattering in defiance defaning sounds eclipse my ears
condeming and replacing true emotions with scorn and hatred
circling in on my weakest moment
one that i can only wish i could dis create and watch trickle down the drain
its hopeless i cant take back what is done
but i can remain hopefull that the sea will recied back to were it came from
and with hast i will struggle against the current untill that day

Gg78
Tyrant of Words
United States 26awards
Joined 5th Mar 2011
Forum Posts: 9051

Dear violet

Your soup is burning,

violet
Vi
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 6awards
Joined 13th Feb 2011
Forum Posts: 2523

Shit!!!

poet Anonymous

Dear C-----

I remember the last time we met, that was when I realised how little I care about you. I wish I never wasted those three years. In some ways, you helped me, you gave me a lot. But you took away far more. Did it ever make you feel strong, when you did all those things? You always said you were a weak person, but I think you were lying.

You might be engaged now, with that man you're with. If so, I'm sorry to say I can't give you my best wishes. I don't care what you're doing. I hear you've changed too, physically. I'm afraid I can't believe that you've changed inside, though. To me, you will forever be that malicious, unpleasant cunt.

When I left you, I'll admit I felt sorry for you. But as time passed, I regurgitated more of the memories that I must have worked so hard to deny myself. Do you remember that night, perhaps 1am, when you punched the spectacles off my face? Demanded I betray my best friends? Beat me in the car on the way home? I hope you do remember those things. I do. I owe it to myself.

I have never felt more trapped and isolated than when I was with you. The times you attacked me and pummelled me almost drove me to mental collapse. Why did you do those things? I'm scared I'm just telling myself I never hurt you, but I've never been more certain that it's true. I never hurt you. At times I wish I had.

I don't know how to end this letter. The lesser part of me wants to finish by telling you to fuck off, and die alone - but I am a stronger man than that. I'll simply end with the refrain I've been repeating to myself all these years:

I hope I never see you ever again.

R.

cjmshadow
Poetic Joker
Fire of Insight
United States 10awards
Joined 2nd Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 557

Dear Morgan,

This is my last letter to you. I've given up trying to love you. You put me through the worst 2 months of my life, more pain and suffering and depression than I could've ever imagined, and i can imagine a lot. We spent almost 11 beautiful amazing months together, we stayed strong when i went to Michigan for boot camp for 2 months. I thought we grew even stronger when i went to Mississippi for 3 months after that for A school. In my eyes, we'd already done it, we'd made it past the hardest part. I thought you'd be able to handle me leaving for Spain, because the distance no longer hurt us like it used to. I guess i was wrong. i'll never understand why you chose to wait 3 days before i left for my first Navy command to dump me over the phone, even though your plan was to do the day i actually left. i'll never know why even that night you acted like nothing was wrong until i felt something was different and finally got you to admit you didn't want to date me. and i'll never know why you chose to look at the petty issues we had instead of the true everlasting love we felt for eachother. we were perfect for eachother, so i thought. the week we met we were both suicidal from being alone too long. our families liked eachother, and even though we lived 2 and a half hours away we loved eachother stronger and more deeply than any couple i knew who wasn't married. you taught me to fall in love at first site. i don't understand this... i gave you everything. i stayed up with my friends in boot camp and prayed, talked, and cried about our girlfriends, i wrote letters to you instead of writing to my mom or dad. i saved every scrap of paper you sent me in boot camp, 33 letters that said you'd never leave me 96 times and that you loved me forever 98 times.... i stayed up till 3 or 4 in the morning every night for 3 months in A school so i could talk to you more. i didn't eat lunch so i could talk to you even though i got 300 dollars taken out of my paycheck each month to pay for food i didn't eat. i sacrificed my time, my money, my love, my life for you. i bought you jewelry, not to buy your love, but because i could, and wanted you to have something nice. i spent over $3000 on you in 11 months... but nothing was good enough for you. i had to cut myself and burn myself to get your attention when you were with your friends. because of you, i started taking medical ibprofen in A school, and fucked up my stomach because of it. please, tell me, what did i do wrong??? because every girl i talk to says she'd die for her boyfriend to do what i did. we started dating June 11 until March 25. besides 2 months of boot camp, i didn't miss a single night of callign you, no matter what it cost me. i have cried more tears than i can imagine because of you. i have shed more blood than i ever have from cutting or burning. i have scars that will always last. you haven't said a word to me since the night you dumped me while sobbing in tears and me begging you to stay. and i've learned my lesson. i've grown stronger. i've finally gotten over you. you're the one who lost, remember that. i wrote a few poems about you, but my favorite one is "you lost". you are nothing more than a sad memory to me now. i have found the true love of my life, Renee Stanifer, and you are still alone in your regret and sorrow. i feel nothing but disgust for you and what you've done. i'm done trying to be nice. i wish i could just say what's burning in my mind, the anger and pain that wants to come out, but even now i cannot bring myself to that low of a level or hurt you like that. so this is my final goodbye... i hope one day you realize that i did my best for you. theres so much i want to say, but that would take page after page to write, so i will end it now with a simple goodbye.
                                                                                             - Caleb

Floetry19
Zab
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 16th June 2011
Forum Posts: 9

we haven't been father and son for years now. we hate eachother now. i mean look at us we havent talked in 2 months. its beenn like tis far too long. talking not talking. we hold grudges that happened in the past. you carry the burdens of the past into the present which tortues you. i can see that now. your hatred is your burden. now i know why you always angered so quickly. your hatred and your cluelessness of raising a family. of raising sons and daughterss. it was hard on you i know. you didnt know what on earth you were doing. didnt have the slightest idea of showing us any love but not because you didnt want to, because you didnt know how. you are good man but a bad father im sorry. but i will always and shall forever love you because love knows no boundaries. i forgive you and i hope you forgive me pop beecause i love you no matter what pop.

Go to page:
Go to: